• Thread starter MarsG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
Hello cannabis lovers, this is Mars Hydro, a professional led grow light manufacture from China, since 2009. So happy we can be here as a sponsor!
high-five.gif

Come to join in this thread! No matter you are a new grower or an experienced grower, no matter you are using our light or no, welcome, share your experience with us:)! Maybe you are having some problems now, tell us, I will try to help you and I believe some other growers would like to help you as well. Maybe you have some good ideas or advices, come to share with us, sharing will enlarge your happiness!:happy:

Even though we have huge market occupancy, but we still treasure every suggestion from you, because we sincerely want to keep developing our products:pompous:, and help all the growers!

thankyou2.gif
Good news: We have prepared some little gifts for our supporters , I will pick some people and send gifts every month.

Wish all of you have big harvest!
Namaste-Smiley.gif
high-five.gif
420-cheerleader.gif

Georgia,

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Hello cannabis lovers, this is Mars Hydro, a professional led grow light manufacture from China, since 2009. So happy we can be here as a sponsor!
high-five.gif

Come to join in this thread! No matter you are a new grower or an experienced grower, no matter you are using our light or no, welcome, share your experience with us:)! Maybe you are having some problems now, tell us, I will try to help you and I believe some other growers would like to help you as well. Maybe you have some good ideas or advices, come to share with us, sharing will enlarge your happiness!:happy:

Even though we have huge market occupancy, but we still treasure every suggestion from you, because we sincerely want to keep developing our products:pompous:, and help all the growers!

thankyou2.gif
Good news: We have prepared some little gifts for our supporters , I will pick some people and send gifts every month.

Namaste-Smiley.gif
high-five.gif
420-cheerleader.gif

Georgia,
Hello!

i've just start from few days with one of ur lights!
It's so good to find this topic ion the forum, i will foloow ir step by step to get or give suggestions to people who have my same light brand!

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

high-five.gif

thankyou2.gif

Namaste-Smiley.gif
high-five.gif
420-cheerleader.gif

Georgia,

good to see you guys expanding to this forum. i really like your fixtures, im running two of the mars2 400w. only complaint i have with them is they run entirely too hot. i need to run a extraction fan 24/7 just to keep temps in the mid 80s. the two panels i have are drawing close to 350w combined. i have no doubt id be able to cool a 400w HPS much easier, maybe even a 600w in my space. do you guys have any plans to address this issue ?

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
View attachment 535299 View attachment 535300 Welcome mr Mars , ur products have quite a few fans here . Me for one ,6 of your lights know with the latest one top pic , the bottom is the produce of my first . Cheers
Hi Ned Kelly, welcome to this discussion!!
420-cheerleader.gif

wow thanks for choosing our light~ Your pics look great
thumb.gif
hope to see how your new one grow, wish you great harvest again!!
Yeah maybe not so many fans here at this moment, but hopefully more and more people in THCFarmer will know about us, we r here not only for marketing promotion, also for resolving some problems while people use Led grow light, and so that we can make better light for all the growers .

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
Hello!

i've just start from few days with one of ur lights!
It's so good to find this topic ion the forum, i will foloow ir step by step to get or give suggestions to people who have my same light brand!
Hi beglianhaze, welcome welcome!!
permagrin.gif
Yeah when you meet any trouble, just let me know , I will try my best to help you out :)

Really gald to see our users here, so you just started your grow ?which strain you r growing and which light of ours you are using? Wish to see some pics of yours
Namaste-Smiley.gif

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
good to see you guys expanding to this forum. i really like your fixtures, im running two of the mars2 400w. only complaint i have with them is they run entirely too hot. i need to run a extraction fan 24/7 just to keep temps in the mid 80s. the two panels i have are drawing close to 350w combined. i have no doubt id be able to cool a 400w HPS much easier, maybe even a 600w in my space. do you guys have any plans to address this issue ?
Welcome estcoastjoe!
thankyou.gif
Thanks for your support to our light!

I'm really sorry about the confusion the lights give you. May I know what size of tent you are using? If the size of tent is not fit, it may accumulate a lot hot inside. We have made some experiment and got the feedback from some testers, with the same draw power, Led light should heat less than HPS. Because HPS needs ballast to light on, and it does need high power AC and ventilation system, all of those heat a lot, and even consumpt much more electricity power. But Led light doesn't need ballast, and you don't need to put in so powerful fan and ventilation , so it shouldn't cause more hot than HPS, and even helps to save a lot of power.

So, may I know the exact temprature when the light is on? and let us know how you set up your tent ,and which ventilation system you are using, better a pic of your tent. So that we will know if it's the problem of light or any other reason . We will try to figure out a resolution for you !:)

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Welcome estcoastjoe!
thankyou.gif
Thanks for your support to our light!

I'm really sorry about the confusion the lights give you. May I know what size of tent you are using? If the size of tent is not fit, it may accumulate a lot hot inside. We have made some experiment and got the feedback from some testers, with the same draw power, Led light should heat less than HPS. Because HPS needs ballast to light on, and it does need high power AC and ventilation system, all of those heat a lot, and even consumpt much more electricity power. But Led light doesn't need ballast, and you don't need to put in so powerful fan and ventilation , so it shouldn't cause more hot than HPS, and even helps to save a lot of power.

So, may I know the exact temprature when the light is on? and let us know how you set up your tent ,and which ventilation system you are using, better a pic of your tent. So that we will know if it's the problem of light or any other reason . We will try to figure out a resolution for you !:)

I will get pictures up tomorrow , lights are off now. I have two mars2 400w panels in a 2 x 4 x 5 tent. I have a 4inch vortex fan for exhaust , just added another for intake. Without the fan on, I would get temps in the mid to high 90's. With the fan running full speed, temps stay between 84-86, sometimes drift up to 88F.

Actual draw from both panels is around 350w. I could easily cool a 400w HPS much better with that fan. Reason I'm comparing to a 400w HID is because that's about the average size light you would use in that size tent. I still think my flowers are smaller with both panels in here compared to what they would be with a 400w HPS and it's still just as hot in there if not hotter. Doesn't seem worth it to save a extra 50watts of power

DrFever

DrFever

So what is in the plans for next gen LED lights and when is there going to be a blow out sale interested in the bigger power lights but currency exchange is killing us

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
I found a few pics on my phone. I'll get more detailed pics tomorrow if these don't do
View attachment 535457 View attachment 535458 View attachment 535459
Thanks for uploading the pics so quickly!
I'm afraid 2x4x5 tent is a little tight for all of these pots in:oops:, the air cycle is not that good, that's why temp is a little high. So please be sure But actually 86F、88F are OK degree in summer, shouldn't have problem for the grow,and summer is going away now, the temp will become lower. Also considering about temperature recorder may have tolerance. But I still suggest you to add one more fan in! ! Some people run 3 fans inside. Usually tent temps at 75~85F,80~85F should be the best. The humidity is 47% which is good.

About your doubt of the flower size, usually Led light gives exactly the right spectrums needed by the plants, cannabis can use the light more efficiently, so it may look smaller but can be more dense, so the result will be different as well, and even the taste can be different from growing by HPS. Also, the size of flower depends on the strain as well.

Led light can reduce the power consumption, the reduction is not much from light itself, but more from all the system you use for growing, by the tests, comparing same actual power HPS and LED, using LED light can save 30%~40% power. Also Led light is more convenient to use, with longer lifetime.

Hope my answer can help you~~~:shy::shy:

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Might get me one of these, its ok to use humidifiers around them?

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
So what is in the plans for next gen LED lights and when is there going to be a blow out sale interested in the bigger power lights but currency exchange is killing us
Hi DrFever
420-cheerleader.gif

Do you know our new product Mars Pro?? Its powerful one!! :P it is beautiful and really cool
wub.png
afro.gif
It is remote controled and with 128 or ree chips ( as many people know cree chip is one of the best in the world now, but really pricy :confused:) . OHHH, so I would give you guys a tips, in this market now many companies announce they r using Cree chips, but if its real, the light price can't be too low... and also Cree chips have special look, here are some pics about our Mars Pro, guys have a look!! a video of Mars pro series on Youtube:

YEAH IT'S TRUE, as a person who is using RMB but loves travel, the rate changing is a disaster for me, everything becomes more expensive abroad:hungover::hungover::hungover:
Wwww

Cree 128on
Cree256on
Cree 256leds
Cree256side

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
Might get me one of these, its ok to use humidifiers around them?
It's ok to use humidifier , but I don't suggest you to. Usually when people use our light, they don't add humidifier, cuz the the bulb of LED produce less hot than HPS, if you add humidifier, it may cause too much humidity inside tent. :D:p:p If you want to know more info or have any question of our products, pm me
thankyou.gif

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Thanks for uploading the pics so quickly!
I'm afraid 2x4x5 tent is a little tight for all of these pots in:oops:, the air cycle is not that good, that's why temp is a little high. So please be sure But actually 86F、88F are OK degree in summer, shouldn't have problem for the grow,and summer is going away now, the temp will become lower. Also considering about temperature recorder may have tolerance. But I still suggest you to add one more fan in! ! Some people run 3 fans inside. Usually tent temps at 75~85F,80~85F should be the best. The humidity is 47% which is good.

About your doubt of the flower size, usually Led light gives exactly the right spectrums needed by the plants, cannabis can use the light more efficiently, so it may look smaller but can be more dense, so the result will be different as well, and even the taste can be different from growing by HPS. Also, the size of flower depends on the strain as well.

Led light can reduce the power consumption, the reduction is not much from light itself, but more from all the system you use for growing, by the tests, comparing same actual power HPS and LED, using LED light can save 30%~40% power. Also Led light is more convenient to use, with longer lifetime.

Hope my answer can help you~~~:shy::shy:

I'm actually Using four fans, two small fans to circulate air around inside the tent. I also have two vortex fans , one for intake one for exhaust, both running at 170 cfm each. I think the air movement I have in there is more than enough. Those two inline fans alone would cool a 400 w HPS no problem, even in the summer. Every 3-5 minutes There should be total air exchange for your room. For my tent, 163 cfm does that and both my fans are rated for 170cfm each. That's not including the fans moving the air around inside so there's no problem there

I also think it's funny you say the tent being hot because it's packed with plants. I think it's the poor quality computer fans used in the panels along with the fact the 5w diodes burn hot as hell. The problem is I can't exhaust the hot air the fixture Makes faster than it makes it so the heat is building up. I'm not the only person who says this either, most people I know That own the mars2 say the same thing. My tests when I hooked the lights up initially were the same with a empty tent as they are with a tent full of plants. Only difference was RH. I'm not trying to be argumentative but please don't treat me like im a fool. I'm not new to LED lights either. I've grown with every style panel since the 1w diode ufo lights. And Take a closer look at that hygrometer , the high temp was 95 degrees which is not OK ever

I think it's just a bit misleading making the argument that you save all this extra electricity with these LED lights by not having to use the extra environment controls like fans and AC. In my tiny setup what am I really saving ? I have to run the same fans either way. I save 50 watts by using the LED panels versus a 400w HPS But in the end I'm losing yield. There's no way these panels will out yield any HID light , no way. I'd do a size by side and bet you anything im right. And we all know heat is the biggest enemy of electrical components , I'm sure these panels are not going to hold up over time at extreme temps like that. The clone I'm growing is over 30 years old and is known to be fairly large yielding So it's not the genetics either

It's not my intention to bash you guys. I supported your company but thus far I'm not very happy with my purchase. I think you should be more up front in your advertising about how much heat these things make.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I have virtually the same set up but only a sumo computer fan and mines fine . My room temp that the tent sits in is 20c or 68 f . Lights on 26c or 78f . So I'd check temp in the place its sitting and yeah I have no oscelating fans in . As in no additional air flow . Cheers
View attachment 535484 View attachment 535485

The room it's in is in my basement. It stays dark and is fairly cool. I'm telling you guys these panels kick out some heat. Do you have the mars2 ? And what wattage panels you have ?

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
Hello guys, right now I am rushing to take bus, maybe I can not reply to you on time, but I will check all and reply all on next monday!
Namaste-Smiley.gif
Hope everyone have a nice weekend!

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Hi DrFever
420-cheerleader.gif

Do you know our new product Mars Pro?? Its powerful one!! :p it is beautiful and really cool
wub.png
afro.gif
It is remote controled and with 128 or ree chips ( as many people know cree chip is one of the best in the world now, but really pricy :confused:) . OHHH, so I would give you guys a tips, in this market now many companies announce they r using Cree chips, but if its real, the light price can't be too low... and also Cree chips have special look, here are some pics about our Mars Pro, guys have a look!! a video of Mars pro series on Youtube:

YEAH IT'S TRUE, as a person who is using RMB but loves travel, the rate changing is a disaster for me, everything becomes more expensive abroad:hungover::hungover::hungover:
View attachment 535483

View attachment 535479 View attachment 535480 View attachment 535481 View attachment 535482

These look great just hope there not too pricey

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

The room it's in is in my basement. It stays dark and is fairly cool. I'm telling you guys these panels kick out some heat. Do you have the mars2 ? And what wattage panels you have ?

I have 2 Mars 2 400w . They draw 178 watts each so they seem to add 6c to room temp . I'm just running passive inlet and sumo as outlet . I keep my room at 20c so the tents don't run to cool lol. The other one runs cooler at 24 c with a Mars 2 900w so it seems the guys from home box r right there evo tents r cooler .

Either I'm just lucky or you got faulty units . Have you tried running one alone to see if ones putting out more heat ? Won't hurt the plants for a short time . Maybe a bad batch . Just for a giggle you could try 6 inch . Could be a volume prob . If you understand we're I'm going . Best of luck I understand your frustration .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom