Magnet to reduce power bill

• Thread starter ScuzyRoach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Has anyone ever heard of placing a strong magnet on the outside of your main power meter. If you place it on the side of the plactic cover that is opposite the way the wheel spins it will slow it down considerably. I tried it the other day and it definately slows it down. My concern is whether it will damage the internal gears of the meter. I know when the meter reader comes so i would plan on removing the magnet during daylight and the week prior to when they come. Any other concerns or experience welcome.

X

Xceptional

that's a really cool concept! how strong of magnets are you talking about?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
It works, i have a friend doing that for years without a problem. Only works for old school power meter with the weel to my knowledge.

R

Rysam

great! so now you get to go to jail for stealing power and growing weed!!! Thanks, but i'll just pay my bill and stay low key.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I used to have a partner when I first started growing.
He was constantly trying to get me to do that and or a few other trick's we know.
But I run a 100% legal garden. And if I ever end up in court I can stand by the fact that I am legal and not breaking any cali laws.
But If I was stealing power then that is a good way for the judge to start veiwing you as a criminal.
And then look into what the power company does if they catch you.
They back charge you and since there is no way to prove what you actually took.
The just go for the max posible amount. I have heard of them going after grower's for more then a million in lost power fees.

Just some thought's that stopped me. And I pay 20,000 a year in electric.
More now that I am going larger soon.

E

edux10

very bad ider!!! even if you are growing legally if a LEO pops you not only will it make the scene look bad but they will more than likely try to stop you from growing by putting you in jail. dont steal power. if you cant afford it, dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yeahthat^^^^^^

thats considered stealing..and breaks the grow rule..and here a couple years back they changed the meeters out to digital with gps..fukers..technolgy takeing jobs again..just pay your bill man..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

D

Doomsterx

agree pay that shit the whole karma aspect of you and your plants will be better. it really is a cool idea though but keep it medi and staying legal is the way to go really go when growing your meds.

F

Foxfarmfreak

Yeah, These NEW Smart Meters are a fucking joke, they installed ours in November, before they did, our bill was $250.00 a month, then we didn't get a bill for 3 months and when it came in the mail, it was $1550.00, Thats over $500 a month and nothing changed in our household, no new lights, nothing, but now the bill even shows what hours used the power, it's another fucking way for the MAN to fuck us all in the ass....PG&E are CROOKS!!! If I could steal from them without getting caught I would....but it's not worth it, plus I think they can charge you with a felony....just another way for them to keep us down...
Peace FFF:harvest:

J

Janus

Pay for what you use. Otherwise you're a thief and prob should be on a different board. How about freeloader.com?

Z

zagsthebutch

all i gotta say whatever u do is PG&E are some crooks the prior people that lived in this house tapped the fucken meter and a year after i moved in i get this letter in the mail about in investagation stealing power and shit it was durning my first run so i was freaking out too well these bastards slapped 500$ for the investegation n to fix the meter and another 1200$ in back charges and bossman is right they do charge the highest they can the house had been vacant for 1 year b4 I moved in but the power had been all signed up and going thats what im getting a total bill off 1700 for power that wasnt being used in a vacant house FUCK THAT oh and ive been leaving message to those fuck faces for months now they never can respond and have no records of checking the meter after the prior residence left the house

B

Blueidpirate

I know most of my area and surrounding area's all have been converted over to SMART meters.
It was kinda weird one day last year when I was driving home, I drove by a normal looking car but it had a PG&E street cone in front and back of the car by the street side. I drove up a little further and could see a meter reader walking from house to house. It then dawn on me, WOW they still have people walking from house to house. Could only imagine how many houses they have to cover in a day. Damn that would get old fast. So I ended the thought as I was pulling up in the drive way. When I got out and got my mail out of the box, their was a letter to me from PG&E stating a shut down (like 10mins) to install a new smart meter on my existing panel within the next week... Craziness :)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I would agree. F the man, but don't F with the man. I had a friend who jumped past his meter. When they caught up with him, they wanted to inspect every outlet in the whole house. He had to tear down in a hurry, and ended up paying a butt load in charges and fees.

So, with these new digital meters, does that mean that they read them remotely, instead of checking in on them by eye?

Thanks for the help. Be safe out there.:cool0044:

R

Rob1

today in new jersey they busted a bunch of grow houses all of them were stealing the electric and thats how they got them. they said they converted million dollars homes into grow houses and stole the power lol. it was just over 100lbs they said it was valued at 10 million lmfao

A

astonyx

very bad ider!!! even if you are growing legally if a LEO pops you not only will it make the scene look bad but they will more than likely try to stop you from growing by putting you in jail. dont steal power. if you cant afford it, dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Its actually called bargaining with the electric company.
nah haha
Like a cop told me once, everything is legal till you get caught, so think twice and if you decide to go through with it, plan well.

although its just another route to lead to your garden so beware. its like leading the crumbs to whoever ate my last cookie out of the jar.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I agree w/ all of you about PG&E being crooks. I had a meter go bad a few yrs. back when i had nothing going. They went back the yr. prior when i was growing and paying and used all those figures to back bill me. So in a way they owe me money. Of course you either pay them or they shut your shit down. Fucking mob shit, what do i do put in solar everywhere i move? a windmill? They know they go ya by the balls and thats that. They are fucking pricks on the phone ect ect. and thats if you can wait around to talk w/ someone.
I agree that it is bad karma and I was just putting the idea out there. I checked and it worked but i didn't leave it hooked up. Its not about getting away w/ it either. They have to tell me when they come to check the meter cause my dogs will tear the shit out of em. None the less I do pay for what I use. You just got to figure it as part your overhead. Pay your bill on time and no people get involved.
About the smart meters. do they read what time power is used? If so then your bill should be cheaper if you run things at night. they wanted to charge me to put one on when my old one went bad but the landlord said no.

M

mrdizzle

massive investigation going on right now about the PG&E smartmeters causing bills to triple. Looks like a little recall might be going on soon.

they say on their website that they will offer discounts for off-peak hours usage which they can tell what time you use your power with smartreader. but its not for a couple months

I

Inuit

today in new jersey they busted a bunch of grow houses all of them were stealing the electric and thats how they got them. they said they converted million dollars homes into grow houses and stole the power lol. it was just over 100lbs they said it was valued at 10 million lmfao

This isn't quite right.

One of the guys was burning stems/leaves in his fireplace, and a cop on patrol smelled massive herbage, saw the smoke from the chimney, called for backup, and went-a-knocking.

Be safe

A

M

MASSES 420KING

go get solar powered lights or go off grid with a generator a bigen dont steal it brings bad karma down upon you and your garden

Latest posts

Top Bottom