Maui wowwi fem on blumats

• Thread starter Stoobeey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Quick question. That Maui in back is huge for me. And super bushy. This pheno never stretched much. How much can or should I defoliate. Don't wanna stress her out
Hehe. That's nothing there. Seem my grow to see how much bigger and bushier they can get! (Explosive Growth in Coco Coir thread).

First, a suggestion, if your watering/drain system allows it. Put something under the shorter plants to raise them to the same level. Adjust as needed.

As for defoliation, you have your choice. I like a bushy approach, maximizing fan leaves for lots of biomass. I still lollipop to trim all growth below about a 2-foot-thick canopy layer. A lot of people like a thinner canopy.

I leave a lot of fan leaves, but I still strategically defoliating great big leaves covering up growth sites. I trim from the bottom, taking leaves shaded by newer ones.

Once the plant gets into flowering, I'll do a good strategic deflowing only of big fan leaves during the first 3 weeks of flower and stretch. This is mostly to help control humidity by allowing better airflow through the canopy. There are limits to how much this approach works, when the plants are still quite bushy. I've added a6-inch input duct fan running 24x7 in addition to the 6-inch AC-Infinity fan under temp and humidity control. With my input fan, things have become very stable in the tent. It's also bulged out from the pressure, giving me a bit more growing area!

Surely you'll see videos and pics of some extremely defoliated crops and subsequent recovery. Here's a data point for the other approach - the bushy approach. These are images of my crop soon after I flipped the lights. It's taller now, but about as bushy.
220329 103539 80 7491 d850
220329 103621 94 7496 d850

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

Yeah I was lazy and didn't toss that shorter girl on a milk crate like usual.

I'll see what ppf is out of curiosity down that low.

Light is at 100% and it's 1000
Ppf at the top of the Maui and a tad lower over the big sour martian

That other pheno Ive cloned for making fem pollen and will cross it with the bigger pheno , hoping for something in between .

Thanks for the advise though.

I worry about mold later on with so much leaf matter,. I know these buds were super dense last year too

I like the pheno a lot and am producing fem pollen on it too .

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

Hehe. That's nothing there. Seem my grow to see how much bigger and bushier they can get! (Explosive Growth in Coco Coir thread).

First, a suggestion, if your watering/drain system allows it. Put something under the shorter plants to raise them to the same level. Adjust as needed.

As for defoliation, you have your choice. I like a bushy approach, maximizing fan leaves for lots of biomass. I still lollipop to trim all growth below about a 2-foot-thick canopy layer. A lot of people like a thinner canopy.

I leave a lot of fan leaves, but I still strategically defoliating great big leaves covering up growth sites. I trim from the bottom, taking leaves shaded by newer ones.

Once the plant gets into flowering, I'll do a good strategic deflowing only of big fan leaves during the first 3 weeks of flower and stretch. This is mostly to help control humidity by allowing better airflow through the canopy. There are limits to how much this approach works, when the plants are still quite bushy. I've added a6-inch input duct fan running 24x7 in addition to the 6-inch AC-Infinity fan under temp and humidity control. With my input fan, things have become very stable in the tent. It's also bulged out from the pressure, giving me a bit more growing area!

Surely you'll see videos and pics of some extremely defoliated crops and subsequent recovery. Here's a data point for the other approach - the bushy approach. These are images of my crop soon after I flipped the lights. It's taller now, but about as bushy.
View attachment 1235614

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

20220414 182924
20220414 183202

Ok ok I put the little gal on a crate lol.
The 4" pot is a Maui clone for reversal to collect pollen..

Had to bend over the 2 main colas of the haze in front, nearly 10" above rest of canopy. A buddy who the seeds are from told me to snip it off , but got worried I'd screw up the plant

Latest posts

Top Bottom