Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
A quick update on the RX Life Cloning Solutions.

This experiment is a little unusual.

We don't typically split the ends of our clones. We also routinely use rooting gel and didn't for this experiment. The reason for not using rooting gel is that I was concerned about a chemical reaction between a a rooting gel from a different manufacturer and the RX cloningSolutions. So we went bareback!!

7 days into rooting, here is what they look like.

View attachment 481384 View attachment 481385 View attachment 481386
whats the white tube going into the cloner ?

N

nightmarecreature

Ive been experimenting with different wattages of lighting but all of them with 6500K. What I have found, is that the lower the lighting, the longer the clones stay green and that they root faster. 25watts seems the max, any higher and I get mild yellowing. At 40watts, I get lots of yellowing. 15watts-20watts seems to be perfect for me.

That's been the sweet spot for me for years but now its time to experiment with wavelengths. 65000K is not the best light for root production, its best for foliage and growth. Red light is best for root growth and that's what Im trying to accomplish. They had two types of Red bulbs at my aquarium store and I picked one that had mostly Red light with a little Blue light in it. I'll update in a few months to see if there is a difference. The light looks like a pink lightsaber.
IMAG1195
IMAG1196

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

whats the white tube going into the cloner ?

The hose going into the top of the cloner is the condensate drain from a mini-split in the nursery. The condensate drain is a great way to add makeup water to the cloner.

The plumbing you see on the bottom of the cloner is to and from the external 8 gallon res (a 8 gallon bucket). We have found that running an external pump allows us the ability to run the pump 24/7 without worrying about heat issues. Also allows us the ability to have an inline irrigation filter to keep the sprayer nozzles clean. The other benefit is that the cloners root zone runs 10 degrees warmer than the res due to the reses thermal conduction from the floor. This helps with nutrient stability due to lower temps and larger quantities of nutrient solution compared to what the cloner can hold as a standalone.

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Ive been experimenting with different wattages of lighting but all of them with 6500K. What I have found, is that the lower the lighting, the longer the clones stay green and that they root faster. 25watts seems the max, any higher and I get mild yellowing. At 40watts, I get lots of yellowing. 15watts-20watts seems to be perfect for me.

That's been the sweet spot for me for years but now its time to experiment with wavelengths. 65000K is not the best light for root production, its best for foliage and growth. Red light is best for root growth and that's what Im trying to accomplish. They had two types of Red bulbs at my aquarium store and I picked one that had mostly Red light with a little Blue light in it. I'll update in a few months to see if there is a difference. The light looks like a pink lightsaber.
View attachment 481475 View attachment 481476

Great info NMC. I have always read that clones like very low light during rooting. Have you done any research on artificial propagation lighting? It would be interesting to see what the commercial nursery clone/start suppliers use to propagate.

Please keep us posted. Very interested in your findings.

N

nightmarecreature

Great info NMC. I have always read that clones like very low light during rooting. Have you done any research on artificial propagation lighting? It would be interesting to see what the commercial nursery clone/start suppliers use to propagate.

Please keep us posted. Very interested in your findings.

Ive read some research on Kelvin and root growth. As far as wattage, all the research Ive done has been my own. Ive been messing around with wattage for around 5 years and what I wrote above is spot on. As far as lighting spectrums, I just started messing around with them. Different light spectrums might require different wattage. What I do know, is that if your clones yellow too fast, without roots, your lighting is too intense for them.

N

nightmarecreature

I keep reading different things. One study says, 620-700 Red for best root growth. I guess I will keep the Color Max bulb. It has a good mix of both red and blue but a little less blue than the 6700k. I dont want plant growth, I want root growth.

CowboyKahlil

CowboyKahlil

I keep reading different things. One study says, 620-700 Red for best root growth. I guess I will keep the Color Max bulb. It has a good mix of both red and blue but a little less blue than the 6700k. I dont want plant growth, I want root growth.

Would a mix of 6700K and Color Max bulbs be effective? Like 4 of each in an 8 tube fixture?

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

What's the scoop on the RX Cloning Solution test?

My test results will be posted this weekend. Very impressed!!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

What's the scoop on the RX Cloning Solution test?

My test results will be posted this weekend. Very impressed!!
I'm behind but i got both products and will be starting the test soon! How many day's before you seen roots an how long did you run them before they could be potted?

Last edited:
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Very nice what was that 13 day's of roots? My only concern is I'm usually potted bye day 7 on clone only gee's so I'm hoping I can achieve the same speed or less with the RX, and or the power clone! But soon I will see nice test thanks for sharing this!

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Very nice what was that 13 day's of roots? My only concern is I'm usually potted bye day 7 on clone only gee's so I'm hoping I can achieve the same speed or less with the RX, and or the power clone! But soon I will see nice test thanks for sharing this!

Tough posting pix on the iPhone. Check back tomorrow and I'll post the test results with lots of pix.

Lots learned! 7 days is a reality.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Here is the whole Problem with this thread!!
All the test I did where from the second the clone went into the cloner so when you look at the pics of RE,RX, that was the total days the clones where in the machine when the Pics where taken, not some Bullshit about when I seen bumps or the clone thought about making Roots ect, So If I take clones and start the machine on the 1st and on the 10th I take them out b/c they all have 10 + inch roots that is 10 days, period end of discussion, this thread has been very informational but this b/s that you can put a clone in a machine for say 6 days then on the 6th day you see bumps and then 7 days later from bumps you finally have a clone with nice long root, its now some how rooted in 7 days is total SHIT !!
Because the clone was in the cloner for 6 days before you saw the bumps and another 7 days till it had roots big enough to transplant that is 13 days to clone and I don't give a fuck...:D

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Tough posting pix on the iPhone. Check back tomorrow and I'll post the test results with lots of pix.

Lots learned! 7 days is a reality.
From the 1st day they went into the Ezclone to when you took that pic how many days..? and by they way they look killer..;)

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Here is the whole Problem with this thread!!
All the test I did where from the second the clone went into the cloner so when you look at the pics of RE,RX, that was the total days the clones where in the machine when the Pics where taken, not some Bullshit about when I seen bumps or the clone thought about making Roots ect, So If I take clones and start the machine on the 1st and on the 10th I take them out b/c they all have 10 + inch roots that is 10 days, period end of discussion, this thread has been very informational but this b/s that you can put a clone in a machine for say 6 days then on the 6th day you see bumps and then 7 days later from bumps you finally have a clone with nice long root, its now some how rooted in 7 days is total SHIT !!
Because the clone was in the cloner for 6 days before you saw the bumps and another 7 days till it had roots big enough to transplant that is 13 days to clone and I don't give a fuck...:D
I don't know what kind of shit your trying to say Oscar with the RE I'm potting in 7 day's an others have shared results period! Even the people that did it in rock wool were potting bye day 12! I Have read nothing but bad reviews on the RX but I'm still willing to give it a run and if it doesn't perform like the RE does then I'll personal give it too you since you are getting the results you want!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom