Marijuana Stocks About To Crash And Burn

• Thread starter dirtyoldman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

I have as well. Hopefully in another 100 days it wont matter. Im in day 3 of my first grow.
One of the most satisfying experiences is knowing that you can be self-sustaining, but it takes a lot of work and patience and then more money. When you get the first harvest under your belt pay yourself for the weed like you had to buy it at the dispensary and sock it away.

Maxwax

Maxwax

I don't think they will. Business currently has a built in fail-safe: not everywhere is rec legal or even med legal. The market hasn't finished it's expansion yet.

But yeah, dispensary weed sux! I wouldn't be toking if I couldn't grow my own, or didn't know someone who did. I originally thought it was just me because I didn't smoke for 20+ years, and everyone I knew thought dispensary weed was great. Once I got my hands on some homegrown I couldn't believe the difference. Even a sativa leaning hybrid that's homegrown will give me a mellow stone, but dispensary weed is like speed. I'm guessing it's the chemicals they use. Spray or feed some volatile substances to the plant to keep the bugs away or get bigger buds, and you get that added to your high. Kind of a disgusting thought imo. I'm sure they'll start doing the whole GMO thing soon and then we'll have weed that cures cancer but causes seizures. But don't worry, this one stops seizures, unfortunately it causes neuralogical disorders and heart disease. But don't worry, this one....
Get some filter bags or follow @GNick55 instructions for dry sifting. You will kick yourself for not trying to make it before.
Until three weeks ago I never knew how hash was even created. IDK how much use able trim Ill have this year but bet your ass Im trying it. Im looking forward to it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wonder if the Wisconsin legislature ever looks at all the tax dollars flowing out of Wisconsin and into Illinois. Probably just don’t give a damn! They are building a good size indoor grow Facility right next to where I work, so there are still some bulls Around. In Cali.

steamroller

steamroller

Lines out the doors at dispensaries in Mass. still since NY is dragging their ass.
I have never been in one .LOVED the black market as I pay more then enough taxes already in NY.
There is still money to be made but you need to jump ship at the right time .I suspect many will miss that moment .
Big business is inevitable .
Being self sufficient is the only reasonable choice .

shaganja

shaganja

Let em crash and burn! The black market will thrive. Ppl are just starting to realize this craft smoke is beating the pants off dispo salt smoke. When the majority realize, dispensaries will be nervous. Large scale cannot beat the quality of craft grown cannabis.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Let em crash and burn! The black market will thrive. Ppl are just starting to realize this craft smoke is beating the pants off dispo salt smoke. When the majority realize, dispensaries will be nervous. Large scale cannot beat the quality of craft grown cannabis.

The problem here in Oklahoma is the penalties are stiffer now than ever on the street dealers and growers. They were already draconian and absurdly harsh here before medical mj. They have even got worse now. In the states mind they think since the public passed medical mj in a vote they now can run it into the ground with insane regs, fees and laws. And that pushes the little guy out and they go back to there old game and get thrown in prison for longer sentences. It's turned into a huge shit show here. You have the in-staters, out of staters. multinational investor groups and pharma. Then the idiots in OKC in the fat middle of it with no clue at all. It's like a retarded game of whack-a-mole!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The problem here in Oklahoma is the penalties are stiffer now than ever on the street dealers and growers. They were already draconian and absurdly harsh here before medical mj. They have even got worse now. In the states mind they think since the public passed medical mj in a vote they now can run it into the ground with insane regs, fees and laws. And that pushes the little guy out and they go back to there old game and get thrown in prison for longer sentences. It's turned into a huge shit show here. You have the in-staters, out of staters. multinational investor groups and pharma. Then the idiots in OKC in the fat middle of it with no clue at all. It's like a retarded game of whack-a-mole!
Yet I hear about the shops selling it out the back door and then it’s on the way to Texas. And if they get caught it’s probably a fine and get to continue doing business.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Yet I hear about the shops selling it out the back door and then it’s on the way to Texas. And if they get caught it’s probably a fine and get to continue doing business.
Depends on how they are licensed up. It could be as little as a fine, or nothing. Or big time prison. It's all about what license they hold and how they use them. There are patients here that buy sell all the time. If they get caught it could be real bad.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
A lot of dispensaries are owned by local business people who spent a lot of time and money getting started. They operate under strict guidelines established by government whether local or state.And the suppliers of their stock, the same thing. If an auditor walks into your store and says, show me the paper trail of that particular bud,Then you better be able to prove up on it. It is record keeping intensive. If you can’t then they will settle in and audit the hell out of you! All the way up the supply chain! If they don’t like what they find, they will shut you down! As simple as that! So the risk/reward to engage any illegal activity is just not there. It is made more difficult by the lack of access to banking services that normal businesses can use. Thanks to the feds. But they operate on the up and up, pay their taxes, and support their communities. What dispensary bashers have to remember is that a good portion of this country lives in Conditions that aren’t feasible for growing your own! Whether it be illegal, apartments, condos, etc. so these businesses actually provide a quality product at reasonable prices to the little guys or the masses who would otherwise not have access to it. If they are not supplying acceptable product at acceptable prices then they won’t be in business long. Just like any other business endeavor. Just my two cents.

shaganja

shaganja

I respectfully disagree. Cannabis can be grown anywhere. Anyone can do it. Window sills, closets, basements. She has survived the war on drugs. And the owners here in michigan are not from the area. Havent met one local owner of a dispo yet. Minus one so far. Northern lights, in brimley, mi. Owned by the bay mills tribe.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Dispensary weed sucks for the most part. I'm done with it. Over produced, dry crumbly mediocre weed. You need to grow it with love not greed. Weed has a weird karma to it. Even back in the day when it was illegal, if the grower decided to get greedy and have big grows they would usually get caught. It is a medicine for the people. Everyone should be growing its like tomatoes.
Soon people will trade it for tomatoes and vegetables. Only killer strains will be of any value,seed and clone more than product

M

Monkeibusiness

Here in Fla. we are working on legal rec. first didn’t pass because corp was behind and didn’t allow home cultivation or carting any quantity- they wanted you in their dispo!
Fast forward 2 years they have reworked the bill to include home cultivation of up to 18 plants -

where I’m going is they did studies and surveys in other legal states and found only 3% of consumers will grow.
So where does this stand now?

growsince79

growsince79

Here in sw ok, my closest town has 4 liquor stores and 15 dispensaries-med only. Med card allows you to grow, and 1 in 4 adults have cards. Idk where its all going... old mids is $50-100.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Oregunion here;
Dispensary weed here is so cheap because it’s the oldest shit on the shelves.
Once it hits a year old they drop an once to 20 bucks! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
New weed is still top price at the same time.
I just saw a 1/2 pound of medical advertised in east Portland for $110 bucks, $10 of it is tax! fucking kidding me!
It's awesome. The same clowns that lobbied to keep it illegal and had families destroyed,bankrupted people by siezures,denied it to medical users, and imprisoned people for decades so they could get the money from others misery now monopolize and promote it as a legit service. I hope every one of the greedy pricks goes under,plus they're screwing up the genepool and ruining cannabis flooding everything with unstable polyhybrids without regard to quality or customer satisfaction. Nothing but bad vibes to all these shylocks,I hope they compete each other out of business. I never have and never will enter a dispensary.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

It's the same in Canada, before psuedo legalization(monopoly) it was 7 years max for cultivation with intent now it's 14. The corrupt government is involved and killing the little guy,just like they did with flu,keeping big stores open and forcing the small guy out.

Blastfact

Blastfact

It's the same in Canada, before psuedo legalization(monopoly) it was 7 years max for cultivation with intent now it's 14. The corrupt government is involved and killing the little guy,just like they did with flu,keeping big stores open and forcing the small guy out.
7 to 14 years that's nothing. When I got busted here in Oklahoma in the mid 1980's for a 6 plant grow I was looking at 40 years. But the Cops and DA being the idiots they are did not know how much community support I could bring to force and that I had deep enough pockets to hire the best lawyers in the state. Cost me $50k and I still had to do 30 days in the county jail. But I also got it all removed from my record after two years of felony probation and retained my voting and 2A rights. The poor sot they busted after me with one small plant got 20 years in the state pen and he had to do every damn day of it. He had no money and no community support because he was new in town. A group of us made sure his wife and child had some support and he got commissary money for the 20 years he was in. Even if they get rec. weed passed here you can be sure the morons in OKC will keep some level of draconian laws in play so they can snipe those that don't keep up with the laws. And they can still profit from it on both sides of the law book.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Keep the faith gents. Remember...Rick "White Boy" Wershe got life for selling coke.....he's out now selling marijuana legally.....lol

Im serious.....The Eighth by White Boy Rick.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

7 to 14 years that's nothing. When I got busted here in Oklahoma in the mid 1980's for a 6 plant grow I was looking at 40 years. But the Cops and DA being the idiots they are did not know how much community support I could bring to force and that I had deep enough pockets to hire the best lawyers in the state. Cost me $50k and I still had to do 30 days in the county jail. But I also got it all removed from my record after two years of felony probation and retained my voting and 2A rights. The poor sot they busted after me with one small plant got 20 years in the state pen and he had to do every damn day of it. He had no money and no community support because he was new in town. A group of us made sure his wife and child had some support and he got commissary money for the 20 years he was in. Even if they get rec. weed passed here you can be sure the morons in OKC will keep some level of draconian laws in play so they can snipe those that don't keep up with the laws. And they can still profit from it on both sides of the law book.
There are still people who will never get out.

Top Bottom