Making oil from kief

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I know some guys that make a lot of oil. They told me that the first make hash, either bubble or keif, and then use BHO to extract the oil.

Has anyone done this, heard of it, or thinks there's a reason to do it that way? The only think I can think of is that you could get more oil out of can of butane that way. I also think you may leave more trichomes behind but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

M

mrdizzle

I did it, you can use 1/20th the butane.

buy a tumbler and tumble the shit out of the herb

D

Default 501x

yeah, kief gives you like a 50% yield at least, but you have to put nugs in the tube with it or else the butane/kief solution will clog the extractor and youll end up with a blowout. you could definitely do this, however butane acts as a solvant for many active cannibinoids within the flowers, including the things that give the flowers the smell and taste they have, and if you tumble or otherwise concentrate the flowers using a colwater or press method you lose those valuable terpenes that give the oil its smell, color and taste.

TL;DR kief oil is dank as fuck and super strong, but doesn't keep the smell/taste/crazy consistency that nug oil will give you.

B

blueburnsorange

We extract oil from kif by boiling it in 190 proof for about 30 minutes.

I've never had more than 7g of kief in my possession at once so I could never try this but I'd love to see video/photos of the process if you have the opportunity!

true grit

true grit

Yeah last year we made the mistake of trying to do a "little" trim and about 2oz of kief...MASSIVE blow out. That incident stepped up our safety gear requirement to say the least!

Graywolf

Graywolf

I've never had more than 7g of kief in my possession at once so I could never try this but I'd love to see video/photos of the process if you have the opportunity!

Solly, no videos, but imagine putting the alcohol and kif in a container and setting that container in a hot oil bath. After 30 minutes of boiling, imagine filtering the alcohol and evaporating it off.

S

steelyeyes

I dry ice extracted an ounce and a half of kief from 150 grams of what I considered good quality trim and some mediocre bud in about 20 minutes. I couldn't use near that much and the dispensary isn't interested in kief because their patients don't use it. They do love the oil though so it's worth my time to extract the value out of my plants that way.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i have made oil from trim, and oil from kif made from trim. also from bud, and from primo bud hash as well. i dont think its worth it to turn it into kif. the flavor degrades. its only worth it if you have a large amount of trim with a small amount of kif on it, then you could condense it down a lot. nice sugary leaf trim or buds will give the best flavor run whole though.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Making oil from kief works slick, when there are aren't any non polar solvents around for extraction.

B

blueburnsorange

OP asked about bubble hash too - I've done this with not-so-great bubble and it produced kickass shadder, very dark and tasted like Christmas! I didn't mix it with anything, I just dried the fuck out of it and then ground it up as fine as possible.

420bliss

420bliss

people buy our tumblers all the time to make oil out of kief or bake with it

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Ive tryed it.......bubble and dry ice keif..........dry ice made oil and the bubble made glass. Im hooked..this glass is soo powerful and tasty!
LO FUCKING L AT UR SIG...JUST NOTICED IT..
FLAUTA O LOMO? (im sure the ref will fly over may heads...wait..am i making it up in my head? or is it an actual pablito ref?)lol
LOL

NICE AVATAR TOO..LOL

man just realized how many lols are in this reply..im a laughin fool!! apparently

Latest posts

Top Bottom