males from s1 seeds

• Thread starter redeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBF

CBF

Supporter
ok i got lost ............what are we sayin...you can select a plant by its seed shape, size and such??

uh the difference in S1 and S2 seed is the genetic make up of the S1 plant used to make the S2.
all plants in a Selfed population are single individuasl, surely they will not repro same shape size color of seed between plants.

just slap me if i sound like a fool

CBF

squiggly

squiggly

No you can't really select a plant based on seed shape (or its not likely, at least).

This is just an illustration of how dominant-recessive traits work, that's all. Genes are not always as simple as dominant/recessive.

Look at human blood types for an example of this--and you'll start to get a taste of how totally mind twisting genetics is.

RIPP

RIPP

glockdoc sorry mate but those are my tests seeds. If i'm happy with the new generation, my first priority will be to make more of the same hybrid.:cool:

Thank you squiggly:)

I suppose that the nature is much more complex than what I believed. Today I totally agree that there is no man on Earth who can guess or predict at 100% what will happen if two cannabis plants are mixed together. :D

RIPP

RIPP

i recently started some s1 seeds and found a male from them. what i would like to know is will seeds made from this males pollen be regular male and female seeds or all/mainly female...
thanks.
High
I just want to point out that he new generation produced from - SPG S1 (m) x SPG S1 (f) became REGULAR. No hermies at all in this line more like IBL. Unfortunately there are some hermies between some other feminized hybrids crossed whit my S1 (m). The rest of the seeds are NOT fem but regular. According to MO there is something wrong with the new chemical used in this project.

RIPP

RIPP

Nowadays I'm breeding the same freaky male with another strain but this time she is regular IBL. If everything goes smooth I'm expecting answers soon, fingers crossed.
2-jpg.252001

Sweet Pink Grapefruit S1 (m) х Bubble Gum IBL/F2 (Pink pheno) (f) = Sweet Pink Bubble Gum

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Great debate.i pulled a dude from @Motarebel 's bubba ogers,he was held, stressed,and studied for 6 months while I made room to use him.he had no pistils, and even produced a few males in his progeny when crossed to a few clone onlys, not the highest %, but males none the less.i was really thinking there was some pollen contamination on the original bubba ogers after seeing a few strange traits and talking with @Nspecta .now,im starting to see more of those traits in multiple crosses now that i can identify them, and they go back to ogers.it wasn't a "masked" female.he was all dude,time running the offspring will tell i guess

m8ty

m8ty

Nice pic, notice how the pollen sacks look like nanners with that banana shape...

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Interesting. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I had 10 females and 1 male in a pack of fems... I love cannabis :)

soserthc1

soserthc1

Bump ^^^ super interesting thread guys @RIPP any updates on this/ these projects

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No you can't really select a plant based on seed shape (or its not likely, at least).

This is just an illustration of how dominant-recessive traits work, that's all. Genes are not always as simple as dominant/recessive.

Look at human blood types for an example of this--and you'll start to get a taste of how totally mind twisting genetics is.
@squiggly has a good point. Here is a read on advanced cannabis botany and breeding. I'm of the opinion that true breeding is more complicated that dusting a little pollen here and there. Its a long read but shoot what have any of us got but the gift of time.

Best way I have found is to chunk it down. A little bit each day. That way it isnt overwhelming to the point you cheat yourself out of good knowledge. Dont give up until after you review the section titled "Summary of Essential Points of Breeding and Polyploidy.

Cap will probably agree that this will be the longest post in forum history. If you guys would rather a posted link let me know........ Ya know what ,better yet after review I fear that if I paste to original body of the research the server may implode. So here is the link. Truly for those with an aptitude for science so be forewarned. Enjoy.

A

A.Sherman

Great debate.i pulled a dude from @Motarebel 's bubba ogers,he was held, stressed,and studied for 6 months while I made room to use him.he had no pistils, and even produced a few males in his progeny when crossed to a few clone onlys, not the highest %, but males none the less.i was really thinking there was some pollen contamination on the original bubba ogers after seeing a few strange traits and talking with @Nspecta .now,im starting to see more of those traits in multiple crosses now that i can identify them, and they go back to ogers.it wasn't a "masked" female.he was all dude,time running the offspring will tell i guess
Orgnkid was working with a yumbolt male during these projects and thats where the male pollen may have come from.

Top Bottom