mars or hlg $2000 waiting to spend

• Thread starter legitness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

As far as I can tell HLG is the only game in town that truly addresses proper spectrum. For decades we have used MH in veg for the blue and HPS in flower for the red. I'm still running mostly HID, 6600K veg/2100K flower but have a few b-spec for vegging. It seems like the value of this has gone by the wayside as tent growing under a single light source has become more popular. "Full Spectrum" is nothing more than a compromise of splitting the difference imo. It makes me wonder if maybe we placed too much value on Kelvin in the past? I see a lot of great results under these things. What am I missing?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

If u can afford Hlg you just buy thrm

u don’t debate over cheap stuff from china

kingbrite, Mars, etc does put out decent stuff but I would always keep 1-2 back ups for a big grow

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hi,
Between the two, HLG all the way, but if you want to get a truly superior lighting setup, and you have money, Electric Sky Es-300’s by Green Sunshine Company are the way to go….I used hps/mh for almost 30yrs and these are as just as good if not better. Each es-300 is 330 watts and will cover up to a 5x3 footprint, so you’d want to go with 3 of them. They are out of Oregon, USA, and have superior customer service, hell they’ll call you n discuss your setup n soil n everything about your grow to try n help you out of you want. The owner Dan, writes a lot of reply emails himself. They do live tutorials n stuff with q and a sessions and all kinds shit. Personally, I think they’re one of the best lights out today.
What lights did you try from HLG?
Edit: I just looked up the es300 light and its $700 for a 330 watts. They also dont list what diodes or driver they use....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom