Made New Vortex Tea Brewer Today

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I have been running Caps Bennies for some time have always brewed the with a 400 Micron Bag in a 15 gallon bucket, but wanted to try with out having to use bags, so I built a new brewer, I spent a lot of time on the net looking at different styles and tried to make it simple.
Will take some pics later this week when I got it running..:snaphappy:
Made new vortex tea brewer today

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

looks nearly identical to the design i made...only thing I did was put the air supply at the top (where you have a 90 elbow) and dropped a 3/8 in. tube all the way to the bottom of the return line, capped the end and drilled lots of 1/16 holes in the tube. sort of acts like the downstem to a bong, and it's SUPER easy to clean...I made it so all i have to do to take it apart is pull out an unsealed bushing reducer. I also put the return on a threaded T so I could disassemble it for cleaning.

I'll try to get pics up, it's a 50 gallon setup in a small space so it's impossible to shoot but I can get a picture of the return most likely.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

here's a pic of the return...the other end has a threaded male. The double-ended hose thing is the air supply, it works with the end of the tube opened or with the end of the tube plugged and diffuser holes drilled into it. It just slides right into the return and bubbles from the bottom.

IMAG0441

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

2013 08 11 14 16 46 769
ahhh good ol plastic mart. They actually use chemtainer for a lot of their supplies. You should check them out. My local place.

They are local to us Cap? I've been thinking about going with a bigger unit. This is my diy vortex brewer. I didn't even glue the 1" pvc, that way I can break it down and clean it between brews. You can see the FOAM EXPLOSION I had last week still on the wall. I need to clean that up.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Really cool Oscar!!!

Where did you source the tank and stand?
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/5813/15-gallon-cone-inductor-tank-fully-draining-infd15-19

Here is the tank I bought its a FULL Draining tank, went with the 2" drain, the whole system is 2" PVC the, I ran 1 " PVC for the drain were the garden house hooks up. I went with 2 inch so I don't have to worry about EWC and shit plugging. I have a bigger pump on the way Pound Master AP100 will be here this week then I take more pic of it in action..:D

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
With that pluming setup, how is goin to flow? your bottom drain line and top return line are on the same loop, where does the pump fit into the setup?
I was running 3/8 air with a commercial 5 Air pump that is hooked to the left of the brewer then the air lifts up the riser pipe,witch brings a ton of water with it, then your Vortex starts. But I ran it all in huge 2" so I ordered a larger pump more air more water..:)

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I guess I would go with 1 1/2" PVC lift tube, so a smaller air pump would work better. I really like your design and I want to duplicate it... as soon as I catch up with the other 12 projects I have hoping on right now!

For sure go with the smaller 1.5 lift pipe if you don't want to have to buy a larger air pump, it works ok with the commercial 5, but not good enough for me, I want the Vortex to be so strong that it would suck curtains off the wall if there was some. :p LOL well maybe not that strong,

ttystikk

ttystikk

For sure go with the smaller 1.5 lift pipe if you don't want to have to buy a larger air pump, it works ok with the commercial 5, but not good enough for me, I want the Vortex to be so strong that it would suck curtains off the wall if there was some. :p LOL well maybe not that strong,

Gonna do your best H. Ross Perot impression; 'there's this great SUCKING SOUND, coming from your basement...' LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom