Made New Vortex Tea Brewer Today

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Plastic carboys for brewing come in 3 & 5 gallons and have a cone shaped induction bottom. All you gotta do is cut the top off and you're good to go.

at a 10 to 1 ratio I didn't need anything larger than a 5 really, and if I need less I can just fill it halfway. :p
so how is this working for you? How far down does your air hose go?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

This was a great thread! Thought i would throw up my new homemade vortex brewer. Shes not brewing anything at the moment but you get the idea.
20170327 154328
20170327 154313

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I like yours! More my size... Happy with the flow, and everything?
Yeah it took a few designs to get it vortexing properly. My stand is super janky just used 2x4 scraps and most of the pvc fittings were things i had laying around haha. I used a shower drain instead of a bulkhead for the drain. Its all 2" pvc with a 3/4" line that drains to a 5 gallon bucket that i carry to my mixing rez. I put 1" nozzles on the spouts to increase pressure and spin. It definitely could be done with 1.5" pvc but i already had alot of 2" stuff from my hydro system. I also added the rubber tees on my final design so it can be taken apart for cleaning. All in cost me about $200 but thats mostly because i went overkill on an air pump. I have to say im pretty impressed with this design. A 5 gallon bucket size brewer is really all most of at home growers need. Usually mix my 5 gallons of tea with 15-25 gallons of water and my organic plants love it! Works great to green up your lawn as well

robo

robo

so how is this working for you? How far down does your air hose go?

Hey, its working great, I can take a picture of it vortexing next time I have it going if youd like.
The hose goes down 2/3rds of the way. You can play around with how far down it goes and use what works best for you.

Also, make sure you get a large pump, bigger the better. That is if you want it to vortex properly. The more dissolved oxygen the better right?

The carboy I'm using is actually the same size as a 5 gallon bucket, & the reason for using it is so that the induction-like bottom allows it to spin easier & I would think less dead spots for sediment to build up.

Also with only 1 pipe feeding the jug, it is very easy to clean.

Hope this helps.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah it took a few designs to get it vortexing properly. My stand is super janky just used 2x4 scraps and most of the pvc fittings were things i had laying around haha. I used a shower drain instead of a bulkhead for the drain. Its all 2" pvc with a 3/4" line that drains to a 5 gallon bucket that i carry to my mixing rez. I put 1" nozzles on the spouts to increase pressure and spin. It definitely could be done with 1.5" pvc but i already had alot of 2" stuff from my hydro system. I also added the rubber tees on my final design so it can be taken apart for cleaning. All in cost me about $200 but thats mostly because i went overkill on an air pump. I have to say im pretty impressed with this design. A 5 gallon bucket size brewer is really all most of at home growers need. Usually mix my 5 gallons of tea with 15-25 gallons of water and my organic plants love it! Works great to green up your lawn as well

Hey, its working great, I can take a picture of it vortexing next time I have it going if youd like.
The hose goes down 2/3rds of the way. You can play around with how far down it goes and use what works best for you.

Also, make sure you get a large pump, bigger the better. That is if you want it to vortex properly. The more dissolved oxygen the better right?

The carboy I'm using is actually the same size as a 5 gallon bucket, & the reason for using it is so that the induction-like bottom allows it to spin easier & I would think less dead spots for sediment to build up.

Also with only 1 pipe feeding the jug, it is very easy to clean.

Hope this helps.

much appreciated! Im gonna build one here soon...

V

Vondank420

I built one with a 5 gal water bottle. About 100 bucks for all parts.
The work great

Latest posts

Top Bottom