Making OJ and Toast with a Rosin Press!?

• Thread starter JohnnyApp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Now before we get into the culinary aspect of making oj and toast with a rosin press, let me just say that I think the world should live in peace and the government need not regulate how many gph our shower heads 🚿 produce.

What’s truly important is what the kardashians and friends ate for lunch and why will smith smacked Chris rock.

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Shout out to everyone who made bacon and eggs, tossed on a good film like Tremers and 🔥 ed it up haha

8FCB62B8 DAFA 46F0 88EE F618BCF08F2D
C568A614 13C1 45DF ACA8 F2F629010D16
Moshmen

Moshmen

Eggs and bacon it is, the next episode airs this Friday

Eggs and bacon it is, 9pm eastern time.

Ever make any live rosin with your press?
I suppose - define live rosin ? I’ve tried almost evermethod and have my own preference , which is pressing properly dried and cured bud at low temps , sometimes even let the rosin dry another 24 hrs after pressing. Hate the stupid bags - I don’t mind a little plant matter so I clean the weed rig more often, but it’s a more well rounded buzz imo.

37863131 BFF6 42F3 8280 82A8601BFF56
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

I suppose - define live rosin ? I’ve tried almost evermethod and have my own preference , which is pressing properly dried and cured bud at low temps , sometimes even let the rosin dry another 24 hrs after pressing. Hate the stupid bags - I don’t mind a little plant matter so I clean the weed rig more often, but it’s a more well rounded buzz imo.
Thats the only way I’ve ever tried, dry cured bud or sugar leaves. And yea the bags are a pain.. I can see why so many people blast, guy I know runs 30lbs of trim per run in 2 15lb columns. Butane extraction, white diamonds up the ace. Not my forte, but it takes 8-10 hours to run 30lbs, tough to beat..

For live rosin he said essentially, your harvesting a week early, nocking off fan leaves/destalking, freeze buds immediately, run into bubble, freeze dry the bubble hash and press. From there he explained a further step to make rosin carts but I forgot exactly how it went. Seemed like a low heat was added and the LR was liquified

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thats the only way I’ve ever tried, dry cured bud or sugar leaves. And yea the bags are a pain.. I can see why so many people blast, guy I know runs 30lbs of trim per run in 2 15lb columns. Butane extraction, white diamonds up the ace. Not my forte, but it takes 8-10 hours to run 30lbs, tough to beat..

For live rosin he said essentially, your harvesting a week early, nocking off fan leaves/destalking, freeze buds immediately, run into bubble, freeze dry the bubble hash and press. From there he explained a further step to make rosin carts but I forgot exactly how it went. Seemed like a low heat was added and the LR was liquified
Blasting isn’t the same buzz imo and yeah freezing and all that is too much work for me! Lol pull from the jar and make some dabs ! That’s how we do

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Blasting isn’t the same buzz imo and yeah freezing and all that is too much work for me! Lol pull from the jar and make some dabs ! That’s how we do
Definitely some work, but on the positive side it gets ya out of the trimming!. I George castanza trimming, dayyys of your life, just trimming, it’s like Groundhog Day 😂

3F2152BF E561 44A2 8783 0E37D9133E50
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Low and slow guys. 190 degrees on the press and crank up the pressure really hard but do it SLOW. I have a hand crank so I can slowly keep cranking the pressure until I am literally almost lifting my legs off the ground when Im leaning on the bar. 12 ton press massive squeeze pressure. Sometimes it will take me 10 min to finish a single bag but I squeeze out every drop from the flower. Also helps prevent blowouts when you go slow...

59381609646  8479F542 5711 4EDC 8740 4849A6CFF9FB

IMG 2580

steamroller

steamroller

I'm in for grilled cheese !
Can't wait to press my first rosin !
I have a healthy amount of nice buds and a fresh harvest coming up . 💪
Trying out all sorts of extractions with solvents also .

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Just another tip for squashing... The grade of the flower is really important I can tell just by looking at the flower weather its gonna squash good or not. Lower grade flower especially if its leafy will produce darker brown and green tones in your finished product. Thats from the darker chlorophyll in the leaves. You want to select your best flowers the ones from the top of you canopy. Then trim them really tight so its all bud and no leaf. Thats how you get the lighter amber or gold colors. Thats the fire you want. You can still smoke the darker stuff its fine just doesn't taste as good and its less potent.

steamroller

steamroller

I have hash plant ,among a couple other good choices and plenty of it from first grow .
It's like a dream to have A+ weed and get to play with it . 🥴
I made oil back in the 90's.
Just did it again for first time yesterday and this a.m. 🥴🥴😁
Having the product is what makes learning possible .

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Good deal, it’s fun. best all around quality/yield settings I’ve found for flower/sugar leaf were

115 micron bag
Plates @ 220 degrees
Press 2-2.5 minutes
120-125 psi

different settings for hash/kief

That will get you a light whitish gold off nugs. Break up the starting material and freeze it in the bags overnight, then press. You won’t be disappointed.
Also a good idea to put a couple plates or something in the freezer to set on the rosin when it comes off, to cool it more quickly. I just use the pre press plates

Top Bottom