Mbti Personality Typing

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yet another tobh thread, I know. So I've been doing some research lately into personality types and the psychology behind them and I thought why not see if anyone else shares an interest in these here at the farm?

Through some quick research, it is shown the MBTI model is ineffective scientifically and personalities are not so simple to smash into 16 classifications. My argument here is regardless of the validity of the result of this test, you can gain some insight in how to more effectively deal with yourself as well as other individuals. In the industry I am pursuing currently, this is indispensable from the social engineering stand point. Really plays into the concept in my signature.

Personally I am an INTJ according to this test. In a nutshell, I'm that dude from the romantic novels. Think Fabio style minus the mullet haha.

So, are there any others around here that are interested in personality typing?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Awesome, that explains a bit actually.

I read about companies even going so far as to post employee MBTI types on doors so the entering party would know how to best communicate with the individual. Unfortunately from a psychological standpoint Briggs had it quite wrong and generalized a bit too much. Apparently they are now using a battery of tests called the MMPI. It is said to be much more accurate though you need a pysch degree to understand what it indicates.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah as you mature your personality typically morphs a bit. You can take a fairly descriptive version of the test at 16personalities.com

There are several other sites as well but that one is the most descriptive I've found thus far.

EDIT: For instance, I came out INTJ the first time I took it about a week and a half ago while in a pretty depressed state. A couple days ago I took it and I came out as ISTJ. Slight difference but definitely indicative of its lack of solidarity.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Seamaiden I didn't want to violate the TOS or anything by linking to an external site. Figure from a security stand point it's better that way anyways, due to how search engines rank sites in search results (backlinks and SEO). BUT just for you, I'll throw up this link:

http://www.16personalities.com

Not the full MBTI, but still 70+ questions and highly accurate and descriptive. Just remember, answer with your gut. Don't think about the questions, just answer them with your immediate response.

EDIT: And I totally thought Fabio had a mullet lol. Or was it just epically permed hair he had? I'm a dude so I pay little attention to such things.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden I didn't want to violate the TOS or anything by linking to an external site. Figure from a security stand point it's better that way anyways, due to how search engines rank sites in search results (backlinks and SEO). BUT just for you, I'll throw up this link:

http://www.16personalities.com

Not the full MBTI, but still 70+ questions and highly accurate and descriptive. Just remember, answer with your gut. Don't think about the questions, just answer them with your immediate response.

EDIT: And I totally thought Fabio had a mullet lol. Or was it just epically permed hair he had? I'm a dude so I pay little attention to such things.
I did the MMPI test yesterday, and got hit with a shitton of information I don't think I'll really be able to sort through other than to say, Yeah, I've got issues. :D

Fabio has always had long flowing hair, just like the ladies like. We ain't into no jerry curl or shit like that!

Skoosh

Skoosh

@toquer & @rubthe nub.
I CERTAINLY don't need a test to tell me I'm an asshole. (my family has been saying that my whole life.)
I REALLY would've liked to have taken this (and the ton of other tests I've taken in the past 12 weeks) BEFORE my stroke(s)
I answered SO MANY of the questions with my 'new outlook' on life, that I'm positive I've skewed the results (in a more civil/sociable fashion)

Here's another testing site I've been utilizing:
http://www.queendom.com/index.htm

(I've become EXTREMELY EASILY frustrated at large groupings of words (EG" paragraphs, etc, so taking one I.Q. test now require HOURS on my part.)
(Too many words on pages gets Skooshie pretty frustrated & pissed off, and I'm coming to the realization that walking away and coming back at it later is the best thing for me to do.)

I haven't had the fortitude to finish one from this site yet... Although I haven't become a CNN headline story yet, so I guess THAT's good!

(When I was a trading pit broker, I used to be able to do math in my head, out to 15 decimal points (theoretical options pricing valuations) but lately I can't even make correct change in my head.)
Fun to be me, I guess. (Beats the FUCK out of the alternative though, I guess.)
(I KNOW it does (beat the alternative) but it's still frustrating as FUCK nevertheless.)

For whatever it's worth, I obtained a MENSA card on my 18th birthday. (I THINK I was about 195-200) (Now probably closer to 120-130, but as of this moment in time, I don't know for sure, as I haven't actually finished any of the tests I'm taking on my own (I am working with the 3 MD's and one shrink (my sis, who I put through school.) in my family.
So I've got EXTREMELY vested blood relatives/professionals helping me recover as best as I'm (now) able, is my point.

One SERIOUS skew to MY personality test is/was the fact that I've performed in front of thousands of people (who actually paid money to see me perform) so being the center of attention is no big deal to me, as is walking into a room of strangers and making a dozen new friends in seconds/minutes.
Eh, typing this out just gave me the 'gumption' to finish one of them, in a minute.

@Seamaiden: my previous post was more an attempt to 'make you smile' more than anything else.
If you EVER need someone to talk to, you know who*, has my contact info.
I BARELY sleep anymore, so I'm (usually) available 24/7 (Ask @indicabush)

(* OUR GOOD friend, and MY mentor!)

Just remembered he's out of town for a few more 'minutes' so PM heading your way with my contact info)

Hugs,
J
Sk
;-)_~~

Last edited:
pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

@Seamaiden and I both took the MMPI test and the results are somewhat cryptic but I'm going to talk with someone that may be able to interpret the results. As for the 16 type test, I'm a ESFP-T personality type...."The Entertainer"

tobh

tobh

Supporter
INTJ-T the architect
65% "I" lol

I came in at 87% "I" when I first took it a couple weeks ago, I'm sure that may be slightly lower now. Been getting out more often and whatnot lately.

@Seamaiden and I both took the MMPI test and the results are somewhat cryptic but I'm going to talk with someone that may be able to interpret the results.

That's what I read about the MMPI. Seems to be even if you find a version available to take, you definitely need someone in a professional position to explain to you what you indicated on said test.

Glad to see we have a really diverse variation of personalities roaming the farm, kinda cool how the internet has connected people that would otherwise probably not associate or had not been able to before.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

took the 16 personalities test linked above and got ESTJ as a result.

this is new, never knew about this index of personalities...

Last edited:
velocity

velocity

My results were , Dear sir you truely are the mad hatter. We need your location for further testing.

Fabio and jerry curl. Please it MUST be a 3 some not a 2 some. Rick James bitches!

Seriously though I do not put much stock in the tests. Reason is I have a bit of schizo in me so its very much whats going on. Give me my smoke, show bit of respect am very great listner and can give rational solid advice. Get me the least bit uncomfy or irratated your guess is mine. People ask me why I am self employed, my reply is the world is full of fools and idiots. Yep call me asshole. Let me get gonzo baked will take it.

Top Bottom