• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Male flowers are ready...females are not

Hi guys I have read Logics postings...(Most of which went over my head)

And I have read other articles about collecting pollen.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I would really gratefull for any help you can give me

I have several strains I wanna cross with this male Himalayan Gold.
And I have them placed all around him

Today the Males flowers started to open. But most, if not all of the females don't seem ready.
Its out side and it's kinda windy...Is the pollen gone from those flowers?

Can I cut off some of the unopened flowers and save them in the fridge?

How long will this male Keep producing flowers and pollen?

what should I do?

thanks in advance guys

Here is a pic I just took.

Maleflowers
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In the past I've just taken the branches and stuck them in a vase of water, set onto a mirror, waited for pollen to drop then collected it off the mirror. That was a fucking pain in the ass.

Now I'll probably take a plastic baggie, marked with the boy's name of course, and a stick. Place the baggie gently around the cluster of flowers, and tap with the stick to make pollen fall out. Or any other suitable container, though I hesitate with plastic Tupperware type stuff if it's too dry because I can see the pollen being ejected out of the container via static electricity. And that would be fucked.

K

kolah

How about storing them in small mason style jelly jars?

Could you just pick the sacs and leave the pollen inside and then store them?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks for the replies :)

I think I might do that Kolah

I realize now after seeing pics of other males here on the Farm, and looking closer at him, that this male still has a ways to go.

He Is gonna have a lot more flowers in another week or two. I have 5 females out there with him now

One of each

Harlequin, Jillybean, White Widow, Bubba kush, Green crack,

Hopefully in a few weeks they will be pollinated...But just in case Im gonna be saving some pollen too.

Im thinking the cross with Harlequin will be a good one.

Thanks again!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How about storing them in small mason style jelly jars?

Could you just pick the sacs and leave the pollen inside and then store them?
I personally would not do that because of the moisture that still may be in the flowers themselves, plus once they start to decompose that could compromise the pollen.

I just shared some pollen this week (gotta contact Blaze, I have a couple of decent looking NL#5 boys), we just tapped it into a plastic baggie.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Seamaiden. I didn't think of that.

Here are a couple shot I just took today...I think He is just getting started :)

Male8 22
Male8 22again
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, you really don't want to leave anything that can decompose or spoil in with the pollen, nor do you want it becoming damp.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

wait until that plant is in full bloom then cut the top off and lay on a piece of wax paper in a non windy area under a flourescent
cut the fans off first, let the pollen dry for a few days before storing it with dry rice
mix with dry flour 5 parts flour to 1 part pollen before using to spread the love a bit farther

good luck

fwiw

darkmatter

darkmatter

next time you hold the male a few weeks inside some where if possible,you could put it under light inside or out maybe theres a 24 hour lit part of your yard or make one next time ,when it gets flower time to hold it back till the females grow a little further maybe next time if the males in a container you could move it in to position when the times right.youll get your seeds, im just going off the indoor way.looks like for this one let it do its thing and you can do the collection methods the folks threw out.can you dig the male up put it in a container and keep it away for a few,then bring it back around . im thinking you already got some seeds goin as is ,maybe bring the male around when the females bulk up a bit and get another layer of seed in the bud.

K

Karma Genetics

dont worry he will be throwing out pollen for weeks to come.

Top Bottom