Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I don't know what kind of shit your trying to say Oscar with the RE I'm potting in 7 day's an others have shared results period! Even the people that did it in rock wool were potting bye day 12! I Have read nothing but bad reviews on the RX but I'm still willing to give it a run and if it doesn't perform like the RE does then I'll personal give it too you since you are getting the results you want!!!!

It simply Bro what part are you not understanding about my post, it has nothing to do with RX, RE any clone food or gel, It has to do with the way you guys are bullshitting days and how many a days till you have roots. Just as others have posted earlier in this thread day 1 is when the clone goes into the cloner and the last day is when you pull it, pretty simple. Has nothing to do with products, has to do with everyone being on the same page as to how we count the days

Reactions: rvd
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

So answer this question is everybody bull shitting days? Lmfao Billy boat Wayne, lollipop man and every one?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
So answer this question is everybody bull shitting days? Lmfao Billy boat Wayne, lollipop man and every one?
Again my post is talking about how everyone is counting days differently, we need to pick one method of counting for this thread to work, either everyone counts from the day it goes into cloner witch is the way I thought most people were counting or you can count from when you see bumps witch is not accurate b/c you still had the cloner running x amount of days before the bumps ever show, that's the point I'm tring to make here

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Again my post is talking about how everyone is counting days differently, we need to pick one method of counting for this thread to work, either everyone counts from the day it goes into cloner witch is the way I thought most people were counting or you can count from when you see bumps witch is not accurate b/c you still had the cloner running x amount of days before the bumps ever show, that's the point I'm tring to make here
Please show me where I said from the bumps I believe NMC said that! An I hear what your saying about the days! But it was funny the same people saying that before they tried the RE weren't saying after they used the RE! But as I stated before of you have a product that works for you then your ahead of the game! I don't give a shit about how big the roots are in 14 an so on all i care about is getting them potted so asap so I can turn off my machine!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

i get roots in 4-5 days using Power clone solution in a turbokloner,
View attachment 450663

Ive been testing out the H16Roots, it did nothing for my plants.

Aptus makes great stuff, but as far as the Startboost and RE, they seem to be neck and neck so far. The Startboost is nearly double the price.

Here's the type of cuts we are working with. Its common sense that the health of the mom is important. This is not a reveg. This cut was hit with a fungicide at too high a dose and caused it to autoflower. The RE is helping these clones get roots.

View attachment 451799 View attachment 451800

I gotta admit. I was hoping the Root Enhance was just another product that was a waste of money as I hate hype.. But im definitely seeing roots a couple days faster using it. I actually got roots busting out the bottom of the rockwool cube of a male Alien Kush cut 4 days from sticking it in the cube! Which is the fastest I've ever seen! The biggest improvement im seeing is thicker stronger roots vs just filtered(Tall Boy filter) tap water.
And Oscar when an why this thread was started is the cuts were hit with a strong fungicide an the plant's looked like broccoli an we were still getting roots it was clearly posted but here is a picture! An now everything is healthy and fungus free an still rooting fast! But I believe maniac grower was very clear from day 1 and when he got roots in rock wool! And I have been wanting to try power clone because of how fast aligee is getting roots with it!

N

nightmarecreature

Here's another issue. Old Clone only OGs dont produce roots like new seed finds without the RE. 95% of my strains are pure old school clone only.

With newer seed finds, I get massive roots with plain water. Just a hand full of people on here are working with 25 year old cuts. The GSC forum cut has roots in 3-5 days from being put in the cloner, its only a few years old, therefore it roots fast. My hydrostore told me to not buy Clone RX, thats just what they told me.

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

I want to start by thanking you to you my fellow farmers for sharing your cloning processes, techniques, equipment, ideas, and wisdom. More specifically, what you have found to work and what you have found not to work.

My motivation for checking out this thread to begin with was the desire to improve my cloning skills/results. This posting (my posting) started as being inspired by Oscar’s test of RX Life Cloning Solutions, the only cloning solution that is mentioned in this thread that I hadn’t tried…. and the fact that his results were better than mine.

Lastly, I am sharing this info with the intent to pay it forward. For those, who like me came to “the farm” seeking to learn from others.
Living in Gratitude of my fellow farmers and their contribution to my evolution as a grower!

Items Used in this Test:

Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mint "mother" to take clones from
Fiskar 1 7/8" Micro Tip Pruning Snip
Scalpel
Cutting Board (Sterile)
Isopropyl Alcohol
Cup for holding alcohol used in sterilizing the cutting board and instruments
Clean Paper Towel
Nutrients: RX Life Cloning Gel, RX Life Cloning Solution, Cultured Solutions “Veg A & B”, Cultured Solutions “Roots”, pH Up, pH Down, Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water pH 5.5
Aeroponic Cloner: EZCloner 30 Place
Light: 2 Foot, Four Bulb (Blue Spectrum), Fluorescent Grow Light

IMG 2873

Getting Started:

Before anything, clean and disinfect all tools and cutting board with Alcohol.

I generally start with 16” well developed cuttings – with at a minimum, 5 nodes if not more on the top 2/3’s of the cutting. The closer the nodes are together, the better.

I take cuttings from the bottom of the plant as they have more rooting hormones than branches toward the top and have proven to grow roots faster than cuttings taken from the top of the plant. However, clones taken from any part of the plant will work.

I like large cuttings that have lots of new growth.

Transforming a Cutting to a Clone:

I only want vegetation growing on the top 1/3 of the clone when finished. All other energy the clone expends should be directed at root growth. I leave the top 1/3 with as much new growth as possible so that the clone will grow quickly once it develops roots.

Using the Micro Tip Pruning Snips, I defoliate the cutting. This includes trimming any leaf longer than 1” down to 1”. By clipping the tips of the leaves, the clone doesn’t over-exert herself trying to turn light into food, when she should be focused on roots. Remove all vegetation on the main stem below the top 1/3” of the cutting. (NOTE: I am constantly cleaning the Snips & Scalpel with alcohol. Storing them in alcohol when not in use. Taking the clean paper towel and drying the cutting tools prior to touching any plant material)

IMG 2875

Then I use the scalpel, find the largest node on the bottom of the cutting stem and cut the stem at 45 degree angels directly under that node (this will help the cutting heal faster). I find that nodes root faster than stem with no node.

IMG 2879

IMG 2882

Next I split the bottom 1” of the stem with 4 cuts, exposing more “raw” rooting surface

IMG 2885

(NOTE: I use a scalpel or razor blade to cut the bottom of the stem. I don’t use pruning snips to cut the stem where I want rooting to take place because the snips as snips tend to crush the stem, blocking the ability of the stem veins to absorb water at the cut)

Place the marijuana clone immediately in the container containing RO water pH 5.5.

Preparing the EZCloner

Using the RX Life Cloning Solution (which is very acidic), nutrients (15 ml/gal) are added to RO Water

The Cloner is turned on and tested to make sure it is operating properly, mixing the nutrients at the same time. Once nutrients are thoroughly mixed, pH is tested and adjusted to 5.5

Clones are brought to the cloner and one by one the stems are removed from the RO Water they have been waiting in, dried, dipped in the RX Life Cloning Gel, collar placed around the clone and inserted into the cloner. I try and leave at least the bottom 3” of the clone into the ezcloner for rooting.

IMG 2889

(NOTE: I don’t use a shot glass to hold cloning gel as I find it is too wasteful. That practice is based in the idea of spreading bacteria into the original rooting hormone container. Instead I use extreme hygiene in the clone prep process and dip directly into the original gel container.)

Daily EZCloner Maintenance During Rooting

Air Temperatures are maintained at 76 to 80 degrees. Humidity is between 60 & 80%. Nutrient temperatures are maintained at 70 degrees F. I believe clones need water through their leaves right now, because their roots haven't formed. Even though humidity helps, I mist the cuttings a few times a day until they start forming roots.

Some growers don't use any grow lights at all for the first 1-2 days while clones get settled. Other growers do give light right from the beginning. I take my cuttings from mother plants in veg who are already on a 18/6 (Light/Dark) schedule. I maintain the same exact schedule for the cuttings thru the cloning process and ultimately back into veg. I have found this to produce my personal best results.

For the first week, every day I check to ensure that my equipment is functioning properly, clean the nutrient filter and make pH adjustments as needed.

Within 5 days, I have roots starting to consistently be formed on all stems in the cloning machine and generally there are at least one or two roots per stem that are 4 to 5 inches long.

On day 6 or 7, I flush the nutrient tank. This starts with removing the container holding the nutrients, dumping, cleaning and sterilizing it. After returning the container, I refill with fresh RO water and turn the circulation pump back on. Once the ezcloner is circulating the clean RO Water, I add Cultured

Solutions “Roots” at (5 ml/gal) and allow to circulate and mix in the cloner.

After the CS Roots has mixed, I add CS Veg A&B with a target ppm of 130 ppm on the 7 scale. Once nutrients are thoroughly mixed, pH is tested and adjusted to 5.8

Now I am back into daily maintenance mode. Checking the ppm’s, keeping them between 130 & 140 and pH at 5.8

(NOTE: The reason I adjust the pH to 5.8 is that the hormone in the rooting gel and cloning solution has already removed the epidural layer of the stem. Now I am wanting to nurture growth and feed the clone with its new roots. The CS Roots stimulates all root growth from here.)

Results!

Here are my best results after two tests with the RX Life Cloning Solution and Gel.

In the first test with RX Life solutions, I only used the RX Life Cloning Solution. The stems were not treated with a gel or powder. In this test, it took 12 days to produce stippling and first roots in the 4 to 5 inch range.

In the second test with RX Life Solutions, the only change made in the experiment was that I used the RX Life Cloning Solution and RX Life Cloning Gel.

Utilizing the gel cut my rooting time from 12 days to 5 days. At this point, some gardeners would transplant the clones.

The reason I flush, clean and add Cultured Solutions “Roots” and “Veg A&B” is for good reason. By day 12 from first taking cuttings, I have 16” stems with 16” fully formed roots that are consuming 30 ppm’s of nutrient solution per day. Think about this…… 30 stems consuming 30 ppm’s of nutrient solution per day, 12 days after cutting. This is new for me and pretty exciting.

In both tests, I placed 5 stems which were not split (prepared to the point prior to being split) in with 25 stems that were split. Also….. I have found that the stems that are split consistently produce 10 times more root growth in the same amount of time as the stems that aren’t split.

Happy cloning everyone! Please don’t hesitate to comment or ask questions.

IMG 2890

IMG 2892

IMG 2892

IMG 2894

IMG 2900

IMG 2901

IMG 2902

IMG 2903

IMG 2907

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

I have a 25 year old OG. Mini roots on day 2 from being cut from the mom.

Zurich you have a good system going and you do nice work. The problem is, these are recent seed finds and I get the same results with water and no cloning gels. Big cuts plus recent seed finds is a win, clone RX or no Clone RX.

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

I have a 25 year old OG. Mini roots on day 2 from being cut from the mom.

Zurich you have a good system going and you do nice work. The problem is, these are recent seed finds and I get the same results with water and no cloning gels. Big cuts plus recent seed finds is a win, clone RX or no Clone RX.

Thank you Nightmare.

This is not an advertisement or promotion for any product. Not here to argue or agitate. Just to share and learn.

The clones are cut from a 2.5 year old GSC Thin Mint mother plant that was grown from seed.

This is the best result I have been able to produce and exactly how I was able to produce that result. This is the first time I have lifted the "kimono" so to speak. All my secret sauce is out there! :-)

It sounds like you are producing better results than I am and I would love to learn from you.

Please do share! :-)

N

nightmarecreature

Thank you Nightmare.

This is not an advertisement or promotion for any product. Not here to argue or agitate. Just to share and learn.

The clones are cut from a 2.5 year old GSC Thin Mint mother plant that was grown from seed.

This is the best result I have been able to produce and exactly how I was able to produce that result. This is the first time I have lifted the "kimono" so to speak. All my secret sauce is out there! :)

It sounds like you are producing better results than I am and I would love to learn from you.

Please do share! :)

Your setup is very nice. I like the whole plumbing setup, must make res changes very easy.
I have a very small setup so I take very small cuts. Everyone is different, I like to get my cuts potted as soon as possible, so I don't let my roots get huge, just enough for them to take hold.

It's strange but I have certain strains that will only root from the bottom of the cutting. Then I have others that will only root from one side of the cutting. Then I have others that will root everywhere. Have you ever experienced this?

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Your setup is very nice. I like the whole plumbing setup, must make res changes very easy.

Thanks Nightmare! Always feels good to be appreciated! The system has been modified to be extremely low maintenance.

It's strange but I have certain strains that will only root from the bottom of the cutting. Then I have others that will only root from one side of the cutting. Then I have others that will root everywhere. Have you ever experienced this?

We have noticed the same - we do a fair amount of culling, looking for keepers. We grow in UCDWC and so we try and get the roots as big as possible as early in the process as possible. Because our UCDWC's are in sets of 16, every batch of 30 clones produced in the nursery, we choose the strongest, healthiest, most developed 16 clones and cull the rest.

How about you Nightmare. Where do your clones go from the cloner? Grow medium and system?

N

nightmarecreature

I only run one mom of each strain, so I have to use what's there. With these old strains, I was having some duding problems. I figured out what was causing the duding and it was two things. Using Eagle 20 in early veg and another thing that was very important but I can't share because it will fix everyone's duding problems. The duding only seems to affect old strains. I've never seen it on cuts less than 8 years old.

My clones go straight to coco coir in party cups.

Lately, I have been hitting all my clones with Eagle 20. When I do that, most but not all will take atleast 7 days before they will even start to knot. If I don't use Eagle 20, some will knot in two days but with the RE, once you get knots, you will have full roots by the next day.

N

nightmarecreature

The reason I'm using Eagle 20 is because I took in a bunch of new cuts. These new cuts are very old and most spread nasty fungus around. I have to use Eagle 20 for a few months and then I won't need it anymore. I really don't like using harsh chems but sometimes you have to so that you don't need to use them anymore.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I want to start by thanking you to you my fellow farmers for sharing your cloning processes, techniques, equipment, ideas, and wisdom. More specifically, what you have found to work and what you have found not to work.

My motivation for checking out this thread to begin with was the desire to improve my cloning skills/results. This posting (my posting) started as being inspired by Oscar’s test of RX Life Cloning Solutions, the only cloning solution that is mentioned in this thread that I hadn’t tried…. and the fact that his results were better than mine.

Lastly, I am sharing this info with the intent to pay it forward. For those, who like me came to “the farm” seeking to learn from others.
Living in Gratitude of my fellow farmers and their contribution to my evolution as a grower!

Items Used in this Test:

Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mint "mother" to take clones from
Fiskar 1 7/8" Micro Tip Pruning Snip
Scalpel
Cutting Board (Sterile)
Isopropyl Alcohol
Cup for holding alcohol used in sterilizing the cutting board and instruments
Clean Paper Towel
Nutrients: RX Life Cloning Gel, RX Life Cloning Solution, Cultured Solutions “Veg A & B”, Cultured Solutions “Roots”, pH Up, pH Down, Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water pH 5.5
Aeroponic Cloner: EZCloner 30 Place
Light: 2 Foot, Four Bulb (Blue Spectrum), Fluorescent Grow Light

View attachment 485985

Getting Started:

Before anything, clean and disinfect all tools and cutting board with Alcohol.

I generally start with 16” well developed cuttings – with at a minimum, 5 nodes if not more on the top 2/3’s of the cutting. The closer the nodes are together, the better.

I take cuttings from the bottom of the plant as they have more rooting hormones than branches toward the top and have proven to grow roots faster than cuttings taken from the top of the plant. However, clones taken from any part of the plant will work.

I like large cuttings that have lots of new growth.

Transforming a Cutting to a Clone:

I only want vegetation growing on the top 1/3 of the clone when finished. All other energy the clone expends should be directed at root growth. I leave the top 1/3 with as much new growth as possible so that the clone will grow quickly once it develops roots.

Using the Micro Tip Pruning Snips, I defoliate the cutting. This includes trimming any leaf longer than 1” down to 1”. By clipping the tips of the leaves, the clone doesn’t over-exert herself trying to turn light into food, when she should be focused on roots. Remove all vegetation on the main stem below the top 1/3” of the cutting. (NOTE: I am constantly cleaning the Snips & Scalpel with alcohol. Storing them in alcohol when not in use. Taking the clean paper towel and drying the cutting tools prior to touching any plant material)

View attachment 485986

Then I use the scalpel, find the largest node on the bottom of the cutting stem and cut the stem at 45 degree angels directly under that node (this will help the cutting heal faster). I find that nodes root faster than stem with no node.

View attachment 485987

View attachment 485988

Next I split the bottom 1” of the stem with 4 cuts, exposing more “raw” rooting surface

View attachment 485989

(NOTE: I use a scalpel or razor blade to cut the bottom of the stem. I don’t use pruning snips to cut the stem where I want rooting to take place because the snips as snips tend to crush the stem, blocking the ability of the stem veins to absorb water at the cut)

Place the marijuana clone immediately in the container containing RO water pH 5.5.

Preparing the EZCloner

Using the RX Life Cloning Solution (which is very acidic), nutrients (15 ml/gal) are added to RO Water

The Cloner is turned on and tested to make sure it is operating properly, mixing the nutrients at the same time. Once nutrients are thoroughly mixed, pH is tested and adjusted to 5.5

Clones are brought to the cloner and one by one the stems are removed from the RO Water they have been waiting in, dried, dipped in the RX Life Cloning Gel, collar placed around the clone and inserted into the cloner. I try and leave at least the bottom 3” of the clone into the ezcloner for rooting.

View attachment 485991

(NOTE: I don’t use a shot glass to hold cloning gel as I find it is too wasteful. That practice is based in the idea of spreading bacteria into the original rooting hormone container. Instead I use extreme hygiene in the clone prep process and dip directly into the original gel container.)

Daily EZCloner Maintenance During Rooting

Air Temperatures are maintained at 76 to 80 degrees. Humidity is between 60 & 80%. Nutrient temperatures are maintained at 70 degrees F. I believe clones need water through their leaves right now, because their roots haven't formed. Even though humidity helps, I mist the cuttings a few times a day until they start forming roots.

Some growers don't use any grow lights at all for the first 1-2 days while clones get settled. Other growers do give light right from the beginning. I take my cuttings from mother plants in veg who are already on a 18/6 (Light/Dark) schedule. I maintain the same exact schedule for the cuttings thru the cloning process and ultimately back into veg. I have found this to produce my personal best results.

For the first week, every day I check to ensure that my equipment is functioning properly, clean the nutrient filter and make pH adjustments as needed.

Within 5 days, I have roots starting to consistently be formed on all stems in the cloning machine and generally there are at least one or two roots per stem that are 4 to 5 inches long.

On day 6 or 7, I flush the nutrient tank. This starts with removing the container holding the nutrients, dumping, cleaning and sterilizing it. After returning the container, I refill with fresh RO water and turn the circulation pump back on. Once the ezcloner is circulating the clean RO Water, I add Cultured

Solutions “Roots” at (5 ml/gal) and allow to circulate and mix in the cloner.

After the CS Roots has mixed, I add CS Veg A&B with a target ppm of 130 ppm on the 7 scale. Once nutrients are thoroughly mixed, pH is tested and adjusted to 5.8

Now I am back into daily maintenance mode. Checking the ppm’s, keeping them between 130 & 140 and pH at 5.8

(NOTE: The reason I adjust the pH to 5.8 is that the hormone in the rooting gel and cloning solution has already removed the epidural layer of the stem. Now I am wanting to nurture growth and feed the clone with its new roots. The CS Roots stimulates all root growth from here.)

Results!

Here are my best results after two tests with the RX Life Cloning Solution and Gel.

In the first test with RX Life solutions, I only used the RX Life Cloning Solution. The stems were not treated with a gel or powder. In this test, it took 12 days to produce stippling and first roots in the 4 to 5 inch range.

In the second test with RX Life Solutions, the only change made in the experiment was that I used the RX Life Cloning Solution and RX Life Cloning Gel.

Utilizing the gel cut my rooting time from 12 days to 5 days. At this point, some gardeners would transplant the clones.

The reason I flush, clean and add Cultured Solutions “Roots” and “Veg A&B” is for good reason. By day 12 from first taking cuttings, I have 16” stems with 16” fully formed roots that are consuming 30 ppm’s of nutrient solution per day. Think about this…… 30 stems consuming 30 ppm’s of nutrient solution per day, 12 days after cutting. This is new for me and pretty exciting.

In both tests, I placed 5 stems which were not split (prepared to the point prior to being split) in with 25 stems that were split. Also….. I have found that the stems that are split consistently produce 10 times more root growth in the same amount of time as the stems that aren’t split.

Happy cloning everyone! Please don’t hesitate to comment or ask questions.

View attachment 485993
View attachment 485994
View attachment 485997
View attachment 485998
View attachment 485999
View attachment 486000
View attachment 486001
View attachment 486002
View attachment 486003
Awesome Post Bro, I love the EzClone mods you did, I have never tried the RX Life Gel but I will have some on the way, Again Thanks for posting up the results and killer pics..:)

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@ZurichTheHunter What are you running threw the EzClone to clean and how many ML and how long ?

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

The reason I'm using Eagle 20 is because I took in a bunch of new cuts. These new cuts are very old and most spread nasty fungus around. I have to use Eagle 20 for a few months and then I won't need it anymore. I really don't like using harsh chems but sometimes you have to so that you don't need to use them anymore.

Bummer on the fungus, nothing worse than dealing with pests, molds and mildews. Are you growing in a sealed room environment?

I had to search "duding" and educate myself. Sounds like the Eagle 20 is really stressing your plants. Are you growing hybrids, indica's, sativa's or all of the above? It sounds like you are growing indica landraces.

Last edited:
ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

@ZurichTheHunter What are you running threw the EzClone to clean and how many ML and how long ?

End of the first week, the UC bucket/res gets dumped. I wash the bucket in the sink with soft scrub.

The 2nd week I am running UC Roots in the cloner so the nutrients are already pretty sterile. The UC Roots does a great job of cleaning the pump, plumbing and manifold. At the end of the 2nd week I take the UC apart and put the tub, cover, inserts and manifold in the dishwasher and run them on sanitize. the UC bucket/res gets dumped, washed in the nursery mop sink with soft scrub and back in business in an hour.

N

nightmarecreature

Bummer on the fungus, nothing worse than dealing with pests, molds and mildews. Are you growing in a sealed room environment?

I had to search "duding" and educate myself. Sounds like the Eagle 20 is really stressing your plants. Are you growing hybrids, indica's, sativa's or all of the above? It sounds like you are growing indica landraces.

Im running 25-35 year old Clone only OGs. Triangle Kush,SFV and a bunch of others. The Arcata Trainwreck is the oldest cut I have. I dont like much of the new stuff, seems new stuff lacks in the potency department.

Eagle 20 makes my plants happy. It just stalls the cloning process.

Top Bottom