Mars Hydro LED

• Thread starter MarsHydroLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey guys, I'm wondering whether large area growers will be willing to use LEDs as veg light? not use it for flowers, HPS/CMH is better for girls? Or just no Mars LEDs at flower?

That is not a good sign. Is your lamps color temp to high. Too blue?

Way leafy plants and flowers is one of the reasons i hesitate to commit to led. I found even the 3100k phillips cmh bulb to keep plants too compact for excellent yield because of the wide blue range.

Our flowers need a good strong red spike like hps gives. Thats why the supplemental far red has been added to all the “already best spectrum” new led lamps.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Way leafy plants and flowers is one of the reasons i hesitate to commit to led. I found even the 3100k phillips cmh bulb to keep plants too compact for excellent yield because of the wide blue range.

Our flowers need a good strong red spike like hps gives. Thats why the supplemental far red has been added to all the “already best spectrum” new led lamps.
Spoken like a true gardener my bud.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Spoken like a true gardener my bud.

I am very interested in the newest strip lights with the red diodes added. But i really dont want to build one and they are like $1700 from fluence or gavita.

I can run new bulbs in my hps lamp for years and absorb the difference in electricity at that price for my size setup too for that price.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I am very interested in the newest strip lights with the red diodes added. But i really dont want to build one and they are like $1700 from fluence or gavita.

I can run new bulbs in my hps lamp for years and absorb the difference in electricity at that price for my size setup too for that price.
That's exactly my problem small space and I"m living on a government disability. Quality vs. pocket book.

BigCube

BigCube

In a small space the more compact plants are an advantage. I really like my cmh 315 in the 3x3 tent. Pro setup. Grew me almost a pound with top quality.

Sounds familiar lol. That's what I'm running right now.

You can go even smaller too!

20191105 090753

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter

Here are our TS3000 spectrum, seems the blue is the normal range, we also add some far red, but still can't reach hps

TS3000 spectrum
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
In a small space the more compact plants are an advantage. I really like my cmh 315 in the 3x3 tent. Pro setup. Grew me almost a pound with top quality.
Yes, we just launched the TS a few months, most growers plant are still in flower stage, waiting for their harvest feedbacks, the TS300 actual power is 450w. And Timbo may share here, growing with TS3000

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here are our TS3000 spectrum, seems the blue is the normal range, we also add some far red, but still can't reach hps

For flowering i like a stronger red spike. I compared hps to hortilux blue metal halide and was dissapointed with lower yield for the same wattage. And fluffier, leafier buds.

They had the most complete sunlight spectrum until phillips made the new cmh.

315 cmh is better for flowering than mh in my opinion.

I see some 2700k led flowering lamps now out there.

But the prices of the new lamps are up to 5x more than a good hid. I dont see the value.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
For flowering i like a stronger red spike. I compared hps to hortilux blue metal halide and was dissapointed with lower yield for the same wattage. And fluffier, leafier buds.

They had the most complete sunlight spectrum until phillips made the new cmh.

315 cmh is better for flowering than mh in my opinion.

I see some 2700k led flowering lamps now out there.

But the prices of the new lamps are up to 5x more than a good hid. I dont see the value.

If just 2700k for flower, 5 times more cost, it's not worth it.
Our old light Mars II, Pro II, Reflector all add the 2700k-3000k, but we don't apply 2700k to our new TS and SP series now, TS with 3200-4200k,5200-6800k, SP with 3000~3200k, 6000~6500k
Have you used phillips leds, compare with your cmh?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If just 2700k for flower, 5 times more cost, it's not worth it.
Our old light Mars II, Pro II, Reflector all add the 2700k-3000k, but we don't apply 2700k to our new TS and SP series now, TS with 3200-4200k,5200-6800k, SP with 3000~3200k, 6000~6500k
Have you used phillips leds, compare with your cmh?

No i have not used led in my grow yet. But i know growers with hlg and amazon blurples.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
The comparison will be more interesting, we also want to find guys who can do the comparison between the hps and leds, or other brands with our leds

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
I think what i dont want is a ton of blue phosphor coated led diodes in flower.

The “white” light is no more accurate than a phosphor coated flourescent tubes light.

And seems to coax a more blue light response.
But also, there are more red. Now most LED grow light company launched the "white light" on the market, so do we, the TS and SP. "White light" is the tendency. White, with more other spectrums, and the research shows that the white have the same high efficiency as the red.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
If you interest, we can offer you a discount. Also, let's us looking forward to the next giveaways, the winner 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom