Malachi enters the MPB club

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

Hey malachi,

I just read through the thread and for what it's worth, I think you're making the right choice to stick with DD's system to a T even though its expensive. I haven't put one together myself yet but some the first timer experiences are unreal. How many plants have you decided to go with?

right now the plant count is up in the air, if i do the grow by myself then it will be a 4 plant 5 light grow but if i can get my buddy to shell out as much money as me on the system then we are gonaa run a 6 plant 12 light setup

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That sounds sweet.
I am running a 4 plant 5 light.
with the goal being 6 p 12 L.
The 6 plant 12 light I think should yeild insane.

M

Malachi

I have a quick question for doubleds or someone else experienced in running the MPB setups. I have purchased my totes and am starting to think through the build. Why have the water intake below the drains with a check valve? Why not have them above so you would have a waterfall effect in each tote? You wouldn't need a check valve because there would be no back pressure. You could even T them inside the tote kind of like the undercurrent control tote is setup

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

First off. No expert here. Just a MPB guy in the works. :rauch08:
I really believe that the water inlets to the tubs have to be at the bottoms so you can drain completely, for flushing and nute changes. I like the extra waterfall idea, but you should have the ability to completely flush.

M

Malachi

First off. No expert here. Just a MPB guy in the works. :rauch08:
I really believe that the water inlets to the tubs have to be at the bottoms so you can drain completely, for flushing and nute changes. I like the extra waterfall idea, but you should have the ability to completely flush.

Maybe a seperate drain on the bottom to drain? Thats what I am thinking ...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hmmm, separate drain in the bottom? Could be good. Have like a sink drain or something. That would be sweet. Only you would have to have valves on each to control them. I dunno, might not be worth the trouble.

M

mcattak

I have my main nutrient feed coming from the bottom which helps me evacuate the water...I also run about 200 - 300 gph through my drippers and get a waterfall effect through those...

mc

C

Coxie

Maybe a seperate drain on the bottom to drain? Thats what I am thinking ...

A drain on the bottom would probably get clogged by the massive root system. DD has gone to using 2 drains at water level to assist in preventing drain clogging by the roots.

F

FileError404

I think the the separate drain on the bottom is meant only for res changes, etc.

Not sure what would more powerful, waterfall or the pressure from below, haven't seen any video of either... :(

B

budlover

How is thinkgs comingl along bro? having any news on the buckets yet?

Peace budlover

Top Bottom