males from s1 seeds

• Thread starter redeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAWS

JAWS

hello REDEYE:)
good Question and i would think they would be REG but not a pro in that area, i do have some pollen i collected from a GDP that was supose to be fem but he was ALL male...i will be useing that pollen in this round so i will see first hand here before to long....

if the strain is something you like then ya man give it a shot....
good luck:)

redeye

redeye

thanks for your input guys... my pleaseure on those alien dawg f2's northone... the s1's i got the male from were Chemdog #4 s1's from cali connection and this male looks exactly like all the other females all very very similar in uniformity leaf shape and sizes. i will be making some Chemdog #4 seeds using this male on 2 of the females which are very good represntitives or the original clone...... seeds wont be made this run though. be the next one so will be a few months off as of now... but these seeds will be sent in as freebies to be given away with orders as the alien dawg f2's were...
stay safe guys.
redeye.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I would get in touch with Swerve if posible. I guess they mislabeled a bunch of the Chem4OG packs. Thats what happens when you outsource all of your work. I think you have a reg pack which would probably be better for breeding actually.

waayne

waayne

Several years ago I ran a pack of Fem Strawberry Cough seeds
The seeds had been smashed while in the mail and only 5 survived, out of those 5 seeds I found 4 females and a male
The male showed no signs of mutations or hermaphrodism.

I collected pollen from him and used it for several F1 crosses>>>he passed on excellent traits to all the crosses.

I've never seen another male out of hundreds of Fem seeds I've grown.........

cannarado makes a great point about them being mislabled, CC has had quality control issues in the past.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Hola fellas, there are no males in S1 seed, what you have is a female showing strong male traits. its physically impossible to have a male in a selfed female population.

i always though that some how some way the femmed seedline produced males. havein a few conversations about the subject, come to the above conclusion.

ive had what i thought was a male in a few different femmed batches, ive used um and have had good success with um. seem to produce a normal 50/50 ratio in the next gen, maybe a bit female leanin.

i could see findin a male leanin female and havein a batch of seed be multisexed from that mating. testin your parent plants is whats gonna ensure that dont happen:D

and there is always the chance that stray pollens, from a single pollen sack hidden in a bud, could be the culprit

CBF

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Tom Hill says the same as CBF.

They're not males ime, but highly staminate intersex females. Cannabis plants (sex) are controlled first by the XY system, but secondly (expression) by (often environmentally triggered) modifying factors located on autosomes, or pseudoautosomal regions. A female plant with a noted absence of masculine type modifiers can be said to be strongly female. When selfed her progeny will contain very few if any intersex individuals. The opposite type of plant (a female with a noted abundance of masculine type modifiers) -though they may be masked in the parent- will occasionally give rise upon recombination to what you're referring to in this thread. But they're not really males.

All plants born from gynoecious selections (born from female reversals) are females in regards to their sex chromosomes but express as females and intersex females of varying degrees (varying all the way to "it damn sure looks like a male to me") due to the presence/absence/activation of modifying factors.

This phenomenon is not exclusive to plants born of gynoecious selections, rather it is simply more readily apparent there than with male/female selections where it is masked by the expectation of seeing males in the population.

Nothing is ever set in stone and the last word is always testing. Go ahead and use these and observe their offspring! Everything else is commentary. What holds true for one may not hold true for another as well...

blazer

blazer

Thats how i understood it with no male pollen there will be no male chromozones!

B

biggs

@redeye, think i read there was a mix up with the seeds, reg's got sold as s1's. best to go over to his site and speak to him bro.

redeye

redeye

thanks for all the very informative replies fellas, well that has really pissed me right off, there's me thinking i have s1 Chemdog #4's but in reality they are chem og's not what i paid for or wanted. i thought they were a bit lanky for Chemdog #4...... thanks for nothing swerve.....i will certainly not be ordering anything from that fool again......fuck....

CBF

CBF

Supporter
well i stumbled around learnin alot on my own for years. which isnt a bad thing. but its nice to be able to be around a knowledgable grower for a few months. had alot of thoughts and ideas about MJ which Tom helped me to understand better.

basically have no one around to talk plants with other then online, so a whole season with MrHill was a great learnin experience for me. actually goin out to visit him here in a week, before the season goes full steam.

you bustin ground up there yet?? got all my holes in, and all this warm weather is givin me the itch to plant, cept i know better, lol

CBF

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

cbf can u explain more about s1 seeds. I just picked up the white s1 form og raskals gear. how is a femaled self pollinated?

CBF

CBF

Supporter
cbf can u explain more about s1 seeds. I just picked up the white s1 form og raskals gear. how is a femaled self pollinated?

take your target clone/plant and reverse the sex. this is done with stress, chemicals or colliadal silver.

you can push a plant well past its finish time and look for bananas, Soma uses this method, dont quite remember the term...rodalization or some shit like that.

usin a chemical mixture or colliadal silver, you just spray the plant daily starting in veg, once flowered the plant will produce male flowers. gather the pollens and pollinate another cut of the plant, and you have femmed seed.

the chemical procedure i guess can be hairy and ya dont want none on ya. ive always used the colliadal silver when reversein a plant. more or less i didnt have access to the chemicals, and was a bit skeetchy usin um anyway.

really isnt ot complicated really once you have done it.

CBF

Illmind

Illmind

I dont think i believe in males found in fem seed. Only peoples seeds ive ever saw do that were rezdog and swerves. And they both said the exact same thing. Which was "males occosionally pop up in female seeds" which is absolute horse shit given their super shady track records. Seed comps usually get better with time seems swerve gets dumber by the day. Good thing 90% of his customer base are hightimes tards who dunno any better. Or he'd have another mass mutiny on his hands again. Tom hill is very knowledgable. I often gotta go do research after reading his posts just to understand them.

glockdoc

glockdoc

cbf is right on dot. the males u see are very much female, or just pure hermi. s1 shouldnt produce any male gene at all! besy way of doing it liek cbf said is you let ur strain go like 3 weeks past its harvest time, and it should hermi due to it living a long sucessful life. you take that pollen from the over riped plant and mix it with any other female and you should have all fem seeds. female is XX male is XY hermi is XXXY. you could use the punnet square for a better understanding.

RIPP

RIPP

I think this pic will help some folks to better understand what is s'1 male plant. You can see more pictures in my breeding project.
male_1-jpg.206601

no signs of mutations or hermaphrodism
polen_1-jpg.206599

Latest posts

Top Bottom