Master Kush & Gelato (NFT + HST)

• Thread starter Frostie069
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostie069

Frostie069

after an absolutely chaotic 7 days, I can breathe!!

Only the easy stuff left now, power boards, reservoir setup and LED setup. I pick up the new lights tomorrow. yeeeow!

If anyone can help me through LED light settings for different growth stages that'd be great, Don't want to burn them.

Absolutely love the new tent, after dealing with cheapos you can really see and feel the quality difference and its a little bit bigger than the last at 5x5, going to be nice!

I have three Bay Burgers (fem/photo) currently in seedling stage, photo attached, hopefully 2 weeks and they'll go NFT live.

3 gorilla glue autos and 3 dark purple autos, 1.5 days into germination, hopefully they go NFT live a couple of weeks after bay burgers.

IMG 2182

Frostie069

Frostie069

Yeah only 4 products atm, tested with only vega and flores and nothing special change cant see with eyes, zym seems help roots pretty good. Vega till about 2-3 week after light flip and then flores to end, cannazym full cycle when i put them in nft and pk 13/14 only one time when buds are starting growing size so about between 4-5 week in flower. I tried with whole Canna line too but zym was most worth to buy what i experienced, full line gonna cost pretty much. Only negative is what found about canna is i could want little bit less nitrogen in flower nutes. My tap water ec is about 0.3 and 8.5ph and i think you live in usa so there could be different tap water and it could make some difference. Ph down is good to have too if needed some nute lines dont need that, canna keep pretty stable ph 6. Ph and EC meter is good to have too but after you used same nute line long time you dont need them that much anymore, good to have if problem coming. I dont own any ec meter anymore after i broken one but i should buy one and ph i check about 3-5 per round but its almost always 6-6.5.

Simple setup works for me maybe im just simple guy. 😃 Grow style i kept almost same whole my time only 2 soil/coco grow and other differences are just sizes with nfts, tents and lamps. And yea good think with these nft systems is no pebbles or baskets just rockwool. Rockwools became pretty standard at industry grow in usa what i watched. Ask if you need help anything i try help how i can best, there is many more good hydro growers in forum but they run mostly sterile hydro when i got more "live" hydro. You need test different things and see what fits your style best and no scaring with failures they teach alot. 🙂

Frostie069

Frostie069

yes getting the whole product line is expensive, bit of a gimmick but sucks allot into the hole.

Australia here, my tap water comes out at about 6.5 and 0.2, around 7.0 with heavy rain. I use the H&G osmos/stabil to help keep my ph stable.
When I start week one with the NFT system, is there a 'safe' EC starting point you'd recommend?
my nutrient line up in order of adding:
tap water
osmos/stabil
silica
Part A & B
roots axelurator
amino treatment
multizyme
drip clean - not a nute
things were going well while using this, then I bought the whole line up and added
nitrogen
magnesium Mg0.8%
algen extract
things didn't go well after this. I stuck to the EC (1.8) of the feeding guide however it was too much.

Sometimes I think part of the problem is I like to try new things too often, I did that with the last grow and you're right I learnt allot!! this grow I need to take a step back though, make small individual changes and give them time, its hard to pin the tail on the donkey when you've got 5 or more donkeys running around hahaha

Thanks again for the help mate!!

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

yes getting the whole product line is expensive, bit of a gimmick but sucks allot into the hole.

Australia here, my tap water comes out at about 6.5 and 0.2, around 7.0 with heavy rain. I use the H&G osmos/stabil to help keep my ph stable.
When I start week one with the NFT system, is there a 'safe' EC starting point you'd recommend?
my nutrient line up in order of adding:
tap water
osmos/stabil
silica
Part A & B
roots axelurator
amino treatment
multizyme
drip clean - not a nute
things were going well while using this, then I bought the whole line up and added
nitrogen
magnesium Mg0.8%
algen extract
things didn't go well after this. I stuck to the EC (1.8) of the feeding guide however it was too much.

Sometimes I think part of the problem is I like to try new things too often, I did that with the last grow and you're right I learnt allot!! this grow I need to take a step back though, make small individual changes and give them time, its hard to pin the tail on the donkey when you've got 5 or more donkeys running around hahaha

Thanks again for the help mate!!
I dont have ec meter years anymore (should buy new) so i dont know exact ec in my nft but i go with canna aqua feeding schedule and it says rooting 3-5 day 0.9 w/o tap water ec and 0-3 week veg 1.1ec w/o tap water ec. But you can start like 1/2 recommended first week and if they look hungry then go full recommended. Actually i saw canna line have 1.8 ec w/o tap water ec 1 week in flower phase but always depending strain how they like nutes. I think you dont need that nitrogen and magnesium additive most nutes got calmag already and they have good amount nitrogen too, idk what is that algen extract. Here is feeding schedule what i use https://www.cannagardening.com/growguide

Yeah too many new things and its maybe gonna hit back hard. 😃 Im on point i would want test new nute brand but havent decided yet what to put test. 🙂

Frostie069

Frostie069

So after the failure of the last grow, I'm back with an update.

Today is the start of week 3 Veg. There are 4 strains all germinated at different times for different reasons. Bay Burgers (reg-fem)went into paper towel and glad bags on the 15/9, they were the first to be germinated, Gorilla Cookies (auto) was last to be germinated, went into paper towel and glad bags in the 26/9. Other strains are gorilla glue (auto) and dark purple (auto). All went into NFT on the 3/10.

So far, things are going much better this grow (fingers crossed).

I am a little confused though, I have never grown "normal" plants, I have always topped and mainlined with LST or HST. I create even canopies, good air flow and light distribution throughout the plant. I wanted to simplify this grow and focus on just growing plants that survive their due course.

This hasn't entirely gone to plan as I have topped and fim'd a bay burger and gorilla cookies has been fim'd. I did this to keep these plants to a similar height as the others as they were growing quicker than the rest. Its my first time fimming so im curious to see how I went. Dark purples have struggled from the get go, one seed didn't pop at all, hence the last minute gorilla cookies germ, but they have started doing better in the last week since I have upped the lights and nutrients so they went from maybe they won't make it too, should get something out of them, who knows, Maybe they'll end up taking over the rest.

So back to the question regarding my confusion, what should I do regarding any defoliation, pruning, netting? to grow these plants so I can achieve an even canopy getting good air flow and light distribution.
I am familiar with the basics of pruning, I always remove large fans that cast shadows blow it, remove fans from the inner part of the plant that are interfering with other branches or fans etc, but can/should I be removing anything else yet?

I plan on using one or two lots of netting to keep the plants stable and the canopy even. Do I just let them grow and do a big defoliation during stretch? when should I put the net in?

Any advice or links to grow diaries showing good systems or techniques would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Growing!

Week 1 VEG
TempImagelyvZjU

End week 2 VEG
IMG 2263

left is bay burgers reg - fem
middle is gorilla glue auto
right is 2x dark purple auto in front and 1x gorilla cookies auto back

Frostie069

Frostie069

Hi,

I hope all is well with everyone.

update,

today is the start of week 5 and we're going to flower, I've been 24/7 on the lights, they've been on 18/6 for the last 3 days, today will be going to 12/12.

All plants are autos except the bay burgers.

all plants have been in the NFT system for 29 days
from going into Rockwool days below:
bay burger, day 43
gorilla glue, day 39
dark purple, day 37
gorilla cookies, day 35

this grow has been going much much better (touch wood), all of the issues I believed the NFT system had last grow and added to my overall failure have been fixed with the modifications made, only problem I have to fix is, the roots are growing through my pipes between the NFT channels and are restricting water flow, I've already had to pull them out and shuffle them around, so I'll be adding some fine grate before next grow. otherwise the system is good. I might also go from 9 plants to 6, while I think I could keep and sustain 9 plants, I do think the plants and root systems will do better with more space.

The missus has been complaining about the smell, I've been leaving the tent partially open to deal with heat and humidity in the grow space, so there has been lots of aromas floating around. Since its flowering time and I need to close her up, Ive added the carbon filter in to deal with heat, humidity and stench. So far its working well. grow space is at 24C and 60% humidity. Next big purchase will be a kick ass dehumidifier, very much needed.

IMG 2279

Frostie069

Frostie069

Last month I was a lucky winner.

I just wanted to thank @ACINFINITYINC

I haven't cranked them up yet but, delivery was quick, packaging is 100% and the products feel like quality.

Can't wait!!

TempImage50Obba

Latest posts

Top Bottom