Malachi enters the MPB club

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
billy liar

billy liar

My system I have designed is setup like the Doubled's system except I have a control bucket setup outside the grow room with a float valve and a 40 gallon res. I am going to use to feed the control bucket. My central drainpipe is going to be slanted slightly and drain directly back into the control bucket. I am hoping to keep the buckets on the floor this way because I only have 7 ft ceilings. I will have to experiment with the drainage and may have to slightly elevate them.
hi malachi,
you dont need to lift your tubs or drain lines, keep the level in your res the same height as the level in your bottom tubs. and use some kind of bulkhead fitting to connect to the bottom of the res, and circulate as usual for this system.. it works..
here's a pic I borrowed from heath to explain..
DSCF3138.jpg

Peace
BL

M

Malachi

Not now
or
not ever

Not now, I am in the planning stages. I will take pics when I start construction.

hi malachi,
you dont need to lift your tubs or drain lines, keep the level in your res the same height as the level in your bottom tubs. and use some kind of bulkhead fitting to connect to the bottom of the res, and circulate as usual for this system.. it works..
here's a pic I borrowed from heath to explain..
DSCF3138.jpg

Peace
BL

Yea thats what i was thinking, I was going to use the 40 gal res. with an attached float valve to keep the system at an appropriate level. Thanks for the skematics.

L

Lost

A 40 gallon res for 6 plants sounds like asking for trouble. I'm running a 100 gallon res for 7 plants..

Just an FYI my 4 plant setup would drink 15+ gallons of water a day, with 6 your looking at 25+ gallons a day. You cannot have that kind of water level variation in your buckets or you'll end up with rope roots or worse..

M

Malachi

WOW 25 gallons a day, thats crazy. I would have never thought that. I will probally pick up a 180 gallon heating oil tank then and use that for my res. thanks bro for the heads up

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Malachi, good luck with getting this system put together and up and running, sounds like your gonna go big from the start! Looking forward to the pictures in the future.

Subscribed!!

L

Lost

Its not every day but heavy into flower, yea, 15 gallons a day for 4! Somedays 10 or less, but some days they just drink and drink!

billy liar

billy liar

A 40 gallon res for 6 plants sounds like asking for trouble. I'm running a 100 gallon res for 7 plants..

Just an FYI my 4 plant setup would drink 15+ gallons of water a day, with 6 your looking at 25+ gallons a day. You cannot have that kind of water level variation in your buckets or you'll end up with rope roots or worse..

if the 40 gal res is connected to a passive res via the float operated valve (FOV), the system level will never change.
this is what i do, then set a pump in the res to pump 10-20% of system nutes to waste every day.
I think 40gal is a bit small for 6 plants, with a system like this you have to remember that the amount of circulating nutes also acts as a buffer zone to keep ph and ppm in check...
Peace
BL

M

Malachi

i am using 27-gallon strong box totes and a 27-gallon control tote as well. These will be kept constantly 1/2 full with the aid of a float valve in the control tote (not the res.). So thats 7 totes recirculating 100-gallons constantly. The 40-gallon res is just going to act as a feed to the control bucket to keep the system topped off. It will be elevated and connected to the float valve in the control bucket. The system is basically going to operate like an undercurrent setup but having the 40-gallon res. feed the system fresh nutes. I think you guys are mis-understanding my concept. I don't plan on running the entire system with a 40-gallon res, just using the 40-gallon res to help maintain the undercurrent system at the proper water level. I don't want to run a larger res because I want to be able to give the system a progressively increasing nutrient schedule weekly as the plants reach further and further into their budding cycle.I am actually banking on the res. running out weekly, and when it does I will still have around 100-gallons recirculating through my system. I have seen some big plants grown in the undercurrent system and that only uses 13-gallon buckets and a 13-gallon control bucket with no supplimental res. I think I will be fine.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like you got the ideas sketched.....now lets see some nasty nuggets :)

billy liar

billy liar

i am using 27-gallon strong box totes and a 27-gallon control tote as well. These will be kept constantly 1/2 full with the aid of a float valve in the control tote (not the res.). So thats 7 totes recirculating 100-gallons constantly. The 40-gallon res is just going to act as a feed to the control bucket to keep the system topped off. It will be elevated and connected to the float valve in the control bucket. The system is basically going to operate like an undercurrent setup but having the 40-gallon res. feed the system fresh nutes. I think you guys are mis-understanding my concept. I don't plan on running the entire system with a 40-gallon res, just using the 40-gallon res to help maintain the undercurrent system at the proper water level. I don't want to run a larger res because I want to be able to give the system a progressively increasing nutrient schedule weekly as the plants reach further and further into their budding cycle.I am actually banking on the res. running out weekly, and when it does I will still have around 100-gallons recirculating through my system. I have seen some big plants grown in the undercurrent system and that only uses 13-gallon buckets and a 13-gallon control bucket with no supplimental res. I think I will be fine.

I think you will be fine too.. sounds very similar to what i'm setting up atm.. although my "control tote" is what I call my active res (also 40gal I think), which is auto topped up from a passive res (200L). and flushing is done daily by removing 10-20% daily(from active res).
peace
BL

budfriend

budfriend

What pvc does undercurrent use? Do they use schedule 40. Just wondering what fits into the 2 in uniseals without leaking.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
nice malachi that sound like a killer system that will work great...do you plan on putting pics up?Those rez's sound like they will be more than enough to do the job..good luck..Burn

M

Malachi

Lol, I dont have any bud pics with the MPB yet, I am still planning it out. Looks like I will be going with a DD designed 4 bucket setup with 5-1000's to start. If you want to see some bud pics click on my current grow.

M

Malachi

Hey guys its been a while since I posted on this thread. I have been all over the place planning my next grow and have been bouncing back and forth between the MPB and a scrog. I was going to go with the scrog because of my tight financials at this time and didn't think I was gonna have the capital to do it right. With a little bit of luck on my side I managed to scape up enough to get started.

It's kinda scary taking a big 10k leap into unfamiliar territory, but they say with big risks come big rewards and I am hoping so! I am going to mimmik DD in every way on my first run, from his nutrient schedule to his light layout and his system.

I just popped 10 of Motarebel's 98 Aloha White Widow x POW (Pacific G13 x Purple Afghani) that he gifted me. He told me the strain is unreleased as of yet and I am hoping with the G13 in its lineage it does well in the MPB's. One of my first plants I grew back in the late 90's was Shanti's White Widow when he was still with greenhouse and I remember that strain as being very vigorous with a thick ass stalk and side branches. It was one of the best yielders I have ever grown.

I hope you guys stay tuned because I have a feeling this is going to be a good one. I have my mind made up and am sticking to the MPB with conviction. I ordered a 100-gallon res and 1/2 HP titanium chiller last night and my partner and I are having a 5 ton ac installed the first of June. It will be a month or 2 before this system is completely under way but I will start posting pictures this weekend when I start to build the system.

HG23

HG23

Hey malachi,

I just read through the thread and for what it's worth, I think you're making the right choice to stick with DD's system to a T even though its expensive. I haven't put one together myself yet but some the first timer experiences are unreal. How many plants have you decided to go with?

L

Lost

I think in his above post he is doing a 4 plant 5 light setup. Its a great managable system. Yields can be really good too. Your widow/g13 should do pretty well.!

Top Bottom