Mad Mold Problems - black spot? Rust?

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Discretepete

Honey, you've got deficiencies goin' on there. At first I was thinking P or Ca, but it's not really like Ca-, and it's not a terribly uneven blotchiness/necrosis like P, so I'm going to land on K-/+. What media are you growing in?

In any event, that's not black mold, it certainly isn't black spot (aka Septoria) and I don't believe the harpin proteins are going to do anything to fix what you've got goin' on there.
I'm in promix HP, using advanced nutrients, I've added Humboldt's own crystal burst to my feed and it didn't do much to help. Also adding 3ml calimagic per liter. Ive struggled with this strain really hard though. Lol. Same soil and schedule I've run for awhile. Only difference in this tent is the LED and only this tent was affected like that. One plant in the pic was real bad. Others not as bad at all but nothing I've done has put them where I want lol. Just glad when this grows is over and on to the next. It's still meds....just not my best run lol. The buds are filling out and covered in Trichs. My buddy own the local grow shop and sent me home with the axiom for free. I showed him a couple pics on my phone and he seemed positive enough to give me the axiom. He could b mistaken tho. I just figured what the hell at this point. I really don't like having to flush lol so I figured I'd give this a whirl and see what happens....
What would b your best suggestions moving forward? Calimagic is 5% cal and 1.5 mag. 1N. The crystal burst is 0-15-15. I tried upping them both but it didn't help. Supposed to b a quick finishing strain so before adding the booster I tried switching big bud to overdrive but the problem persisted. Not affecting 2 of the three girls as bad. This is a rough strain. I had one hermie me too so maybe I messed something up in the very beginning? I got 9 other autos rocking and a good men stock so I'm not super worried.more disappointed lol

D

Discretepete

I'm finally getting a ppm meter Saturday after almost a year of growing lol

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

Hey guys and gals,
Sea you are right 99.99% of the time but I'm going to have to argue with you on this one. This dude has the rust! On my last harvest, which is curing now, I went off the advice of my local grow shop and tried every nutrient to counter the deficiencies the shop said I was having, the rust just kept on coming. One day when I was outside I noticed the identical rust on some of the non-mj plants so I started my investigation. Come to find out this rust is very very common especially if you live in or by the commercial grapevines where the rust is super common. I tried Actinovate(worthless), almost acted as if it were feeding the rust. I then went to the local farm supply and found Monterey's "Fungi-Fighter"(not organic) but holy you know what, this stuff worked PERIOD!!! It is good for fruit and nut bearing plants/trees and it is a systemic that will be out of your plant in 21 days which is when they recommend another application. The babies are happy as seen in the picture, one of the moms(over a year old) is starting to acquire the rust again, as seen in the pic. It has been about 22 days since I've sprayed and when I did spray the first time I just went over the moms really quick and concentrated on the babies.

D

Discretepete

And this shit is super contagious, it will spread like fire and affect final yield do the plant putting its energy into fighting the fungi instead of concentrating on blooming.
I cut off everything that was effected and then applied the spray. I'm still a noob but I did try everything but a flush and mold defense lol I was told that's why my Trichs are so heavy on this strain probably USD my plants already in defense mode. This is just what I was told that I'm passing on here. I guess all I can do is wait and see and clean up my whole grow room very soon.

D

Discretepete

You want to read Capulator's thread on how light spectrum affects nutrient uptake. Pretty mindblowing thread, because it really does have an effect, and it can be rather dramatic.
Can u point me in that direction or send a link? That's sea maiden! Appreciate it and for your help

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

Rust is hard to get rid of.. I am dealing with it now.. went threw all the nute blocks switch nutes ph correct ect.. started over with new plants and it came back/ still have the problem ,, I think its in my whole house the spores. I only use a 400 mh for veg and 600 for flower... It is not a nute or light problem .

Last edited:
NorthernMich

NorthernMich

This is the rust I am dealing with Asprin Og biowar does help but does not get rid of it.

IMG 0309 2
Top Bottom