• Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Making the best outta the wound in my scrog
Making the best outta the wound in my scrog 2
Making the best outta the wound in my scrog 3
Making the best outta the wound in my scrog 4
Making the best outta the wound in my scrog 5

.Hehe ya so this is my 2nd grow both done with SCROG first successful 2nd going well except for losing 1 that showed nanners(found a light leak that was likely the culprit) I don't think I got any pollenation it was only removed yesterday... However I'm left with this giant gaping wound in my SCROG I'd like to make the best of out as there are a decent amount of buddy's not reaching good light.. now being as it's my 2nd grow I'm not completely familiar with how these ladies act specifically how much bud weight will snap these branches... Would it be a bad idea to say maybe cut my SCROG and try to yo-yo these bad boys ... The scrog is weaved from 2 piece of string so it's all or none no removing a piece of screen ..

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0841
IMG 0842
IMG 0843
No body?? Would I be ok to say chop down the bottom screen if I get everyone secure in the top green netting?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Subbed

I did my 1st screen this run. So any and all I found helps me out.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Sorry? Were u saying u were interested in info as well?...

I think I'm gunna go for it they are day 32 I need them to get as much time under light as possible (especially the ones getting little to none) now that I have an empty space where I lost a girl to nanners I want to shift and make the most of it and sooner the better...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've seen many many grows that run screens and pull HUGE yields. I'm betting the screen will do fine to hold.up.colas. if not, I'm fn screwed. My 5 main strains need support for sure. My 2.screens better be up for the job.

Trentski420

Trentski420

lol ya this is my 2nd grow EVER first one done using SCROG and I love it they say it doesn't increase yields but I feel if your restricted too a small space like me (closet) than I say they are dead wrong... but who am I too say having never grown without haha

My first didn't need a 2nd screen and I thought this grow would go same but the experience paid off and the much healthier girls just bursted above that first screen ... needless to say I was not prepared and I've now realized SCROG goes much better growing your plants INTO screen definetely do not try to drop a screen on giant mature beasts like I had one friend try

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I was a stake grower for the past 4 yrs. Gave a net a go this run. Slooooooo much easier hanging a net, vs 5qhrs staking 15 plants.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I was a stake grower for the past 4 yrs. Gave a net a go this run. Slooooooo much easier hanging a net, vs 5qhrs staking 15 plants.

You ever tried training your plants to support themselves?

You like learning new things I've noticed. I bet you could get it down and remove all the extra netting and staking.

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0844
The fact that these girls were vegged for 8-9weeks will it support itself and it's buds slightly more than the average person would lead me to believe having not known this? And I know I should prob cover those roots with perlite or something I just did leave enough room and water spills out easy

Trentski420

Trentski420

You ever tried training your plants to support themselves?

You like learning new things I've noticed. I bet you could get it down and remove all the extra netting and staking.
if this mother was flowered would that basically be result of this training? (Which I did to lower it from the light) I'm assuming training to too be more symmetrical would help with that as well?

IMG 0845
IMG 0846
Trentski420

Trentski420

Sorry guys I just didn't wanna post new thread if I didn't have too I sexed these girls to find they were female are these tiny nuggets at risk of attracting mold in my veggery 60-70% RH?

IMG 0847
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
if this mother was flowered would that basically be result of this training? (Which I did to lower it from the light) I'm assuming training to too be more symmetrical would help with that as well?

You'll have to look into traing a little bit. And see how things help to strengthen them up.

For example tying my plants down.
They fought back by growing thick trunk & branches to resist the forces.
Downloadfile 4

Also the longer veg time the more roots you grow. The bigger your trunk and branches get over time.

So part of training is shaping your plant. But the other piece is stalling it long enough to have adequate veg time before needed to flip from lack of height.

This extra veg time hardens and thickens up trunks, branches etc.
Downloadfile 5

That is a 10 gallon pot "16 wide.
Veg time was 58 days.

Your gal there may already exhibit that toughness lower on the plant and middle prob. Hard to tell in that light.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Nice ya that mother was tied down for 2-3 weeks until I noticed it was completely slack and she was doing that lean on her own

Trentski420

Trentski420

Hey so I'm shifting a few pots around now that I have that empty space (and I fit too many plants in small space to begin with) trying to find the perfect position to reduce all popcorn my question is when is too late too late in regards to popcorn I believe I'm dau 32 I plan to go maybe a week late max but anyways I discovered these and wondering if they can still produce with full light or if they should be plucked as they are just sucking energy
IMG 0849
IMG 0848
I guess Ill have to get better pics in the AM

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey so I'm shifting a few pots around now that I have that empty space (and I fit too many plants in small space to begin with) trying to find the perfect position to reduce all popcorn my question is when is too late too late in regards to popcorn I believe I'm dau 32 I plan to go maybe a week late max but anyways I discovered these and wondering if they can still produce with full light or if they should be plucked as they are just sucking energyView attachment 671552View attachment 671553I guess Ill have to get better pics in the AM

If they have light on em leave em. They fill out slower them the rest and a little smaller but still nice.

H

heisen

im not seeing many branches stretched over to the limits.I dont really see much scrog.Mostly a plant growing thru a net.You could remove the net completely and i dont think it will make a difference.they will still turn out fine.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya your right I have both nets completely removed going to get them into best position and run them thru the green net again so they had support when they get heavier

Trentski420

Trentski420

And yes you are right my plants health was so much greater than my first grow that I was not prepared for the flourish and stretch I actually unweaved a lot of the mistakes I had made lol... Live and learn too be honest I think it was just 8 plants in a space only big enough for 6 max

H

heisen

yeah alot of guys mistake and think more plants is more weight but that is not the case.The plant mass has to match how much light is around it.I can grow a 4 lb plant under vertical and overhead lighting but using a net you want the plants to match how much screen is effectively covered by the light.The only thing more plants will do is get you there a little faster but you still dont want to much crowded in a small space.i have 6 plants under a 42x58" screen and thats about perfect for autos.Photos i would do 4 plants and 4 weeks veg time.The BIG kolas come off the main branches so you want as many as them in the net as possible than let the smaller stuff fill it in.Autos with a short VEG i would want the extra 2 plants to at least 12 to 14 big kolas per plant under 1000W hood.

Top Bottom