Massive Bloom By Green Planet

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

recently purchased can't find how often to use (1x week, 2x's a wk ?) - amounts are 200ml per gallon. also found out that one needs to reduce their base nutrients by 20%, this stuff must be strong, doesn't look like it has any PGR's in it. Thanks

Trimbin

Trimbin

Premium Member
Supporter
Massive is not a PGR, however the triacontanol inside is a plant stimulator and that's great to use during flowering for the weeks two through eight. I prefer 2-5ml/g in soil because it still gives some size and density but doesn't change flavor or affect ripening too much. I have seen 10-20 ml/g work well, in hydro. What's the application?

H

hawkman

Massive is not a PGR, however the triacontanol inside is a plant stimulator and that's great to use during flowering for the weeks two through eight. I prefer 2-5ml/g in soil because it still gives some size and density but doesn't change flavor or affect ripening too much. I have seen 10-20 ml/g work well, in hydro. What's the application?

Soil - recommended amounts of 20ml /gallon but going to start out with 10ml once bud development starts (in pre-flower stage) \ should I use in veg ? thoughts ?? guess I should if it's a plant additive

H

hawkman

Dont use it in Veg, the giberelic acid will make the plant stretch like the dickens. I add it once I see buds forming. I'm going to run it at 10ml per gallon and slowly increase up to a max of 15ml per gallon. I fear foxtails lol.
Thanks - not going to use till inflower

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I'm curious why you recommend the lower dose in soil vs hydro? how would it change flavour or affect ripening? I'm on my first run with it, never used it before though I have a good understanding of its ingredients and how they work. I'm using proterra soiless amended with worm castings and a little organic 4-4-4.

I dont have a dosage plan nailed down yet. But I'm using 10ml/g right now and seeing explosive growth. Pretty interesting because I'm very familiar with how my plants usually grow. The one thing I do know is I'll want to cut it out for the last 2-3 weeks or so. Last thing I want is muppet looking foxtails.

H

hawkman

it enhances the plants tepene, essential oils ,ect _BUT __ in all reality it the strain; it's in the genes if it a strain that has very good terep'e ,ect it will blow it up -- but if you use on a low terpe plant it will worr but only in that's plant profile ALL SO the cultivator plays a part in this It does not cause fox-tails ;one thing that does is high heat intensity and overgrowing

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
it enhances the plants tepene, essential oils ,ect _BUT __ in all reality it the strain; it's in the genes if it a strain that has very good terep'e ,ect it will blow it up -- but if you use on a low terpe plant it will worr but only in that's plant profile ALL SO the cultivator plays a part in this It does not cause fox-tails ;one thing that does is high heat intensity and overgrowing
Huh. I've just read quite a bit from well respected growers, including Seamaiden that used late in flower it can cause funky mutations and foxtails from the triacontanol and gibberellins in it. Gibberellins are PGR's that stretch node spacing so It makes sense that enough of it would cause foxtails...

Anyway, first time using it so I guess I'll have to experiment with it myself.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Massive absolutely does contain PGR's. Gibberellins are one of the most widely used PGR's in horticulture.

H

hawkman

don't know what to do -- but if it's unhealthy guess I'n not going to use it ???????????????????????? wonder why it's on the market for use. Money talks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
don't know what to do -- but if it's unhealthy guess I'n not going to use it ???????????????????????? wonder why it's on the market for use. Money talks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't say its unhealthy, Its just a PGR. Gibberellins and auxins are used extensively in horticulture for a lot of crops. Consuming those crops wont have adverse health effects. If you've ever eaten grapes or apples, or drank beer or eaten bread, there is a very strong chance you have already consumed a lot of PGR. I'm using it at the moment. No fear.

H

hawkman

I wouldn't say its unhealthy, Its just a PGR. Gibberellins and auxins are used extensively in horticulture for a lot of crops. Consuming those crops wont have adverse health effects. If you've ever eaten grapes or apples, or drank beer or eaten bread, there is a very strong chance you have already consumed a lot of PGR. I'm using it at the moment. No fear.
Thanks - let me look back therre were a few companies that I contacted Soil Balance and Mammonth - sent mail to each about PGR's --- Monanothe answered and said no they do not ; they contain "microbes" and Soil balance deals with the root and products for, AT least that is what I was told --mssive bloom said the "tarniclana) which si make organicly by brewing alfalfa out of the three I'm ? anout Massive Bloom but ut is one of their best sellers RGR is serious stuff all farmers (monsanto,ect) all used it till some year ago so it is a serious thing. Soil Balance wrks miricals but it's expensive $28.00 for 10 grams and you have to brew it at present have terpinator, soil balance, massive bloom, and if one used soil balance don't use mammontht or massive bloom WILL CHECK NOTES TO SEE WHICH IS THE CORRECT ONE blieve it's Mammonth

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks - let me look back therre were a few companies that I contacted Soil Balance and Mammonth - sent mail to each about PGR's --- Monanothe answered and said no they do not ; they contain "microbes" and Soil balance deals with the root and products for, AT least that is what I was told --mssive bloom said the "tarniclana) which si make organicly by brewing alfalfa out of the three I'm ? anout Massive Bloom but ut is one of their best sellers RGR is serious stuff all farmers (monsanto,ect) all used it till some year ago so it is a serious thing. Soil Balance wrks miricals but it's expensive $28.00 for 10 grams and you have to brew it at present have terpinator, soil balance, massive bloom, and if one used soil balance don't use mammontht or massive bloom WILL CHECK NOTES TO SEE WHICH IS THE CORRECT ONE blieve it's Mammonth
Green planet uses triacontanol extracted from bee waste for use in Massive, not alfalfa. Triacontanol is technically a mild natural PGR, it allows the plant to utilize Co2 more efficiently. Gibberellin which is in Massive, is also a naturally occurring PGR.

Where PGRs got their bad rep from was the use of synthetic PGR's which are largely banned for use in agriculture these days. Stuff like Paclobutrazol, Chlormequat chloride, Daminozide, and Uniconazole. You wouldn't want to use those PGR's. But Gibberellin and triacontanol... No big deal.

H

hawkman

Green planet uses triacontanol extracted from bee waste for use in Massive, not alfalfa. Triacontanol is technically a mild natural PGR, it allows the plant to utilize Co2 more efficiently. Gibberellin which is in Massive, is also a naturally occurring PGR.

Where PGRs got their bad rep from was the use of synthetic PGR's which are largely banned for use in agriculture these days. Stuff like Paclobutrazol, Chlormequat chloride, Daminozide, and Uniconazole. You wouldn't want to use those PGR's. But Gibberellin and triacontanol... No big deal.

There is the ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! use it - going to but just in flower But I believe Mammonth shouldn't be use whit Massive Bloom if I remember (Mammonth 2x's a week Massive Bloom ?? (x's per week ?)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There is the ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! use it - going to but just in flower But I believe Mammonth shouldn't be use whit Massive Bloom if I remember (Mammonth 2x's a week Massive Bloom ?? (x's per week ?)

Massive can be fed with every watering. or once a week, whatever floats yer boat. Personally I dont like my NPK value changing much, so I use it at half strength every feeding rather than alternating products in my Res.

I'm not familiar with mammoth, but I also dont like congesting my fertilizer with too much stuff. Often there is overlap and you can easily double dose something unless you know exactly everything that is in everything. Could be massive and mammoth both contain several of the same ingredients.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well a little update...

Second watering with massive and my Bubba kush is stretching quite a bit, which is odd because this cut doesnt normally stretch. It's the real deal pre-98 and usually has to be vegged to the size you want. So the gibberellin in there is the real deal. I'm very curious to see how this plays out because I dont mind and actually welcome a bit of stretch. I grow semi stadium style and the plants get light on an angle, so the stretch will allow better light penetration and more airflow, as well as more room for the buds to develop.

Interesting stuff..

H

hawkman

Well a little update...

Second watering with massive and my Bubba kush is stretching quite a bit, which is odd because this cut doesnt normally stretch. It's the real deal pre-98 and usually has to be vegged to the size you want. So the gibberellin in there is the real deal. I'm very curious to see how this plays out because I dont mind and actually welcome a bit of stretch. I grow semi stadium style and the plants get light on an angle, so the stretch will allow better light penetration and more airflow, as well as more room for the buds to develop.

Interesting stuff..

Just remember cut your other nutrients when you use Massive Bloom ( cut by 1/4) in flower - good to know if one wants a bit more streach in veg

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just remember cut your other nutrients when you use Massive Bloom ( cut by 1/4) in flower - good to know if one wants a bit more streach in veg

For sure. I feed an EC of around 1.4-1.5.... Of that, 1.2 ec is base nutrients, 0.2-0.3 is massive. I'll probably go up as high as 1.6 with these strains. And I'll probably taper back the base nutrients a little bit and up the massive once they stop stretching.

H

hawkman

For sure. I feed an EC of around 1.4-1.5.... Of that, 1.2 ec is base nutrients, 0.2-0.3 is massive. I'll probably go up as high as 1.6 with these strains. And I'll probably taper back the base nutrients a little bit and up the massive once they stop stretching.

So you are using in veg ? right ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So you are using in veg ? right ?

Massive? No I started adding it around day 10 of flower when I saw buds starting to form. But next run I'm going to wait until closer to day 21, to try and cut back on some of this stretch. A bit of stretch is good, but this is a bit much.

I wouldn't use it in Veg. Your plants will hit the ceiling in no time.

Top Bottom