MB Stretch Stopper

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quantrill

Quantrill

MBnutes said:
Chlormequat Chloride is the same ingredient used in wheat/cereal production, and that’s obviously FDA approved for human consumption.

As far as I can ascertain, chlormequat chloride is only allowed for use on ornamentals and cereal grain seed crops. That is crops only grown to have there seed harvested for future crops, Not for crops grown for food or feed use. On one of the commercial products labels that is made specifically for application to cereal grain crops it warns specifically about not allowing livestock to graze the stubble after harvest for a specified period of time.

B

basement bob

Mmmm. I've got a bottle on the shelf.
Have not used it.
Need more info or 1st hand accounts.

Bahump

Bob

B

basement bob

Thanks @Capulator
Looks like it's for Le Jardin por Le mi fiancé

I don't speak French......

alligator

alligator

I tried it. Didn't work and my colas ended up smaller. Dont know of the smaller size was due to the stretch stopper, but im leaning that way.
I used it on day 10 of bloom. Earlier would've been better, but it still should've worked.

In contrast- i really like their vitamin- hormone booster.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Typically when you use a PGR like chlormequat chloride, placo, etc. early in flowering (first 2-3 weeks) it stops the stretching. When it's used after the significant stretch phase, it bulks the flowers up.

Smaller flowers after use typically could mean the plant was much further from the light than usual, equating to less mass. It could mean the bud got denser, meaning it was visually smaller.

From what I've seen from most people though is that if used in mid flowering after stretch, they get a big boost in flower mass. I can't say the same because the one time I used a PGR through drench it ruined my quality, but I also didn't use it correctly.

Best method of use is to foliar spray at recommended doses the moment you want your plants to stop growing vertically. Even better, anticipate where you want your plants at height-wise and spray when they're a few inches shorter than that.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

I don't know if there are any 'organic' or completely safe PGRs geared towards stretch stopping that's been exposed to our industry, but if you're gonna use it, foliar spray it. Way less residuals all around affecting the medium, plant, and end product.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Have used their hormone booster with good success. Got the 4x concentrated bottle and used @ 1/mL the moment I saw buds forming and saw increased oil production for sure, want to say smell got better too. Bought the big bud powder but ended up trying out Bloombastic and liked it so much I haven't switched back to Big Bud yet.

B

basement bob

I've used the booster at the 1.87 sumthin ml recommended dose. I like the results. Similar to @chinqlinq results.

Bob

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Im using the vit-hor booster and it's looking good, I'm waiting for there stretch stopper. I'll have some stuff at about 2 weeks(12/12) when it shows so I'll do a little test and add a few plants, see if the new plants go directly into flower and skip stretch like it says.

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I sprayed a few plants and put them in the flower room the other day, we will see what happens.

-lurkin

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

MBferts is fucked up for saying this shit is safe and is misleading by saying its used on wheat crops. Do you research hommes the shits toxic and stays in your plants for a long ass time. They do use it in wheat crops but not wheat crops that are for human consumption, they use it on wheat seed crops.

If you need a chem PGR to stop stretch look into Ethephon its much safer it doesn't leave toxic chems in your plants like PBZ and CC.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I tried it because I was curious, the plants stretched very little, buds are small and under developed. Mostly my fault because i fed them like post stretch, they basically kinda stalled. No pistils any sooner etc, it was only a couple misc clones stuck on the side.

-lurkin

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

I tried it because I was curious, the plants stretched very little, buds are small and under developed. Mostly my fault because i fed them like post stretch, they basically kinda stalled. No pistils any sooner etc, it was only a couple misc clones stuck on the side.

-lurkin
Im not surprised to hear your buds were underdeveloped CCC is a growth retardant.

Top Bottom