Marijuana and Alcoholsim, my story

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazer

blazer

Damn bro just peeped this thread today! Props on having the courage to share with is not an easy thing to admit.alcohol can be the undertaker struggled my self with it after a combat tour had to quit because couldn't just have one!now gotta struggle with psych. Drugs from the VA, tell u what yerba has been the helping more than meds anyway,had a couple trips to er this week stopped all my meds two weeks ago and prettymuch went into withdrawal I guess or anxiety they are not sure but never felt like that with the yerba.
Only prob is I over do the yerba to sometimes need to cut back SOME! Thanks for the inspiration chickenman u can't fall of the wagon bro u got us all rooting for you stay strong!:stonedsmilie:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
As you say, you've replaced one drug with another and I can't suggest strongly enough what a bad situation this can put you in under stress--especially as someone with several relapses under their belt

Cant count how many times ive relapsed, 2 times had 30 day treatment, 100s of AA meetings, Interventions, divorce, fired several times for work, on and on..drink drank drunk..
Like AA says, cunning, baffling, powerful and patient.
Once I finally surrendered totaly to the fact It wins everytime and everytine no matter what It gets worse I just cannot and better not take that 1st sip.
Mj helps reduce the craving for beer.. I made it thru some tough times with tons of stressful situations and really never felt like drinking with or without Mj..
Its when things get going good and that old friend MR.Stinkin Thinkin says What the fuck, come on now, time to drink and away I go.
Only a fool believes they are cured from addiction. Everybody has an addiction of some sort and thats fine. Its when the addiction effects self and others physicaly mentaly and spritualy, then when shit hits fan and life sucks you wonder why.
So now here Iam 11 years not a drop, still get stressed, but the thought of drinking never enters my mind during stressful times, its the Stinkin Thinkin during the good timesI have to watch out for, the thought of a cold one haunts me occasionaly, but finally knowing what I learned the hard way has worked so far, one day at a time, its so much easier than taking that 1st sip especially after what I went thru.
Go niners..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn bro just peeped this thread today! Props on having the courage to share with is not an easy thing to admit.

Really helps me to share my story. I need to pat myself on the back, but must never get too confident...and just maybe someone else can see there is a better way...

S

sk2004

Thanks for sharing. Have a friend that really needs to stop. Thinking about offering some stuff. Know he smokes, but everytime iv seen him smoke he was fucked up drinking, so didn't want to make things worse. Will try to talk with him next couple days

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for sharing. Have a friend that really needs to stop. Thinking about offering some stuff. Know he smokes, but everytime iv seen him smoke he was fucked up drinking, so didn't want to make things worse. Will try to talk with him next couple days

Consider getting a group of his friends together and intervene. Explain how his drinking effects himself and others. It will only get worse and it sounds like your all younger, nows the time.

For me I loved to drink even though it was killing me. I found something way better and that is just outside my back door. I fell in love with this little acreage the minute I stepped foot on it and know I would loose if I take that 1st sip. Do have ups and downs, but in long run its all good, all we got is one day at a time anyway so I try not to sweat too much and enjoy the ride as much as possible :character0053: :banana1sv6:

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

wow, great to hear a story i can relate to...

i too have been battling alcoholism since i was 18 really, always bad stuff happening when i was boozed... so I'm almost 5 months off Booze now, and only intend to drink on special occasions... just herb for me on the regular....

Latest posts

Top Bottom