main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Looking nice Germinator ! ! ! Stout manifold you got going there.......if you are indoor - I would let it go maybe another 3 weeks and then flip ? You'd be rewarded handsomely......you already will be but to see 7 towers staring you down is very mind comforting.....

May I ask if you've found your ML'ed plants to grow quite evenly ?

One other thing Germinator - if your plants are the type to grow long lower branches and then goes slim towards the top (rather than a bat or solid main stem) you will find that 7 topper of yours will start to look like a Christmas Tree farm - literally.....I say that because my ML'ed plants that have extreme lower r branching kept that trait for EACH stem (why wouldnt it right ?) and getting a picture of it is hard because its hard to capture each main stem and its corresponding lower branches with out the image looking like a clusterfuck

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Looking nice Germinator ! ! ! Stout manifold you got going there.......if you are indoor - I would let it go maybe another 3 weeks and then flip ? You'd be rewarded handsomely......you already will be but to see 7 towers staring you down is very mind comforting.....

One other thing Germinator - if your plants are the type to grow long lower branches and then goes slim towards the top (rather than a bat or solid main stem) you will find that 7 topper of yours will start to look like a Christmas Tree farm - literally.....I say that because my ML'ed plants that have extreme lower r branching kept that trait for EACH stem (why wouldnt it right ?) and getting a picture of it is hard because its hard to capture each main stem and its corresponding lower branches with out the image looking like a clusterfuck

In looking at the pictures, I'm not sure if he topped or fimmed. There seems to be 3 mains coming from the junction on both sides. I've heard that fimming is supposed to give you 4 tops instead of 2. In probably 50 attempts or so, I have never gotten it to produce more than 3. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have yet to get 4 tops out of a fim.

The reason I bring it up is because if you top the first point, lst yourself some space in there (you now have two tops) then topped again, lst, you now have 4 equal tops. It would be lovely to fim those 4 tops, & get 16. It takes less time, & training that last set would be easy, if, I could get it to produce 4. I put wires putting outward pressure on the growing tips, pushing it outwards as opposed to pulling it with string. Just put the wire in a " + " formation. So each growing tip is pushing the one across from it, outwards. Like this \---/ It's my favorite way to train, very easy. But it only works well if you have 2 or 4 tops to work with. If you get 3, you have to go back to string etc. The wire method is much quicker & easier. I just have a box of them cut to different lengths.

Also, instead of tying a branch down, I'll just hang one of those off the growing tip. Pick one from the box that's the right weight, & voila. But I can't get fimming right.

Am I the only one with this problem? Am I supposed to get 4 tops from it? If so, what am I consistently doing wrong?

I don't have the pictures anymore, but I've done pure mainlining, exactly how @clockworx explained & the plant grows almost completely evenly. I've not tested in hydro, but I don't foresee any difference.

One other thing Germinator - if your plants are the type to grow long lower branches and then goes slim towards the top (rather than a bat or solid main stem) you will find that 7 topper of yours will start to look like a Christmas Tree farm - literally.....I say that because my ML'ed plants that have extreme lower r branching kept that trait for EACH stem

I've read this several times over, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. I'm sure it's me...but I'm curious what you mean?

germinator

germinator

@ByrneBurnham
Those shots were from the 24th of last month, I shaved her legs again today she goes into flower this Friday ........
Indeed two of my colas are slow growers and are inch short....and yes if I let her leg hair go its is a cluster.....
I think my stalks are as good as I can get em....this is a painstaking slow process the bending ,plucking ,recovering is hard on the plant I believe.
So it's time she goes and does her thing now. Let's face it I could go on with her forever.

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Wow - my apologies Germinator, and that goes out to anyone on the entire site that may have been confused from my post....

What I meant to say is, I am surprised that the ES strain (known for its extreme lower nodal branching) that I have mainlined into 4 - 6 individual stalks, have kept that trait of growing long lower nodal shoots even AFTER removing what I thought were those lower nodal shoots....the plant basically has decided to make the lowest nodal shoots on each meristem to be the "new" shoot to grow out long....man-I am hoping that's a bit more clear.......

This is all very different from some of the KC Brains strains I have going from last season and even a TH Seeds strain I have running....since removing those lower nodal shoots that are known to grow long - it hasn't compensated for that by stretching the new lower shoots....it has taken on a main solid cola growth pattern....

germinator

germinator

Wow - my apologies Germinator, and that goes out to anyone on the entire site that may have been confused from my post....

What I meant to say is, I am surprised that the ES strain (known for its extreme lower nodal branching) that I have mainlined into 4 - 6 individual stalks, have kept that trait of growing long lower nodal shoots even AFTER removing what I thought were those lower nodal shoots....the plant basically has decided to make the lowest nodal shoots on each meristem to be the "new" shoot to grow out long....man-I am hoping that's a bit more clear.......

This is all very different from some of the KC Brains strains I have going from last season and even a TH Seeds strain I have running....since removing those lower nodal shoots that are known to grow long - it hasn't compensated for that by stretching the new lower shoots....it has taken on a main solid cola growth pattern....
No worries .....this clone was just a perfect set up to create the mani...yup mine have elongated re growth too...I'm just guessing how low down the stem to pluck.
I'll keep ya posted as we go. Again couldn't of got here without you all. Stay tuned

Junk

Junk

I understand now. I basically said the same thing a few posts up...that I will mainline it, but when it comes to the final pruning before flower, I won't just keep the "mains." I'll keep any vigorous growth.

THAT will keep your colas from being equal...if that is what you were asking before. Keeping other growth besides the pruned mains you have created will alter their symmetry, but if it's going to yield a good flower, I'll keep the growth.

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

20150907 072215
20150907 072102
I cosign on all the above....my trying to say what you two (Junk and G'nator) stated so eloquently failed miserably.

I am so glad to see things moving along as they've been in perma- veg since a while ago.....

germinator

germinator

Looks really good

I just topped mine about 1 week ago. Should I start to tie her down?
Tyvm...nice tent there.
get em real healthy cuz I think ultimately it's a workout for your plants. Then get em in bondage, I always refer to the pics in the beginning of this thread by @clockworx
Cuz you gotta defoliate in like a pattern around your new bondaged cola sites.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

gotcha

ive lst'd about 4 yrs ago, then said f it and just lollipopped and staked them up since then.

2x600w w/12 5 gal pots and 3 3.7g pots under the t8

germinator

germinator

So you know I did this for shits n grins, it seemed to take forever in veg. It was fun and all but only presented with the same perfect looking clone specimen would I try it again.
You sure you wanna do all your girls dirty like this?
Just food for thought.

Reactions: Ina
DrFever

DrFever

after getting taken down by drugs crime unit i deleted literally all evidence on pc this summer being freaked the fuck out

C

coolwata34

First off, huge props to everyone involved in this thread. What a great learning piece here.
I see that yield isn't the primary objective, as is getting consistent, dense, top shelf colas. As I'm always looking at ways to better my medicine yields, I do want/need to know about yields with MLing. Right now I run a 8-10 week flower cycle and am usually vegging the same amount of time using LST. In a perfect world I'd love to be able to d0 16 MLed colas at a Oz each, possible? Each plant would be under 1000k watt hps.

Top Bottom