Make Or Female?

• Thread starter Redorchid83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Roscoe14

no, its bogus as hell. he was pulling information off his own grow lights page.
Based on the spectral distribution of the inda-gro 420 lights I use I target hybrids with an average of 20 mole/day. You can think of umoles as the number of raindrops hitting a bucket every second. Moles is how many inches of water accumulate within the bucket.
You can learn alot from this paper but starting in the middle of page 16 you'll learn about umole and moles/day.

which isnt even on the internet anymore.
I can tell you NO ONE measures light in MOLES A DAY or MOLES PER FOOT like you are confusing light intensity measurements as. we are talking intensity per second not how much energy you put over your light in a day.

Unless you are actually dividing PPFD by 9 (there are 9 down directional flat sides of each square foot in a square meter) to get your number. which is kinda beyond the point because par is different in each square depending on distance from the light.

dude you dont know how ridiculous you sound right now. i don't doubt your experience but this is like teaching an old dog new tricks i think.
That's good stuff. You gotta call'em like you see them brother. Peace, Roscoe

scubascrog

scubascrog

Monsters post after that specified 3 different par levels at different heights prompted a response from someone that said " so 45 par per foot?" that was a question more than a statement of fact, at 3 different readings with no further specific information. "yeah something like that" i just blast em with as much *light* as i can and back em off when it seems like too much. is the "yes" you got to "its 45 par per foot" which isnt even a real measurement because PPFD is per meter squared and separating one foot of light out of a square meter isnt a pecise way of measuring light

scubascrog

scubascrog

unless my aspergers is leading me on a wild goose chase I got some good info out right just there

R

Roscoe14

Found a nice video from the university of. Purdue and a good video on moles per day was the biggest factors in their.studies on par values
I don't know how to screen shot a video but they did have a artcle. Just trying to learn all I can ro. Peace, Roscoe

Screenshot 20180610 211841
R

Roscoe14

35 par per foot ?!?!?! that is a completely bogus measurement. dont believe everything you read!

you mean watts per square foot. you are confusing the two. as for par or (light intensity) , you need around 500-700 umol meter/seconds squared for cannabis. this is achieved by using about 35-45 watts a square foot of COB lighting.

-hope this clears it up a bit.

lino

lino

I'd take the prior advice and I'll add a caveat for breeders.

The middle pic in the center appears to have a testicle (castrate and keep going, most likely inert anyway) in between 2 pair of vaginas. So I'd guess the chromosomes to be as stated above. The gay gene expression is approx rated at a 4 or a 5 for genetic designation if that is indeed a testicle in that pic. And I am not going into the Dom or Rec gay gene expression identification anymore.

Pluck the testicle and disect with a 50x - 100x scope to determine.

I'd give more details and lecture this topic further but the scientist that I recently contracted with to research this topic was banned as spam on his very first post so he has ask me to respect the companies proprietary authority regarding this intellectual property but this post should add some clarity to what is the Sex and what is the Gender of cannabis plants.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
If i were you i would top those plants down to the first or second node unscrew those cfls, put them in a flexible or a clamp fixtures and divide them 2 per plant, 1 per main cola (even 1 per plant could do fine but it will not be able to illuminate the whole plant) and keep at 10 inches and move from there. Don’t need to hang them directly above the plant but instead do like a 20 degrees angle or something with both) They will probably keel over if you flower them like this. Cfls need to be close not at 3’ even when they are 120watts.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I know your sort of new, but if you want premium buds you should step up your lighting when you get a chance

P

Pass2TheLeft

If it was me id not top them but pull them over and start training them id use mh 400w to 600w to veg them making sure i had air replacement 3 times per min keeping plants between 25 and 27 deg c during day and 15 to 16 deg c for night on a 18/6 cycle id replace buckets or drill holes in the bottom and sit them above a collection tray for each plant so you can measure the ec run off and aviod wick feeding your plants i think its important to be able to measure your run off so you can control salt build ups in the medium and ensure your plants dont get over fed etc

Top Bottom