Manipulating Plants By Altering Light Hours

• Thread starter Pass2TheLeft
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pass2TheLeft

Was having a puff thinking about vegging budded clones which ive had amazing results with over the years.
The 1st 2 weeks of flowering the plant grows fast and most the flowering points grow in this phase, has anyone tryed to veg there plants as there plants start to bud then 12/12 them again to exploit that first part of flowering again to create more flowering points?.the obvious risk is herming your plants.id be really interested to hear if anyone has try this

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Similar to monster cropping. I’ve done it. Reveg 2-3 weeks into flower, plant goes nuts and then man the node development is crazy.
Reveg, the canopy was cut back and it’s crazy atm

222C20D4 2E39 4672 A2C8 7F1008BCB8D9
P

Pass2TheLeft

Similar to monster cropping. I’ve done it. Reveg 2-3 weeks into flower, plant goes nuts and then man the node development is crazy.
Thanks bro ill try it next grow and see how it goes cheers

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I know monster cropping is variety dependent. Had success in the past had some “failures”. I first did it because I had clones that didn’t root and I didn’t want to lose the variety. I never knew it was an actual propagation practice till several years.
Between monster cropping cloning a flowering plant or placing a rooted cutting/small plant into flower for a couple of weeks then back to veg, what do you think the more successful route would be?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Any phenotype or method can be manipulated from early flower back to veg to flower, provided one understands that time is the only factor that you loose.
Now along with light, you will need to reintroduce veg feed for 2-3 weeks to ensure healthy cola / top development in later on. I also use a node development nutrition during this phase, will post pic of the item I use.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Any phenotype or method can be manipulated from early flower back to veg to flower, provided one understands that time is the only factor that you loose.
Now along with light, you will need to reintroduce veg feed for 2-3 weeks to ensure healthy cola / top development in later on. I also use a node development nutrition during this phase, will post pic of the item I use.
I’ve seen people clone buds not just some whispy start of a bud.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
This what I use before I flip back to flower, used once a week for 2 weeks, foliar spray.

EE05ACBC FF12 4F38 991F AF3130662CFB
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Flowering plant clone , this one I just did 2 weeks ago, had a branch break when I was adjusting the trellis. Some rooting hormone and I stick it right into soil. Been sitting outiside, natural longer light cycle, rooted in 8days and is taking off, knarley twisted growth but these do great. Breed, is true og skunk cross with blueberries, some stuff I mess around with gauging flower cycle and yield , this suckers yield like crazy. I haven’t named it yet as this is only the 4th Breed back. One more cross to og then I’ll be asking forum for a name!!

2F0F786C D2EE 40C6 B0BA 4192DB80567C
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Buds have a tendency not to take well but I’ve taken clone post harvest with 50/50 shot on rooting, what I’ve learned is if that’s the route to go, I usually leave a few lower branches with bud/flower on and I treat them with rooting hormone one week before I take the cut, this is after harvest, feed a little to keep alive and apply hormones directly to branches that I will cut for clones.
They also take well in soil directly but better in rock wool. Soil it can be done but the risk of rot is high

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
This is one going through the changes of flower to Re-veg, you get those one leaf to 2, to 3 before you see any 5s. Then I hit it with the node hormone and she takes off. Hit it with some 30-10-10 , for 3 feed cycles , retrain , tuck etc. and let nature take its course. I cut back the feed and flush before I switch to flower regiment. Ph is critical at this stage as one can easily cause lockout. So go 1/3rd the recommendation on feed until day 7 on flip. Then watch ph and feed/water as you normally. I’m on super soil so mostly organic supplement and heavy carbs towards week 4-6. Watch for heat and humidity, I keep em 78-85, day and 68-72 night, 55-60 humidity until about week 7 then I drop humidity to 40 and hold. This is where the terpenoids and trichromatic magic occurs. Light wise, I supplement during summer months , natural light cycle. Winter I use Mh/led mix to maintain par values.

8B9D65A7 35AD 4381 B59A D5C6BC78CCCB
91E32F37 ADFC 4F3D 93BA 7F4B22E2ABAC
A26EC77F 9702 49E4 A65F 924242AA44B3
P

Pass2TheLeft

The plan wasnt to take it that far bro was thinking veg for a few days using a anti gibberlin and then switching back to flower to try keep the plant tipping to increase flowering points on colas im not sure if this will work but i will test it at the moment when i switch to flower i get 10 or so flowering points on each cola i want to try increase this and trick the plant into contunied tipping

G

Gtek

I revegged flowering plants before after harvest. I understand what you thinking.... take advantage of the stretch then re-veg and put back into flower. The plants will need at least 2 weeks to switch back from flower to veg and then after flipping them again another 2 weeks... in that case might as well just veg longer and grow in big pots....

P

Pass2TheLeft

Over the years ive mucked around trying di
I revegged flowering plants before after harvest. I understand what you thinking.... take advantage of the stretch then re-veg and put back into flower. The plants will need at least 2 weeks to switch back from flower to veg and then after flipping them again another 2 weeks... in that case might as well just veg longer and grow in big pots....
I already grow large plants bro and i monster crop often i just want to try keep the plant in that phase of growth when you flip plants and they go crazy im thinking as soon as i see buds starting to form throwing hairs like sexing a plant then vegging for a few days as soon as i see the plant starting to go back to veg flipping back to flower maybe i smoke to much weed lol but my thoughts are to try increase flowering points per cola i currently grow with a mix of led hps i use hps to stretch young plants in veg to form a larger base for lst unless im monster cropping then i use veg mode on led .once i stretch a plant with hps for a couple weeks i veg it with a led on veg cycle to promote close internodal points on colas then hit them with full spectrum for flowering each plant is 4x4 and i keep them low as possible between 50 to 60 cm high

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The risk of Hermies is higher if you do that.
The plan wasnt to take it that far bro was thinking veg for a few days using a anti gibberlin and then switching back to flower to try keep the plant tipping to increase flowering points on colas im not sure if this will work but i will test it at the moment when i switch to flower i get 10 or so flowering points on each cola i want to try increase this and trick the plant into contunied tipping

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I did by mistake take an entire grow, from flower to veg when my timer went caput. Was a few weeks until I realized I was lights on all the time instead of the 12/12. Tell ya what, best yield I got that cycle, now I purposefully do that

G

Gtek

yeah you can try it would be interesting to see as an experiment.... 60cm isnt really that big you could try to go for 120cm :) maybe you will end up getting huge colas with the right strain...

P

Pass2TheLeft

Use the nitrozime for greater node development. Easier and less risk of hermies
Thanks bro i will look into it.its hard to get quality nutrient here or talk to anyone with any real exprience growing where i live is very secretive as it is still illegal

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sometimes I forget, we are in a legal state and we can do things others can’t. Sorry if I didn’t realize that!!
But love the inputs from all over the world. I wish and hope this stupid proof prohibition on weed ends world wide. Crime would go down, government makes its cut and we all get better ethical products . Till then, grow on my fellow brothers and sisters in weed;)

Top Bottom