Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohgee kush

ohgee kush

I have heard good things about those three.

I use Cyco Silica instead of Fasilitor. The Cyco cost me about $23 for 1 liter and it has plant available monosilicic acid. The Fasilitor has monosilicic acid, boron,molybdenum. Lab grade boric acid is only a few bucks.

I wish more people would do side by sides. I wonder how Cyco Silica would compare to the fasilitor?

I use fasilitor. I have the cyco silica but never thought of doing a side by side.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

20141008 132153
Well my aptus came sooner than expected

N

nightmarecreature

I hope I don't mess these up. I put 6 drops of bleach per gallon and I put 3 gallons in it. It smells pretty strong of bleach. I put RO water in it because my tap has a really high PH and I have to use a crap load of PH down to get it in the hydro range.

R

redlife215

I use start r but can't really say how good it works, I really like the mills line as a whole tho and plan on doing all my indoor with mills

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I hope I don't mess these up. I put 6 drops of bleach per gallon and I put 3 gallons in it. It smells pretty strong of bleach. I put RO water in it because my tap has a really high PH and I have to use a crap load of PH down to get it in the hydro range.
LOL What!? You put bleach into a cloner with cuttings? Has this worked before? It only takes a minute amount to fry plants...

N

nightmarecreature

LOL What!? You put bleach into a cloner with cuttings? Has this worked before? It only takes a minute amount to fry plants...

Yeah it works. I've tried using different bennies and all I get is slime. If I use tap water, I only use 3 drops of bleach per gallon. With RO I use 6-8 drops per gallon. The problem is the bleach I used was lavender scented. Ive never used Lavender scented bleach before but they look great after 24hrs. The lavender bleach smells stronger.

If you use bleach in your cloner, make sure to run it for atleast 30min before putting any cutting in it.

N

nightmarecreature

1. EPA.GOV
  2. If you can't boil water, you can disinfect it using household bleach. Bleach will kill some, but not all, types of disease-causing organisms that may be in the water. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for disinfection. Add 1⁄8 teaspoon (or 8 drops) of regular, unscented, liquid household bleach for each gallon of water, stir it well and let it stand for 30 minutes before you use it. Store disinfected water in clean containers with covers.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

1. EPA.GOV
  2. If you can't boil water, you can disinfect it using household bleach. Bleach will kill some, but not all, types of disease-causing organisms that may be in the water. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for disinfection. Add 1⁄8 teaspoon (or 8 drops) of regular, unscented, liquid household bleach for each gallon of water, stir it well and let it stand for 30 minutes before you use it. Store disinfected water in clean containers with covers.
Ya, I understand it's sterilizing ability but what I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is applying it to anything that would come into contact with plant tissue or root matter.

I'd rather use Mad Farmer's new Hydrogen Peroxide, it's 35% concentrated and not nearly as harmful as bleach.

"The most common brand of bleach, Clorox, is 6% sodium hypochlorite and has a pH of 12.6."

Sodium Hypochlorite can produce Hydrochloric Acid, both have damaging effects on chlorophyll and the plants ability to photosynthesize.

Just a risky product to use when working with plants, my .2 cents - to each their own!

N

nightmarecreature

Ya, I understand it's sterilizing ability but what I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is applying it to anything that would come into contact with plant tissue or root matter.

I'd rather use Mad Farmer's new Hydrogen Peroxide, it's 35% concentrated and not nearly as harmful as bleach.

"The most common brand of bleach, Clorox, is 6% sodium hypochlorite and has a pH of 12.6."

Sodium Hypochlorite can produce Hydrochloric Acid, both have damaging effects on chlorophyll and the plants ability to photosynthesize.

Just a risky product to use when working with plants, my .2 cents - to each their own!

University's have done experiments with feeding plants pool water with no ill effects. Pools have more chlorine than my cloner uses.

The longer the bleach is in my cloner, the more chlorine evaporates.

I PHed my cloner at 5.5-6.0. Im not worried about it being Basic.

alligator

alligator

ordered mine today.
I'm surprised so many people think it's expensive- It's half the price of roots accelerator & same price as rapid start.

Question- what's the consistency like? muddy like roots accel or rapid start?
I use dutchmaster zone(copper sulfate) in my rez's, and when using the muddy root boosters it leaves a horrible ring of funk around the water line... to where i think zone cancels out it's effectiveness

N

nightmarecreature

ordered mine today.
I'm surprised so many people think it's expensive- It's half the price of roots accelerator & same price as rapid start.

Question- what's the consistency like? muddy like roots accel or rapid start?
I use dutchmaster zone(copper sulfate) in my rez's, and when using the muddy root boosters it leaves a horrible ring of funk around the water line... to where i think zone cancels out it's effectiveness

Nope, it leaves no brown muck or stained roots. Its very clean. Its clear amber and smells sweet like honey.

Im using RO water to test for white crust once my cloner is dry. Tap water always leaves white crust because my tap has high ppm.

Top Bottom