Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I have run and tested a few root boosters over the years and most of them fell short of being worth the money to continue using them. Here are the ones that I have tested. Ill talk about the winner last. The Winner blows the doors off any root booster I have used to date.

Heavy 16 Roots: This product is expensive and its not really a root booster at all. What it does do well, is that it keeps salts from building up in your medium. Its similar to H&G Drip Clean.

General Hydro Rapid Start: Decent product, it works and I noticed thicker roots but there is not a huge difference in the root system. For the results, I dont feel like it was worth the money. Some people report better results at 2X strength but I never tested a double dose, all my tests are the recommended dose.

Advance Nutrients Voodoo Juice:
Similar results to that of Rapid Start. This was one of the first root boosters I ever ran and my memory is cloudy. What I do remember is that the old Roots Excel was much better than Voodoo Juice.

Roots Excel: The old formula was the second best root booster that I have ever used. Too bad the new formula is crap and a complete waste of money. I dont know what they did but my guess is the new formula is just seaweed and microbes. Barely works.

Super Thrive: It works really well and its cheap! A $10 bottle lasts me two years. I use 2 drops per gallon. It works as well as any of the root boosters mentioned except for the winner. The down side is that it's not recommened in flower. It can also be used in conjunction with any root booster.

(Black Label Pure Essential)
Root Enhance:
This stuff is expensive but I have not seen anything like it. This stuff blows away anything that I have used. At 1ml a gallon this stuff pumps out thick massive roots, that grow rapidly. It also says it repairs dead roots, in a sense, it does. I had a clone that dried out and all the roots were dead, after a week(5 days) of feeding it the Root Enhance, new white roots were shooting from the stem and past all the dead decaying roots. So it completely revives dead root system. On healthy plants, the roots burst out like crazy, its nuts. It says there are no PGRs but it works so well I find it hard to believe. Another thing I noticed, is that there is a noticable increase in the growth of my moms.

Massive roots root booster winner test

Massive roots root booster winner test 2

DAY 4 in Aero Cloner

Massive roots root booster winner test 3

DAY 5 in Aero Cloner

Last edited:
ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Great thread NMC, thanks for sharing the info!

Aside from using their root product have you used any of their other products ?

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

Definitely dont root as fast as ur 5 day action tho... those r killer roots 4 only 5 days @nightmarecreature

I use Caps and Super Thrive, thats with the Root Enhance only.

I run all three packs of OGBiowar, I have not noticed a difference from using Great White or Root Bloom or any other innoculant. The reason I buy it, is that I get more for my money making it cheaper. OGBiowar is the best deal around and has the highest spore concentration. Root innoculants are good for preventing diseases but none of them will cure a fungi infected plant once it has its hold. The Root Enhance is one of those rare products that works, it works so well I wonder whats really in it.

N

nightmarecreature

Great thread NMC, thanks for sharing the info?

Aside from using their root product have you used any of their other products ?

No. I discovered the product after talking to another grower at the hydro store. We started talking about root boosters and mentioning a big list of them that I already tried. He ran DWC and said he saw a huge difference with the Root Enhance. I decided to order the smallest bottle a month later and Im glad I did.

No, this is the only product I have ran of this brand but I do hear good things about it.

N

nightmarecreature

I have more exciting news. The new testing is confirming that the Root Enhance is helping my clones knot up way faster, prior to rooting.

This stuff should be used at day 1 in Aero Cloners and in Rockwool. I have two SFV clones that I hit with Root Enhance yesterday that are in rockwool. I will post those up in a few days as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom