Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
The 6", right? Man, thats a bummer, they claimed it was air tight.

How much leak is there? I was thinking of picking one of these up but want a pretty much airtight seal to keep co2/smells from being pulled out throught the reflector.

sorry man, you must have got a bung hole one or something..Return it if you can.. I dont have that issue. Air Tight all the way for me..

GTD

S

sirshamus

So, been reading this big test on reflectors on another site. They saying the sun system super sun 2 reflector is the "shit". Want to order my stuff tonight, torn between that and the magnum xxxl. I will be running 1000w lumatek in my 4x4x8 tent. What you guys think?

Greyskull

Greyskull

the SII is super bringht, though it's footprint is more rectangular (suited better for more closet type room IMO) than square. That said, I used 2 of those for almost a year before I moved to the Cool Sun XL simply for the wider footprint to spread the light (1k) over each 4x4....

pretty much sticking to what I said earlier though in that you won;t fail with sun systems...

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah i've been rocking the 8" XXL for a while now, and i love them. I ended up getting those "hot spot diffusers" for my hoods, and they def look to be throwin out better light patterns now. Could just be me trying to rationalize the purchase though, haha.

S

sirshamus

Man, I should have already had the shit setup. These damn decisions are so hard, lol.

S

sirsmokealot

If you look at the corner of the hood were the metal bar clamps onto the hood to hold the glass in place there is a small hole. Its not a big deal. Also if you take your hand and put it right up near the glass seal you can feel air being drawn in. Instead of using the metal bar clamp things they should have made it like the Hydropharm Radiant style hoods that have a hinge on one side and screws on the other. But I tape my hydropharm hoods too, just to be sure they're air tight...I would still buy the XXXL's though, they are a great hood. I was thinking about trying one using a super spreader also to help balance out the light a little better...

G

Gymshoes

Big Hoodies...

:banana: Just bought a digital 1K system and this baby comes with a FOUR FOOT WIDE reflector!

Can't wait to set this sweet new system up.

D

down2earth

these are the best reflectors I swear. I have 5 brand new XXXL THE OCHO'S 8INCHERS for sale if ya need them. I bought extras and don't need them.

N

n0dn4rb

dude these things are freckin HUGE lol.....just picked on up from a hydro store for my setup and it damn near didn't fit in the back seat of my car lol...managed to get it in and there is no seeing out of my review mirror lol....

can't wait to get home and unbox this beast and light er up..

M

mellofello

Does anyone have any info on buying these in the UK? Boywonder if you are still about did you get the details for the UK distributor?

peace

mello

O

Oaksterman

dude these things are freckin HUGE lol.....just picked on up from a hydro store for my setup and it damn near didn't fit in the back seat of my car lol...managed to get it in and there is no seeing out of my review mirror lol....

LOL...have been looking at these cause a bro has an extra 1000 ballast and the old hoods he has are absolute junk. Yeah man...They're a beast...LOL. My first question was...how much does that damn thing weigh?

resinryder

resinryder

Been looking at em REAL hard myself. Love that big foot print.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter

LOL! what are ya, posting from your phone or laptop in the car???

S

sirshamus

Let us know how you like it, I went with the super sun2 hood.

Top Bottom