Many Oz Bho Run Need Advice

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Hey everyone so I am going to have a crap harvest there is plenty there and it is all really nice smelling and super crystals all over it it's just fluffy what I want to do is run it all and I have never run this much at once I will be using a entire case of butane or until I run out of nugs I will be running a hot plate with two large Pyrex trays stacked with water in the lower one I want to run every thing at one time I have multiple tubes and hands but no purge vac now I know you can get good bho from just heat purge but again I have never made a run like this any advice would be super!!! here is a pic of what I will be running
Many oz bho run need advice
Many oz bho run need advice 2
Many oz bho run need advice 3

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Nothing wrong with heat purging as long as it is done right. If you are just wanting to make good oil and not shatter or wax, go for it. With the higher heat needed to complete a heat purge you do lose and change some of the terps, but still can make outstanding and killer oil.

Yes, you can remove all the butane with a proper heat purge! If you don't have the cash for a Vac oven you do have other options available if you want to go the route of shatter/wax.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

What are the other options I have gotten really close to shatter with just a heat purge but can never get past the plastic stage where it is solid but malleable

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

What are the other options I have gotten really close to shatter with just a heat purge but can never get past the plastic stage where it is solid but malleable
What process and equipment are you presently using?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

The one described just a glass tube two Pyrex trays and a hot plate blast over warm water in the cold after freezing the bud and butane then just let it set at about 115 on the warmer for as long as I decide

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

I am sure there are others out there that have more experience that could help you better, but here goes for a start, maybe you can find some tid bit of info here that may help you.

First you need to get some sort of vacuum chamber and pump set up. Best Value Vacs have an economical, universal vacuum lid that will fit different sizes of standard cooking pots you may have at home. You will also need a vac pump. There are many economical options for a vac chamber and pump. An additional and useful option is to get a temp gun as well. You already have a hot plate but the addition of a heating pad to wrap the top/sides of the vac chamber to keep a more uniform temp will also help. Keep checking the temps, you are basically trying to dehydrate the oil not cook it, so keep the temps down. I suspect of your problems may have been too high of heat in your heat purge. Heat purge works for good oil but not as well for shatter.

Start off your vacuum purging with a temp at about 90 and start flipping your slabs over as soon they are stable enough, remember the temp at the bottom of your slab is different than the temp at the top of your oil, so periodically flip em and re-vac. Gradually increase your temp up to around 98 and finally to around 108 maximum (as the slab hardens it becomes increasingly difficult to extract the remaining butane and the temps must slowly rise). Using too high of heat is your enemy to making good shatter. The heat at the surface of your hotplate will be different than at the bottom of your slab and different from the top of the slab. Spread your BHO as thinly as possible when you start, you can always fold it over and in on itself as you go. Take some time and experiment with your time schedule for purging. When you think its done let it sit out overnight and see what the consistency is like once the slab cools down to room temp for awhile, and re purge as is necessary.

Keep tasting and testing and trying, you will get there. Keep an open mind to all things possible, everyone has their own ideas and with a little discrimination you should come up with a system that works for you.

A Dab a Day will keep the Doctor at Bay!

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

I am sure there are others out there that have more experience that could help you better, but here goes for a start, maybe you can find some tid bit of info here that may help you.

First you need to get some sort of vacuum chamber and pump set up. Best Value Vacs have an economical, universal vacuum lid that will fit different sizes of standard cooking pots you may have at home. You will also need a vac pump. There are many economical options for a vac chamber and pump. An additional and useful option is to get a temp gun as well. You already have a hot plate but the addition of a heating pad to wrap the top/sides of the vac chamber to keep a more uniform temp will also help. Keep checking the temps, you are basically trying to dehydrate the oil not cook it, so keep the temps down. I suspect of your problems may have been too high of heat in your heat purge. Heat purge works for good oil but not as well for shatter.

Start off your vacuum purging with a temp at about 90 and start flipping your slabs over as soon they are stable enough, remember the temp at the bottom of your slab is different than the temp at the top of your oil, so periodically flip em and re-vac. Gradually increase your temp up to around 98 and finally to around 108 maximum (as the slab hardens it becomes increasingly difficult to extract the remaining butane and the temps must slowly rise). Using too high of heat is your enemy to making good shatter. The heat at the surface of your hotplate will be different than at the bottom of your slab and different from the top of the slab. Spread your BHO as thinly as possible when you start, you can always fold it over and in on itself as you go. Take some time and experiment with your time schedule for purging. When you think its done let it sit out overnight and see what the consistency is like once the slab cools down to room temp for awhile, and re purge as is necessary.

Keep tasting and testing and trying, you will get there. Keep an open mind to all things possible, everyone has their own ideas and with a little discrimination you should come up with a system that works for you.

A Dab a Day will keep the Doctor at Bay!
im having a similiar issue. im decarbing, freezing the material, vac purging for 24 hrs at 105*f. i use a 40" inch glass tube and the material is 60/40, bud/leaf. im getting gorgeous, clear amber/yellow, what i call "shax". maleable at 75 * shatters at 60*. moisture???

Latest posts

Top Bottom