Mars hydro lights catch fire!

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
there’s reasons why theses LED’s lights are not massed produced by a reputable companies.,
though some are just starting too recently..

Trixie

Trixie

I was considering buying a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 Full Spectrum Dimmable 300W LED Grow Light for $200. I will wait now because I can't take a chance with a fire. What do you think about Bloom Plus 1000 which uses only 130 watts?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I was considering buying a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 Full Spectrum Dimmable 300W LED Grow Light for $200. I will wait now because I can't take a chance with a fire. What do you think about Bloom Plus 1000 which uses only 130 watts?
What size space are you looking to fill?

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
That's pretty crazy! FWIW I didn't even know Mars was still around and thought they went away, exposed as junk, a long time ago.🙃

I once had a light branded Blackstar and it burned up. Then another time a mini dehumidifier burned up and filled my tent with electrical smoke but no actual fire.
Bought a Flame Defender as precaution and the funny thing is since having the fire suppression tank for a while now nothing has burned up 🥴

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

scary to think you can lose your house in the process of growing a fucking plant hey, how reliable are digital ballasts?anyone have experience good or bad?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

scary to think you can lose your house in the process of growing a fucking plant hey, how reliable are digital ballasts?anyone have experience good or bad?
Switched from old school 1000 watts lights to a pair of 600’s with the digital ballast.
Burnt the roof of the garage that evening.

Every light comes with risks, some run then right in there main residence thinking there can’t be an issue.

Everyone walks the line with an of these lights.

Enjoy , good luck and hope you never have a fire as it sucks.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

That's pretty crazy! FWIW I didn't even know Mars was still around and thought they went away, exposed as junk, a long time ago.🙃

I once had a light branded Blackstar and it burned up. Then another time a mini dehumidifier burned up and filled my tent with electrical smoke but no actual fire.
Bought a Flame Defender as precaution and the funny thing is since having the fire suppression tank for a while now nothing has burned up 🥴
Yeah i moved 2 fire extinguishers into the cabinet outside my tents, i still have to order a suppression tank setup, but im moving soon so gonna have to wait.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Switched from old school 1000 watts lights to a pair of 600’s with the digital ballast.
Burnt the roof of the garage that evening.

Every light comes with risks, some run then right in there main residence thinking there can’t be an issue.

Everyone walks the line with an of these lights.

Enjoy , good luck and hope you never have a fire as it sucks.
we have 9 months growing season so im chilled with outdoor growing, i just dont like the smell to bother the hood. we have a flatlet in the garden were i currently have tenant in, when shes out ill start growing in their

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Everyone using mars hydro, check your shit. This is the second light thats done this from MH. They also dont stand behind their product as this light is only 3 weeks old and they want me to pay shipping both ways and for the parts to fix it. Damn near caught my house on fire, TWICE now. View attachment 1286950View attachment 1286951
To me it looks like the driver input connector had a faulty connection, causing it to heat up and burn. Very poor customer relations and not backing up product is bad business.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

someone will hopefully send you one for free but you may have to share your harvest!!..
everyone who grows should have a small fire extinguisher nearby..
Something I don’t have but I’ve had a couple of ballast melt downs myself so I’m def getting 1 today dunno y I haven’t already stoner brain I think👍

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Something I don’t have but I’ve had a couple of ballast melt downs myself so I’m def getting 1 today dunno y I haven’t already stoner brain I think👍
I have 2 inside a cabinet by my tents, 3 under my kitchen sink, 1 under my bathroom sink, 1 in the laundry room, and 1 next to my pellet stove. Im a little obsessive about it now that i had 2 light fires and a water heater meltdown all in the same year.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Ya get what ya pay for with them aswell mate I’ve had 2 burn up on me they cheap though never again will I use cheap ballasts again Gavita pro for me these days bloody expensive light but good quality hard to tell from pics but the inside of that ballast is all burnt up👍
233EE522 31BF 4BA3 9BC2 43E7BC78E8EC
23EA7B26 1F1B 4F29 908A CE849066D623

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I have 2 inside a cabinet by my tents, 3 under my kitchen sink, 1 under my bathroom sink, 1 in the laundry room, and 1 next to my pellet stove. Im a little obsessive about it now that i had 2 light fires and a water heater meltdown all in the same year.
Yea man I don’t know y I haven’t got 1 already getting 1 today 👍

Ponky

Ponky

MOSFET works. Proper ballasts work well. Fire Hazzard is based on the quality of the cord and ultimate assembly. Buy from a company you can sue for a house I guess. But I've never had an issue. If you run like a hundred of them you usually start losing a few a year after 3 years. But many just last without issue.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

If I had a cord look like that, no way in hell I would try another one! Glad you caught it!
Yea the ballast shorted out caused the ballast cord to melt into the power cord very lucky I was. just pays to check your shit but as we all know complacency kicks in lights come on they go off all good till it’s not👍

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yea the ballast shorted out caused the ballast cord to melt into the power cord very lucky I was. just pays to check your shit but as we all know complacency kicks in lights come on they go off all good till it’s not👍
I read the older model connectors werent even moisture resistant, so theres the problem if ya ask me. Dont build lights that are "suitable for damp locations" and not put a moisture resistant connector on the light.

P

PahPahCee

This is like the 3rd picture I’ve seen this week of mars hydro lights failing. Do yourself a favor and check your screw terminals in these connectors. I found a screw or two in my HLG fixtures that could use a little tightening as well.

Tremojem

Tremojem

I too had a problem with my TS3000. Intermittent cable connections. No fire, thank God. When I received the lamp and took note of the board connections using SMT and IMMEDIATELY took action to apply a Strain Relief Methodology to the cabling to prevent shorts and fire.

Not a fan anymore.

Side note...I posted on another forum regarding this issue and was attacked immediately for raising concerns and awareness. Admittedly, I was a bit aggressive at the beginning. I was then corrected by a moderator and immediately changed my attitude and completely atoned for my behavior, only to be continously attacked. I voluntarily asked to be removed from the forum and added it was okay to entirely remove my footprint from the site. They were sponsored by MH. So glad to be here with good people.

In closing, I am working on resolving this but don't expect anything to be done.

I will cut my losses and move on.

Just be careful with MH.

Tremojem

Tremojem

Thank you Brother, for the like.

Yea, it really hurt to see how the safety of the community was less important than the MH sponsorship.

I mean really.

After I was slapped by the moderator I immediately changed my attitude and started posting positive feedback and actually helping members with technical information and methodologies for safer operations. I apologized countless times to everyone. But a few of the members just went caustic on me. One if which was the moderator. Even after we had private conversations were I was led to believe all was good. Then out if nowhere he attacks again. I still maintained a positive attitude and continued to be a good contributor, but to no avail. Incidentally, my rant was not BAD, just solid info and warnings.

I seriously was astounded.

Then the moderator posts another attack today, where I responded with my feelings on how I was treated. I called him out regarding our private messages and informed him I requested to be voluntarily removed from the toxic site. He then responded with a half ass explanation for their behavior and asks me to stay. As I was replying, all of my footprint disappeared.

Thank God the toxicity is behind me.

I will be happy to stay here with this amazing community.

Top Bottom