Make Or Female?

• Thread starter Redorchid83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcubed

Rcubed

You could probably hang 1 315 watt cmh fixture for the amount of watts you're pulling from those cfl bulbs and kick ass in that room. You wouldn't have that stretchy sparse growth.

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

It’s a fairly large room, 5’x10’ approximately. I’m currently running seven 120w CFLs. When switching to the 315w cmh fixtures How many would I need? One good spot? Or fill the room in a couple areas?

R

Roscoe14

Those pollen sacs are nothing to mess with. Check hourly and make sure one didn' burst. We can' see the rest of the pla t. If you even think one has opened pull all your plants and wash everything down. Pollen can stick easily to anything and we'll reak.havovic on your crops. Little goes a long ways. Peace, Roscoe

Rcubed

Rcubed

It’s a fairly large room, 5’x10’ approximately. I’m currently running seven 120w CFLs. When switching to the 315w cmh fixtures How many would I need? One good spot? Or fill the room in a couple areas?
For the plants you have now 1 315 would blow away those cfls. If you wanted to grow more plants you could add a couple more and come close to filling that room. I currently have just 2 in an 8x4 and it does a good job. I have another that I keep outside the tent to grow mothers and reveg.
IMG 20180330 164650 1

IMG 20180330 165428

R

Roscoe14

You could probably hang 1 315 watt cmh fixture for the amount of watts you're pulling from those cfl bulbs and kick ass in that room. You wouldn't have that stretchy sparse growth.
With let's & cob lights you can' go by a watt per gram. You need to have minimum 35 plus par reading per square-foot.

Rcubed

Rcubed

With let's & cob lights you can' go by a watt per gram. You need to have minimum 35 plus par reading per square-foot.
Yeah COB LED lighting is good too. I just know CMH is more affordable and a real good light for a beginner. I got my fixtures with internal ballasts for about $150 each and the bulbs for about $90. Running those two and a good blower barely makes a dent in my power bill and runs way cooler than the MH and HPS lights I used to run.

R

Roscoe14

Yeah COB LED lighting is good too. I just know CMH is more affordable and a real good light for a beginner. I got my fixtures with internal ballasts for about $150 each and the bulbs for about $90. Running those two and a good blower barely makes a dent in my power bill and runs way cooler than the MH and HPS lights I used to run.

R

Roscoe14

I don't run a COBight but I think that's gonna be my next light. I run hps in the winter and let's in summer. I grow in a 8×10.wood shop with a.c. I added this year. The heat was getting out of control. This is only my 2nd year indoors . The last 30 plus have been outdoors. It's said different animal for sure! I do both.now. I'll never give
@Roscoe14 are you okay?
You need to have minimum 35 plus par reading per square-foot......

what is a 35 plus par reading?
Photosynthetically active radiation that measures the light waves from 400 to 700 nm. The photons that hit your plant every second.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I know what par is your 35 plus par reading measurement is let me put it nicely (a completely made up number) are you talking WATTS per square foot? you are confusing me lol

scubascrog

scubascrog

because in ppfd you need numbers over somethign like 900, my led pushes 1300 ppfd in the center.

R

Roscoe14

I don't run a COBight but I think that's gonna be my next light. I run hps in the winter and let's in summer. I grow in a 8×10.wood shop with a.c. I added this year. The heat was getting out of control. This is only my 2nd year indoors . The last 30 plus have been outdoors. It's said different animal for sure! I do both.now. I'll never give

Photosynthetically active radiation that measures the light waves from 400 to 700 nm. The photons that hit your plant every second.
Basically the blue through red spectrum that is used by your plant during it's life cycle. I b
I know what par is your 35 plus par reading measurement is let me put it nicely (a completely made up number) are you talking WATTS per square foot? you are confusing me lol
Not watts , usable light that it measures your full range of light from your lights source per second. It's confusing as hell. I've had it explained to me several times and it's another way of measuring usable light per square-foot. Google it and you can go deep down the rabbits hole
@Roscoe14 are you okay?
You need to have minimum 35 plus par reading per square-foot......

what is a 35 plus par reading?
THC
farmer has a great article on it explains it quite well. If I can figure how to post a pic on a thread I'll throw it up. I was wrong, according to this forum it's 45! Help me out here bro,Roscoe

R

Roscoe14

Basically the blue through red spectrum that is used by your plant during it's life cycle. I b

Not watts , usable light that it measures your full range of light from your lights source per second. It's confusing as hell. I've had it explained to me several times and it's another way of measuring usable light per square-foot. Google it and you can go deep down the rabbits hole

THC
farmer has a great article on it explains it quite well. If I can figure how to post a pic on a thread I'll throw it up. I was wrong, according to this forum it's 45! Help me out here bro,Roscoe

Screenshot 20180610 170853
R

Roscoe14

Scubascrog, here is the article I found for reference. It is from this site but I don't know how to pull it up on hete. I was wrong with what I was told. 35 was the number I was told was the minimum but according to here it's 45. If you can figure the math out on how they get this your doing better than this 61 year old fart! Lol Peace, Roscoe

scubascrog

scubascrog

Scubascrog, here is the article I found for reference. It is from this site but I don't know how to pull it up on hete. I was wrong with what I was told. 35 was the number I was told was the minimum but according to here it's 45. If you can figure the math out on how they get this your doing better than this 61 year old fart! Lol Peace, Roscoe

35 par per foot ?!?!?! that is a completely bogus measurement. dont believe everything you read!

you mean watts per square foot. you are confusing the two. as for par or (light intensity) , you need around 500-700 umol meter/seconds squared for cannabis. this is achieved by using about 35-45 watts a square foot of COB lighting.

-hope this clears it up a bit.

R

Roscoe14

35 par per foot ?!?!?! that is a completely bogus measurement. dont believe everything you read!

you mean watts per square foot. you are confusing the two. as for par or (light intensity) , you need around 500-700 umol meter/seconds squared for cannabis. this is achieved by using about 35-45 watts a square foot of COB lighting.

-hope this clears it up a bit.
It is confusing as hell. My wife has a cousin who is a grower in Grassvalley ,Ca and he's up on all this shit. I've read everything I can get ahold of to try to see where he's coming from
Like I said, I'm 61 and have been growing outdoors for more than 30 years. I'm growing indoors as well the last 2 years and want to produce as good as bud indoors as I do outdoors. I may do things different than most people now days but that's all I've ever known. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a auto till last Year and all the damn strains! I've been growing Arkansas Skunk , Master Kush, & Northern Lights most of that time. Thanks brother ,Roscoe

scubascrog

scubascrog

no, its bogus as hell. he was pulling information off his own grow lights page.
Based on the spectral distribution of the inda-gro 420 lights I use I target hybrids with an average of 20 mole/day. You can think of umoles as the number of raindrops hitting a bucket every second. Moles is how many inches of water accumulate within the bucket.
You can learn alot from this paper but starting in the middle of page 16 you'll learn about umole and moles/day.

which isnt even on the internet anymore.
I can tell you NO ONE measures light in MOLES A DAY or MOLES PER FOOT like you are confusing light intensity measurements as. we are talking intensity per second not how much energy you put over your light in a day.

Unless you are actually dividing PPFD by 9 (there are 9 down directional flat sides of each square foot in a square meter) to get your number. which is kinda beyond the point because par is different in each square depending on distance from the light.

dude you dont know how ridiculous you sound right now. i don't doubt your experience but this is like teaching an old dog new tricks i think.

Top Bottom