Lst Training.. Did I Do It Right ?

• Thread starter ChuiSoto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChuiSoto

I got about 5 ft before they hit the lights that's me still giving it a lil room.
1 of my 1000 watt lights went out so I'm using a 450 watt so I'm just waiting for it to come in before I flip. It's my first grow so I'm still learning

C

ChuiSoto

I was thinking about FIM'N or would that be a waste of time ?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I was thinking about FIM'N or would that be a waste of time ?

Definitely not a waste of time in a sense you give these gals time to respond to being fim'd. If you plan on flipping in a week like others stated. Yeah you won't see any benefit in doing so. Good luck to you!

C

ChuiSoto

So say if I was to decide to hold off on the switching and I was to FIM every single one of my tops tomorrow how long would I have to wait ? Also do I just FIM just the top node or can I also FIM the nodes below the top node ?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
So say if I was to decide to hold off on the switching and I was to FIM every single one of my tops tomorrow how long would I have to wait ? Also do I just FIM just the top node or can I also FIM the nodes below the top node ?
I would fimm and wait AT LEAST 10 to 14 days to flip, most likelt wait 3 weeks. You want them to have a good structure to the parts reaching for the light before flowering. I would also keep hst the tallest parts and pinching and bending them down.

C

ChuiSoto

Oh yeah I've been doing the HST some of them get a lil to excited and have to put them in check lol so should I FIM just the top nodes or I can FIM the top nodes and ones below them as well? I've been vegging them for about 6 weeks tomorrow is that a long time ? It's my first grow so I'm still learning

C

ChuiSoto

Like I haven't topped them I got them as clones and it grows the main stem node and a another one on the side of that node and it continues that process is that normal ? so it grows two on its own every time

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Here's where you may want to consider scrogin...if you were thinking about it nows a good time.

I hate to speak for a lot of us but I fim and top..I try and top early to keep my gal as squat as possible then I fim where I want to make bushy growth. Looking at your pics if you're thinking of another 3 week veg you could fim just about anything, and see results...imo...scrog would be nice

A

Annihilater

I would personally wait about 3 weeks to flower. Keep training and fim in about a week. Wait two weeks after the fim and switch to flower. This is the best advice I can give with the pictures and not much other knowledge of your strain or room.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

that's sure a shit light if it all ready went out u said first grow and they ant that big so may by 30 days old and burned out?

C

ChuiSoto

I bought 2 1000 watt lumatek ballast used they lasted like 3 days and the other 3 weeks and now they both went out so I just bought two new ones on amazon my other new ballast arrives today.

C

ChuiSoto

Okay I'm considering both options now what if I was to FIM then Scrog would that be something that would benefit me with a longer wait because I do have to wait 10-14 days from now to flip becuase of the LST what's another week right ?

A

Annihilater

I think you have the right idea. Only you can decide what's best for you, but I think you would benefit immensly from a few more bud sites and an evenly scrog'd canopy. You having two 1k bulbs on the way I think you would be disappointed if you switched to flower without having a more full canopy. If you could take a picture from the top down of just one plant it would help me.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

If it were me...I'd fim NOW. ..you'll need excellent veg light, time, and good humidity to get the growth needed in the time you're talking.

I'd veg another month scrogin..keeping in mind space restraints for the other plants..then when reached let em go up! It's hard to tell your pot sizes from the pics.

A month of proper vegging and training under scrog will put you on track to be amazed. Assuming you're not running a crap strain and feeding them properly.

C

ChuiSoto

Okay this is my biggest and my smallest right now
My humidity stays at 60% and now I have 2 brand new 1000 watt lights. I am feeding them Bloom The Yellow Bottle:
Euro A&B
Botanicare: Cal-Mag Plus and Silica
I got about another 5' for growth and they are in 10 gallon smart pots hope that's enough info if you guys need more just ask me lol

IMG 1933
IMG 1932
IMG 1934
A

Annihilater

If it were me...I'd fim NOW. ..you'll need excellent veg light, time, and good humidity to get the growth needed in the time you're talking.

I'd veg another month scrogin..keeping in mind space restraints for the other plants..then when reached let em go up! It's hard to tell your pot sizes from the pics.

A month of proper vegging and training under scrog will put you on track to be amazed. Assuming you're not running a crap strain and feeding them properly.

I think if you do this it will blow your mind!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It looks like you did OK to me. I would maybe wait a week after training to flip over to 12/12. Just an idea. You can switch to flower whenever your ready. Your only limitation is the height of your room.
I
I would fimm and wait AT LEAST 10 to 14 days to flip, most likelt wait 3 weeks. You want them to have a good structure to the parts reaching for the light before flowering. I would also keep hst the tallest parts and pinching and bending them down.
yep ^^^^^

Top Bottom