Manning to the Broncos

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

According to the Denver Post Peyton Manning called John Elway this morning as committed to the Broncos. Is this a good move? Do you like it and how many games will the Broncos win next year with him?

K

kolah

It's a good way to ruin Tebows up and coming talent. IMO, they need to spend their money elsewhere. I prefer to watch hockey anyway.

putembk

putembk

It's a good way to ruin Tebows up and coming talent. IMO, they need to spend their money elsewhere. I prefer to watch hockey anyway.
Time will tell on Tebow. I don't think he will develop into a pro-bowl passer, he is a great person and would be an excellent fullback but not a drop back passer. If he continues to run the ball he will eventually get hurt. The Broncos did the right thing imo.

Reactions: mal
true grit

true grit

thank god, im f'n tired of the Tebow crap. move along lil doggie..lol. And i def have way more respect for real QB's...such as manning

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
And hes back...no go on the Jets so far. Theyll have to pay back the donkeys 5 million plus draft picks to get him

eyecandi

eyecandi

Virgin sacrifice

superog

superog

Blow'in Money Fast!!
Supporter
I thought Manning was going to the Niners. Vegas would have had them a lock to win the Superbowl. To me the Niners was a no brainer but what do I know... Oh yeah! I'm not a Niner fan..

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Colts fan here, our loss is the donkeys gain. Just kidding about the" donkeys". I personally think Peyton will play for 4-5 more years and he'll play well. If they play their cards right and pick up a few more familiar pieces they could be sitting pretty for a few years. Good luck Bronco's, I wish you well in the future. You could probably get Jeff Saturday pretty cheap and he's been snapping Peyton the ball for the last 10 years plus. I don't think you would have been happy with Tebow after the NFL has seen him for a year, they'd be ready for him. Hope all is well with you all
I think Peyton kinda idolizes Elway and would like to be doing what he's doing after he's done playing, and I think playing under him he can observe him for the next ? years

mal

S

Seed Buyer

I'm stoked John Fox (panthers fan here) can take his top hat off now that the Tebow circus has left town. Manning seems like a huge gamble. He might be one hit away from an early retirement and a CO red card. I guess he will be in the right city for that!

eyecandi

eyecandi

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20228248

The Broncos are getting the Jets' fourth- and sixth-round picks in the April 26-28 draft, plus $2.53 million in Tebow salary-advance reimbursement. Besides Tebow, the Jets will receive the Broncos' seventh-round draft pick next month.
The trade hit a snag Wednesday afternoon when the Jets balked at reimbursing the Broncos $5.06 million that the Broncos had paid Tebow last year in salary advances for 2012, 2013 and 2014. The trade was rescued early in the evening when the Broncos and Jets agreed to split the difference.

Read more: Concerns about Tebow's ability to stay healthy sparked Broncos' pursuit of Manning and subsequent trade - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20228248#ixzz1pquSkJVq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

putembk

putembk

I agree candi, Tebow was ultimately going to get hurt. You have to remember who plays this game. Bad ass mf's do and there has always been a bounty system in the NFL, New Orleans just got exposed for it but it's there and has been.
I believe that if I was a linebacker it would be a scalp to hang on my wall If I was the one that caused Tebow to be carried off the field.
Don't get me wrong, great guy, great humanitarian, great attitude but running qb, s don't last in the NFL.
Colorado football has sucked for years both college and pros, now hopefully there will be a window of excitement and maybe even some serious playoff runs in the future.
Elway, Fox seem to be doing a good job and Bowlen seems to have a new commitment to winning.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

5 games tops, SPINAL FUSION people! i thought this before he was the enemy, practice is one thing but when every defensive player in the league wants to hit you hard just because, hes not gonna hold up. 3 big hits and hes gonna retire. $100 says tebow stays healthy longer than manning

putembk

putembk

5 games tops, SPINAL FUSION people! i thought this before he was the enemy, practice is one thing but when every defensive player in the league wants to hit you hard just because, hes not gonna hold up. 3 big hits and hes gonna retire. $100 says tebow stays healthy longer than manning
That's because Tebow will be on the bench. lol Manning may get hurt football is a rough game but the vegas odds makers agree on the Manning trade. The enemy??? You must be an afc west guy. Sorry, you have been pushing the Broncos around long enough!! Hell is coming to your city.
Peace Dz, nothing like a good old football discussion.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Back in the day I saw Elway puking his guts out in the rear parking lot of The Dutch Goose when he was QB at Stanford. Too much Anchor Steam Beer, clams, and develed eggs, know the feeling!!!

Reactions: mal
Top Bottom