Magic Butter Cooker And Whole Buds?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I have been grinding my Buds but this Cooker says to leave them whole to keep pieces out of my Butter.

So??

Must be doing something right my Son took a treat. Nothing, hour later was major feeling it and for hours more. LOL

old1

lokeysmokey

lokeysmokey

It does say not to grind the buds but then it goes and chops them all up anyway.

Whichever way you do it, it certainly works.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I have been grinding my Buds but this Cooker says to leave them whole to keep pieces out of my Butter.

So??

Magical Butter Machine chops it finer than a grinder does in the end. If you have good weed there is no need to grind first.

Does a nice job for sure :-).

Eskander

Eskander

In cooking with a lot of herbs, if you crush them you end up releasing different flavors then you get if you slice them. Cutting up fresh basil with a sharp knife = good. Crushing fresh basil = foul brown goop. As long as the bud isn't bone dry, it makes some sense to limit damage by cutting rather than grinding. MBM would fall on the side of crushing. If you are using something other than that it might be worth a try just slicing the bud up with a sharp knife to see if there was a noticeable difference. As Like2Grow says though, cutting it up or grinding might not really be needed at all provided you can immerse all the bud and are giving it a long enough run.

-Eskander

lokeysmokey

lokeysmokey

My other botanical extractors don't chop the weed up at all. They are much smaller though.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

In cooking with a lot of herbs, if you crush them you end up releasing different flavors then you get if you slice them. Cutting up fresh basil with a sharp knife = good. Crushing fresh basil = foul brown goop. As long as the bud isn't bone dry, it makes some sense to limit damage by cutting rather than grinding. MBM would fall on the side of crushing. If you are using something other than that it might be worth a try just slicing the bud up with a sharp knife to see if there was a noticeable difference. As Like2Grow says though, cutting it up or grinding might not really be needed at all provided you can immerse all the bud and are giving it a long enough run.

-Eskander

The blade on the Magical Butter Machine I have is a nasty little slicer probably about an inch long. Speed is blender like when in use. Even with the one hour setting oil has no big pieces left at the end of an hour which only uses the chopper a small part of the hour.

DSC00615

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Grinding before hand will net you less total cannabinoids and terpenes in the output, but it works fine.

Chopping them up in the mixture allows for all the contents of the trichomes to be caught in the machine, rather than on your grinder, the air, etc. But the difference is probably insignificant for your purposes.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

So??

Must be doing something right my Son took a treat. Nothing, hour later was major feeling it and for hours more. LOL

old1
Yeah we use a Ardent to infuse and we have a oil press that strain's it and extracts every drop of oil but there is klno need to choo up the bud if you decarb it right

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Yeah we use a Ardent to infuse and we have a oil press that strain's it and extracts every drop of oil but there is klno need to choo up the bud if you decarb it right
Strain your oil with cheese cloth

Latest posts

Top Bottom