Massive Bloom Formulation From Green Planet

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Massive is great but should be cut out the last three weeks of flower theres to many hormones and extra crap u dont need that late in flower thats going to give u weird nubs and foxtails on your flowers.

Its the only product I'd use from there line the rest of it is to broken down and redundant, how many times can you feed triacontanol, sugars, aminos, vitamins and fulvics to your plants.

It looks like they pulled the Brix Plus from there line which is good cause to me that product discredited the whole line, it had triacontanol, aminos, vitamins and fulvics in it too of course but was basically a post harvest sugar water u sprayed on your flowers to add weight.

Last edited:
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Massive is great but should be cut out the last three weeks of flower theres to many hormones and extra crap u dont need that late in flower thats going to give u weird nubs and foxtails on your flowers.

Its the only product I'd use from there line the rest of it is to broken down and redundant, how many times can you feed triacontanol, sugars, aminos, vitamins and fulvics to your plants.

It looks like they pulled the Brix Plus from there line which is good cause to me that product discredited the whole line, it had triacontanol, aminos, vitamins and fulvics in it too of course but was basically a post harvest sugar water u sprayed on your flowers to add weight.

Have you ever run this line?! It rocks, bro. I agree with too much late in flower, but you just sound like a hater here. The Brix Plus is NOT a post-harvest spray; it's for the final couple weeks.

I don't work for GP, but you are just hating without posting any real data.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73818

Theres your data, its a review of someone using Brix Plus on dried flowers, they may of recently taken the dry flowers part off the instructions so people would stop giving them shit about flogging such a crappy product but as u can see from the link its been around for years labeled differently in different parts of the world but its the same crappy sugar water that people all over the world spray on there dried flowers to add weight...

Have I ran there whole line? Fuck no, l dont run anybody's whole line l buy what l need, different companies have different strong points, im not going to sit here and tell u whats in each bottle but anyone can look at the ingredients they list and tell you its redundant ingredients, you tell me how many of there product's have triacontanol, aminos and carbohydrates in them? Why should u need to by several bottles to get the levels of those ingredients you need ? Its just another strung out line like AN but with more redundant ingredients, im sure it does grow great buds but fuck all those bottles.

Last edited:
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

It looks like Brix Plus, Finisher, Liquid W8 and Karbo Boost are all pretty much sugar water products with some triacontanol, aminos and enzymes. Im not trying to hate it just looks redundant thats all im saying. Plus whats in Massive besides PK? it couldn't be triacontanol, aminos, enzymes and carbohydrates could it?

In my eyes you shouldn't need a cal mag product if u have a complete base and they have a fulvic and a humic, why not combine those two or better yet put those in the base or one of the many other additives. Sure they grow amazing plants but they definitely milk your pocket book in the process.

Last edited:
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Lol, based on that thread, I wouldn't touch the Brix Plus.

This thread is about Massive.

GP is much cheaper here in Colorado than many other lines.
99% of people growing cannabis are using waaaaay too many nutrients to begin with, so I do agree with you on on that tip. And I also agree that many lines have waaay too many specialty products that are better at boosting their bank account than boosting your grow.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

ya i must agree, i dont run whole lines either, personally i think the base nutes are the easiest to get, i like my dry salts for base....but i do like to buy additives and stimulatorsq

if your using a base for grow, and another for bloom, then i would like to think that they could atleast make them complete to the point that you dont need any additives because they are already in the base nutes...but i use one base nute from start to finnish, so it is with additives i get my desired npk

so far im liking the massive...on my second batch with it...first batch i started using it around week 4 and seen results in 3 days, big results....this run i started using around beginning of week 2....i do not like the effects, buts are taller and thiner, look kinda weird...def not like they should....so on my 3rd room i decided to delay using it until around day 26.

as for finnisher, im not sure whats in the product....they say to use it the last 4 weeks of flower, but they say you get even better results if you use it from week 2 on....dont sound right to me...so i decided with the little sample bottle i got ill wait til last 2-2.5 weeks or so...

as for the liquid w8...the shit just smells like watered down molasses...no joke...

the liquid w8 directions say 1ml/L where as the other additives are 5ml/L

Last edited:
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

ok well after cutting about half, maybe just over half of my room.....my drying racks are as full as they usually are when i didnt use massive....i am sold on this product...usually under a 6 light patch i clear about 6-7#'s with my strain....but right now its looking like 7-8#'s and i still got about 40% of the room left to chop...at the cheap price, i dont think i will be using any other bloom products in the future...im sold on this shit like you wouldnt believe...now i just need to convince my store to get the big bottles...they dont have anything bigger than 4L right now

some things work, somethings dont work, and some things work better than others....but when you can get a product that really kills it and is cheaper than most, i think i found a winner for me

Tnelz

Tnelz

ok well after cutting about half, maybe just over half of my room.....my drying racks are as full as they usually are when i didnt use massive....i am sold on this product...usually under a 6 light patch i clear about 6-7#'s with my strain....but right now its looking like 7-8#'s and i still got about 40% of the room left to chop...at the cheap price, i dont think i will be using any other bloom products in the future...im sold on this shit like you wouldnt believe...now i just need to convince my store to get the big bottles...they dont have anything bigger than 4L right now

some things work, somethings dont work, and some things work better than others....but when you can get a product that really kills it and is cheaper than most, i think i found a winner for me
Hey Joe just curious when you are starting to use massive. Day 1 of bloom or a couple weeks in. I'm at 2 weeks and plan to start it on my next water which will be day 2 of week 3. Positive vibes to u bro.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i started using it in week 2-3 of a 75 day strain...basically when i start seeing the buds form, like the little white hairs start bunching together and just start forming the buds....before that, im still using veg nutes for the first 2 weeks of flower, i like to take advantage of the increased metabolism during the stretch and get my plants to boost in size before they really start to flower

emeralddream

emeralddream

This thread is so old, sorry for bumping it again, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth!

I agree a whole lot with a lot of the concerns brought up in this thread. I'm familiar with GPN, and I agree somewhat that a lot of the nutrient lines are just way too redundant, but it's more about finding products that work for you in your own nutrient regime. Like, it's great to have additives in your base nutrients, as it helps you get the best yield possible, but also it's important to understand what your plants need in particular. What works for one grower may not work at all for you.

So, with that said, I wouldn't go out and use every single product Green Planet puts out in my reservoir, but I'll certainly look at what my plants need before going out and getting nutes. Massive is a great product that has shown tons of results, but during the last 3 weeks of bloom I'd either use half the amount I was using before, or switch it out for Finisher (another organically-derived bloom booster by GPN), as a lot of people have been saying that Massive can cause fox tails and other problems caused from an over-abundance of hormones. Finisher has less ingredients, not as much steroid (still contains Triacontanol) and it can be used during the last 1 week flush cycle before harvest... just a little extra boost. I've never used it during flush, but I've heard some growers like to.

All in all, every grow is different as every grower is different. It all depends on your methods, your bases, your adds, etc. :)

Madmax

Madmax

I was just observing my gals tonite and have noticed since using massive start of week 6 to help stretch out the canna boost i have left... i have new growth and foxtails starting even on plants 26' away from light and down through the canopy so i thought is it massive...well after reading this im certain it is and not the light..

mikeross

mikeross

I was just observing my gals tonite and have noticed since using massive start of week 6 to help stretch out the canna boost i have left... i have new growth and foxtails starting even on plants 26' away from light and down through the canopy so i thought is it massive...well after reading this im certain it is and not the light..
Cause you started using Massive in week 6... that's the week most people cut Massive out.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Doing my research on it now and I know I had a reveg issue last grow, and am quite sure its eliminated due to compared pictures of that grow at week 5 and mine at week 5. Yet I got abnormal growth for sure. I think I ran it low on a specific nutrient which caused stunted growth, or i have hops, or something else lol, lots of things cause stunted growth. Yet after a fresh batch of juice, she took off, well 90% of the buds did. The growth is abnormal in my opinion, yet compared to others on here, not so much lol. Ive seen what people call normal and ok on here, mine isnt to far off and most would say I have no issues. It just seems like ive been doing more frequent res changes, and giving them more stress. . or wait. . hmmm. .see it could be that too. Would an instant drop in root zone temp from say 73.5 down to 70f cause stunted growth, then my heater slowly heats up the water. That happens after top offs and res changes. idk,, to many variables. I do still have some light leaks in the main room. I doubt any light has made it into my tent if were being honest, unlike last grow. I have a few nail holes that need tape, ,but i dont even enter the bedroom if lights are off in the grow room. idk just fishy. Im ending week 6 coming up, but im at 90% white hairs in my tent, I want growth but I dont want wasted time. My vegged plants are not big enough for transplant for prolly 3 weeks. I guess I will take the advice and cut massive here in a few days and do another res change. I need a water heater in my holding tank to prevent this fluctuation. I just dont like to see those fat leafs blasting out of the buds. I cant really explain it. . its just funky asf. Like stress but almost reveg without the stretching. . who knows

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Same thing happened to me, tons of leaves at the end and seed pods were shaping up real fast at the end particularly on the second harvest. Freaking nightmare trimming all the little leaves coming out of the buds

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Same thing happened to me, tons of leaves at the end and seed pods were shaping up real fast at the end particularly on the second harvest. Freaking nightmare trimming all the little leaves coming out of the buds
Makes a guy wonder. I mean generally the top leafs stop providing photosynthis to the nearest buds because they become frosted over correct? Nothing can blast through. . but then the massive is like no bitch, your gonna grow. . so leafs blast out of the dense zones, then foxtailing. So im guessing the prevention is to have 0 issues with your grow during this process, 0. Then perhaps it will all grow perfect but if you slow that growth mid flower. . here comes the leafs? Idk. . like they trim off easy enough, the buds are rock hard and massive. I really dunno wtf to do. I guess ill just keep using it but trying to prevent slowed growth. I need a better top off system. I need to test my NPK more often, need heater in holding tank, little more light proofing. Need a damn battery reserve because the power has went out twice. Yesterday I went in there and one of my lights was off, kicked the outlet, I think i need a new one. Idk how it can be pulling to many amps. Just yea. . fun fun.. .

Madmax

Madmax

Cause you started using Massive in week 6... that's the week most people cut Massive out.
Yeah week 6 was really week 4 since bud onset as i go by when i see the buds not from flip so still had a few weeks to go .

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

If your breaker is not tripping you have a bad plug, seen those crack before and short

Top Bottom