Maintaining hydro nute solution

• Thread starter m3mikec
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m3mikec

In the FAQ it is suggested that when topping off your res we should add 1/2 strength nute solution every other day for the reasons stated in the article.

1.) Is this a sound practice that you guys agree with and

2.) during the 10 days res cycle won't the tds increase to a high level adding the 1/2 nute solution 4 times?

The article was posted by growfaq on 02-21-2008

Cheers

jammie

jammie

i do 5 gal individual dwc buckets. some strains can handle full strength add backs and some will show burn, so you adjust accordingly. i don't think i've ever gone over 1300ppms and usually keep my buckets around 800ppm during max flowering

J

Jalisco Kid

You need to see how much your girls eat to know what to add to your passive. I run mine about 2/3's of my normal mix. My passive mix is a bit different then the active as I have seen some nutes gets used more. I change out my rez once I have added 100% back. Suerte JK

M

m3mikec

Thanks for the advise JK. I guess determining how much the girls eat is also a science and takes some knowledge and practice? If you get back to this what is your method in this regards? Is the following link FAQ a good method?

J

Jalisco Kid

That is a good start,that and reading the texture of your leaves,their color,the plants growth rate. JK

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

m3 if you want to know how much the plants ate than dont add back anything. Say you start with a fresh 100 gal rez set at 1000 ppm on a Sunday. The following Sun add back plain water to bring the rez back up to 100 gal than take ppm reading. Maybe the ppm will be 850 now you know that they used 150 ppm that week.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

You can than add back some nutes to bring the ppm back up to 1000. I`ve used this method with GH flora following the Lucas Method. It works great but recently had problems with OG`s. I want to return to that method but I need some help nywith the formula for OG`s. Any ideas JK, You always have very informative threads or replys. Thanks

M

m3mikec

That is a good start,that and reading the texture of your leaves,their color,the plants growth rate. JK

Thanks for the response JK, makes perfect sense.

tortuga1503 - I've read that certain nutrients may be used up by the plant quickly and then will be lacking them till the next top off. I do understand the ppm's used(math wise) during the 1 week period. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom