Made New Vortex Tea Brewer Today

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

img_1292-jpg.371060

Is there a reason you don't just use the 90° elbow alone, or a M-F 90° elbow coming out of the 45° piece? That is, it would be rotating out of the return, rather than crossing the container and starting against the opposite wall. I feel like this would raise the vortex to the top of the container, no matter how much you brew, allowing for the maximum amount of surface area for gas exchange... also, less stuff in the way.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Is there a reason you don't just use the 90° elbow alone, or a M-F 90° elbow coming out of the 45° piece? That is, it would be rotating out of the return, rather than crossing the container and starting against the opposite wall. I feel like this would raise the vortex to the top of the container, no matter how much you brew, allowing for the maximum amount of surface area for gas exchange... also, less stuff in the way.

The bulk head come into the tank several inches, I went with this setup, as you need to be able to Move it up and down like an arm, I can lower it and make a 3-4 gallon batch if I needed.
(I feel like this would raise the vortex to the top of the container) I'm not getting what your talking about here, there is NO WAY your going to get a faster or deeper Vortex with this setup, Of course someone could revise it, but this is simple, easy to clean and works, Hell build one and test it out!!!! Check out the pics I posted on the previous page, I just don't know how much better of a Vortex you could get using just AIR .I'm not seeing why anyone would need or want more then that. If you find something that just makes it better on Your Vortex Brewer please hit me up and post it here.;)

bibbles

bibbles

I was just thinking that the vortex would run down the walls from the top, which would work, but not if your bulkhead projects into the tank; I'll post a DIY for the one I use when it goes back together, it's not as serious, but at most it's just $30 to get everything from Home Depot!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I'm about to build one of these, thanks for the help Oscar! I have a spare commercial air 7 pump I plan on using. I want your opinions on this since the AP-100 flows 150 lpm (I did the conversion) and the com7 flows 200 lpm. Should I still be fine with 2" plumbing running a com7? The com7 has a 1/2" outlet I believe. The container is a 35 gallon rotomold, looks just like oscar's but with a different stand. I'll take lots of pictures.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm about to build one of these, thanks for the help Oscar! I have a spare commercial air 7 pump I plan on using. I want your opinions on this since the AP-100 flows 150 lpm (I did the conversion) and the com7 flows 200 lpm. Should I still be fine with 2" plumbing running a com7? The com7 has a 1/2" outlet I believe. The container is a 35 gallon rotomold, looks just like oscar's but with a different stand. I'll take lots of pictures.
If you already have the Com & air pump then I would just give it a try, but the AP-100 has a 3/4 output and I have that ran to a 3/4 barb, its takes a shit ton of air to make theses things work, so just give it a wirl if the Com 7 can't do it the upgrade to the Ap-100. they are real nice pumps.;)

Delerium

Delerium

This is all done with air.
I've made a vortex epicenter instead of using airstones for a rdwc with a canner pump.
Interesting

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Oh yea the ecoplus commercial air 7 works fine but it shakes crap off of my nightstand if I don't hang it from a bungee. I used it since it was just laying around. The danner can't be any worse is what I gather.

Delerium, all air powered. I like it. Very simple yet effective.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Oh yea the ecoplus commercial air 7 works fine but it shakes crap off of my nightstand if I don't hang it from a bungee. I used it since it was just laying around. The danner can't be any worse is what I gather.

Delerium, all air powered. I like it. Very simple yet effective.
Them AP-100 are quite like a mouse and have zero vibration, best pumps I have ever owned..;)

Last edited:
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Here's my smaller cheaper version. Wanted to make a vortex brewer for small batch brews. This can brew up to 4 gallons at a time. I tested it with 3.5 gallons of water.
20140304 191124

20140304 191021

20140304 191039

Here are a few quick shots I took the first test with it to see how the vortex was....
20140305 140146

20140305 140310

It's somewhat sputtering out of the tube into the bucket so I think it's one of two things. Maybe my 110 LPM pump isn't enough power or my drain at the bottom of the bucket isn't wide enough so it's taking to long to cycle water.

It's getting a somewhat vortex but not to where I want it to be. Gonna mess with it a bit till I get it to where I want it

Last edited:
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Mine cycles the same way, like a washing machine. Kachunk..kachunk..kachunk.. I think it's the air pump on mine but it gets a vortex going just fine. That's very nice skunkmasterflex, most people don't need anything bigger. I could get away with the smaller bucket setup, I only need 2.5 gallons at a time. It's nice to see that a bucket will vortex. I got my cone bottom on trade for herb so I used it.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ya mine does the kachunck kachunck kachunck as well... It vortexes OK but I think there's a better way... Like using a 1.5" 30" piece that goes to the bulkhead... As that would cause a solid stream.... But I don't wanna fuxk with mine really. Thought I did something wrong

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Ya mine does the kachunck kachunck kachunck as well... It vortexes OK but I think there's a better way... Like using a 1.5" 30" piece that goes to the bulkhead... As that would cause a solid stream.... But I don't wanna fuxk with mine really. Thought I did something wrong
What model Air Pump are you using ?, The 2 inch riser pipe will need a large air pump like the AP-100...;)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I'm using an ap-100 homie

I honestly just don't think with the differences in your tank in comparison to my riser... I'm sure your riser is maybe 20" as compared to 30.5' no pump is going to be able to keep up....

Unless when this one shows up, which does 200 LPM as the ap-100 does 150 LPM. Well 149.6 but who's counting

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I searched for hours last night and this is the closest I could find to what the 35 gal DIY could use and is cheap.... Anything that was 200 LPM was like 500$. Fuck that shit. Unless I'm just dumb and can't find one. I'm curious to see if I can replace the 1/2" to a brass 3/4 as well. But meh shouldn't matter, that one WILL put more air out then the ap-100. And if it works.. Anyone want a ap-100 ;) lol

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm using an ap-100 homie

I honestly just don't think with the differences in your tank in comparison to my riser... I'm sure your riser is maybe 20" as compared to 30.5' no pump is going to be able to keep up....

Unless when this one shows up, which does 200 LPM as the ap-100 does 150 LPM. Well 149.6 but who's counting
The tank in this build is a 15 gallon take and the line used from the Ap-100 to the Brewer is 3/4 inside and the barb fitting is also 3/4 inch there will be a ton of AIR loss with anything smaller then the 3/4

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Curious Oscar did you try a 1.5 as your riser.. Only thing being is that a 2" I think is the reason it's sputtering a touch... That water should be coming out like a jet. Yours works better then the other DIY because your rise is shorter with less air volume. With a 1.5 it'll come out like a jet, and no EWC or humus in the world is gonna get clogged. I really wanna try it with mine (changing riser to 1.5) but I need to know for sure your riser is short and that someone else with the 35 gallon is also having issues with an ap-100

Oh and Oscar
I just
Mentioned the change in barb as the 200LPM is a 1/2..
So
I'd imagine 1/2
Would be needed on the tank side

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Curious Oscar did you try a 1.5 as your riser.. Only thing being is that a 2" I think is the reason it's sputtering a touch... That water should be coming out like a jet. Yours works better then the other DIY because your rise is shorter with less air volume. With a 1.5 it'll come out like a jet, and no EWC or humus in the world is gonna get clogged. I really wanna try it with mine (changing riser to 1.5) but I need to know for sure your riser is short and that someone else with the 35 gallon is also having issues with an ap-100

Oh and Oscar
I just
Mentioned the change in barb as the 200LPM is a 1/2..
So
I'd imagine 1/2
Would be needed on the tank side
I just measued the 2 inch riser pipe from the Tee at the bottom to where is goes into the 90* that goes into the tank it 23.5 inches

Latest posts

Top Bottom