Mango

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

I have a beautiful mango plant actually it might be to nice lt has tons of sugar leaves that are covering the numerous buds. They are all very healthy and green, not one of them is the slightest bit difficent in any way. Well my question is should i eliminate some of the green growth so the light reaches in to the buds and not just the three giant cola's that are a beautifull yellow color. well advice would be appreciated.......peace

cannabeans

cannabeans

personal preference....

at this point its personal preference, and there is not enough info to fully explain. how many days is she in bloom? how many days will she take to finish? how much light do you have?

my personal preference is to remove all the "lil airy flowers" that are far under the canopy, just after the "stretch", but leaving all the larger fan leaves in tact. what that does is take the energy that is being created from the fan leaves you left on, and since the flower was removed, the energy is sent to the top of the plant where the light is strong , resulting in less "popcorn" size flowers and larger flower tops on your canopy....

this personal preference makes it easier for me to trim.

soserthc1

soserthc1

]
at this point its personal preference, and there is not enough info to fully explain. how many days is she in bloom? how many days will she take to finish? how much light do you have?

my personal preference is to remove all the "lil airy flowers" that are far under the canopy, just after the "stretch", but leaving all the larger fan leaves in tact. what that does is take the energy that is being created from the fan leaves you left on, and since the flowers was removed, the energy is sent to the top of the plant where the light is strong , resulting in less "popcorn" size flowers and larger flower tops on your canopy....

[/B]its in day 27 of 56 or 63 depending on preference, ill probally go the 63 as i prefer to have it a strong ass indica couch lock , as i have it in there with a lemon skunk and a mawi (SATIVA) its 29" in height and its under a 600 watt hps in a 4*4 closet in a 5 gal bucket, I have never done a sog yet, i am actually veggin two tangerine dreams , two super lemon hazes , one white widow (not a favorite of mine but has been my best producer in the past) a skunk kush and two strains i made in 2.5 gal buckets for a sog next. I have never really stripped the bottom of my plants as i go under the more is better phiolsphy - didn't know that it would generate more energy to top of plants. I usually just take two to four clones off the bottom...... im gonna post a picture shortly , i did cut some of the fan leaves in half today to expose most of the upper buds... the picture quality wont be the best as my ten camera's are all missing a part or two , damn kids... thanks for feedback peace:banana1sv6:

Tn
soserthc1

soserthc1

the above picture is the side i cut the fan leaves in half on and the other side has two more cola like the main one as i fimed it.... peace

cannabeans

cannabeans

here is a picture of what i mean...

the lower half of the plant was cleaned right after the "stretch" and the flowers began to form.... these plants are ready for harvest and that is why i removed all the fan leaves. notice the fat flowers on them.....

first picture is what she looked like when she was growing as a shrub.
second picture: moments before harvest!

Trim 007
Trim 010
Trim 008
D

desertmedgrower

Hey man... this is a touchy subject for some... and really personal preference...

Some people prefer to remove large older fan leaves that may be blocking out bud sites from getting full light.

Others feel that stressing the plant out by trimming or removing leaves is detrimental however, so it really is a coin flip here...

The picture you are showing me looks like a great plant and I personally wouldn't touch her.

soserthc1

soserthc1

the lower half of the plant was cleaned right after the "stretch" and the flowers began to form.... these plants are ready for harvest and that is why i removed all the fan leaves. notice the fat flowers on them.....

first picture is what she looked like when she was growing as a shrub.
second picture: moments before harvest!

still would like to know if the total harvest would increase by doing this or if just bigger top cola's would over weigh the fairly nice buds that you cut from bottom. like i said gonna give it a run next - thanks for info canna - anyone else have an opionion ? peace ps , unfortantly i have limited space and can not grow outside...... maybe some day soon ......

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
i'm a manic pruner, and take off the bottom 1/3 of every plant i grow. sometimes more. my girls dont want to trim it, i/patients dont wanna smoke it, and i find if i do it early enough, then i dont see any reduction in harvest amt. and for me having increaed airflow around the bottom of the girls seems like a good thing.

i feel like the key thing is to do it early, so they have plenty of time to 'recover' or rebound. also, more than anything, it depends on strain. somestrains will produce some really nice, dense bottom flowers. others, seem to put all their energy into the tops.

D

desertmedgrower

i'm a manic pruner, and take off the bottom 1/3 of every plant i grow. sometimes more. my girls dont want to trim it, i/patients dont wanna smoke it, and i find if i do it early enough, then i dont see any reduction in harvest amt. and for me having increaed airflow around the bottom of the girls seems like a good thing.

i feel like the key thing is to do it early, so they have plenty of time to 'recover' or rebound. also, more than anything, it depends on strain. somestrains will produce some really nice, dense bottom flowers. others, seem to put all their energy into the tops.

Yah... I've pretty much noticed a cap in my harvest based upon size container I am using... I couldn't get kushberry above 2.5 ounces in a 3 Gal container.. and couldn't get it to break 4 ounces in a 5 gal container. Yield seemed fairly consistent amongst those I pruned, topped, and or super cropped, just varied based upon how much soil I was using in each container

soserthc1

soserthc1

thats why i try to use 5 gal containers and yield more bein i only run about three at a time just incase of a uninvited guest - but going to sog for next run for a wide variety of strains and my last plant in 5 gal only yielded a oz but i took it a little early and my soil ph was out of wack.. now the lemon skunk and mango should be closer to 3-4 oz a plant as i am dialed in now, but so far with 5 gal containers my closet ....is that about avg or could or should i be producing alot more... and with pruning the bottom i feel that i lose them buds that i dont mind trimming or smoking being there is no dispenceries around here and i only know one grower, who just started back up with clones i gave him, so unless i wanna pay 375-400 a oz for tree that aint as good as mine. i gotta make the most of what i grow as i swore a year or so ago when i started this,that i would never purchase seedy mexican buddle weed ever again but if it will increase my cola's it would be worth my while..... would like to know people opionion's

soserthc1

soserthc1

my personal preference is to remove all the "lil airy flowers" that are far under the canopy, just after the "stretch", but leaving all the larger fan leaves in tact. what that does is take the energy that is being created from the fan leaves you left on, and since the flower was removed, the energy is sent to the top of the plant where the light is strong , resulting in less "popcorn" size flowers and larger flower tops on your canopy....

funny thing is trimming up a plant is one of my favorite things to do.I guess thats cause the i only get to trim up 2-4 plants every 63 days or so. Maybe one day it will be a labor and i will pay people to do it. I actually get up every morning at 530 just to go down and visit my veg room and right a report on progress, I find it very stress releaving :banana1sv6:

D

desertmedgrower

Yah... trimming the bottom ones AT THE RIGHT TIME, will definitely increase your colas, but I think you may be past that point already...

If you do plan on stressing your plants make sure they are getting good nutrition (someone on these forums recommend the AN kelp or Liquid Karma if you plan on training or trimming your plants)

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Yah... trimming the bottom ones AT THE RIGHT TIME, will definitely increase your colas, but I think you may be past that point already...

If you do plan on stressing your plants make sure they are getting good nutrition (someone on these forums recommend the AN kelp or Liquid Karma if you plan on training or trimming your plants)

completely agree w/ the 2nd statement. a little boost in the form of kelp is a really nice thing for them after a 'low-n-tight'.

an old vet told me once. "a plant will produce what its gonna produce-question is-where do you want your buds". while that statement isnt entirely true, its something i always keep in mind.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I have warm memories of Mango. I cut my teeth growing big mango trees back in the day. Fun to grow, awesome yielder if vegged properly, great bag appeal. Unfortunately my pheno didn't hit very hard and was mostly all bark and little bite.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I have warm memories of Mango. I cut my teeth growing big mango trees back in the day. Fun to grow, awesome yielder if vegged properly, great bag appeal. Unfortunately my pheno didn't hit very hard and was mostly all bark and little bite.

very true statement this is my third mango grow and the first one i read that you should veg it very little to controll as it will be a giant plant with cola's as big as a womens calf. Unfortantly it said when growing outdoors which i over looked and vegged it for a short period and it yield very little inside 60 grams to be exact, well lesson was learned and i vegged this one for a month or maybe a little longer and as you can tell by picture. I expect to at the very least double that yield - possible more, from my experience it will only increacse in size once inducing flowering to about 25% more. i started flowering around 24" and it has seem to max out at 37" but numerous bud growth and three seperate cola's (topped-fimmed) and the green growth is insane. I have a lemon skunk with it that has one giant cola and tons of buds also but very little leafy green growth. Is this just a strain issue between the two or did i do something wrong?peace Both previous grows have been a kick ass indica, i gotta smoke it sitting up at night or I am sleeping in ten mins lol - does anyone have any thc level info on this strain...

soserthc1

soserthc1

ok - need a little info - please - currently this grow which seems to be my best so far Mango day 32 lemon skunk day 42 - I have used very little chemicals and have gone more organic in soil and i have had very little problems or burnt leaves. I would like to finish with a bang but the M.O.A.B seems to do more harm then good and i barely notice any dif with ultra snow storm. Here is a list of what has been used to this point - any suggestions on how to finish up with fatting up the buds. I would def like to try the liquid karma but have no experience with it.
  1. fox farm soil
  2. added to soil fish fert
  3. lime
  4. h2o2 -peroxide
  5. great white - root inhancer
  6. blood meal
  7. bone meal
  8. an organic time release fert not sure of name as i put it injar an lost label
    1. 3 part ghydro every other week at half recomeded dose
    2. water at a ph of 5.5 on alternating weeks
    3. just started to add some ultra snow storm at day 40 -lem sk day 32 mango
    4. neem to kill the few mites - never use shit from a dirty grower lesson learned
    [/LIST so suggestion on products from here on out would be apprecited going to hydro today - thanks in advance

Abek666

Abek666

should your ph not been a bit higher like between 6 and 7 you are in soil right? but the plant looks nice so you seem to do it propper i think, keep up the good work and have a nice day

soserthc1

soserthc1

should your ph not been a bit higher like between 6 and 7 you are in soil right? but the plant looks nice so you seem to do it propper i think, keep up the good work and have a nice day

well actually i have been closer to a 6.0 now that i reflect on that post, my water from the tap comes out around 7 and i have been lowering it to 6 - 6.2 and i have added big bud as of the last week , i know i should of been using big bud all along now and over drive near end to fattin up the buds , thats why i am on this forum because you guys/gals rock with the info, keep it coming as i learn more and more each day - just added molasses to the mix now to.... thanks for comp + karma peace did not get the over drive as it was 89 $ at the store and seemed a little high to me plus really not a fan of multiple visits to hydro store , ill order it on line....is that the correct price or seem high to you farmers also.....

Top Bottom