MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just checked out Dish for RV`s and It`s going to cost but I am going to order Satellite TV soon. I first need to replace my shore batteries and add to the battery bank and also add more solar panels. I`m going to build up to 500 watts of solar and replace the two 6 volt shore batteries along with adding maybe 6 more for more power storage. The shore batteries will also charge when the Motorhome generator runs or if I want to connect the plug when the Honda or Subaru generators run. I won`t be running generators as much as it`s cooling down and other than the AC everything runs on 12v , propane or inverters. Maybe on continuous stormy days when the sun is not as strong is all. I`m also looking into getting a large propane tank and having propane delivered at a lower rate.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got three more strains to go on the pollination. I hope it all takes and I don`t get any strays. Plants are looking good and the grey mold still seems in control. I`ll need to spray off and on. I`m looking forward to having the Oxi-Date come in at the grow shop! But the H2O2 is doing the job along with some bacterial mold insecticide and last spray I added some` bacterial` insecticide that kills caterpillars. Staying 100% organic ! Looking at some rain coming on and that will mean cooler temps and moister/humidity. Need to think starting of seeds for the winter grow soon so I can harvest before spring. Always ,always so much to get done and little time for fun stuff. I did hook up the inverter and plugged in the stereo receiver. Local FM without the generator anyway. such is life on the hill! Time to twist a fatty and kick back off my feet!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I could only squeeze two tanks of water from the spring fed creek before it turned so muddy it could wreck my pump. I`ll try again in the morning. This water shortage is serious ! If we have a drought again next year I may not be able to grow . I`m not giving my thirsty plants enough as it is, if their was any less water I`d have to save it for household use. It`s costing me so much time and money to hull and I can`t afford a well at 15 grand and up or a delivery bill of $800-900 a month for the garden, maybe if I got the kind of prices I did in the late 90`s I could. That`s if other prices such as food and fuel didn`t go up. I`m really hopping to be able to grow in the greenhouses this winter when there is enough water. But that will take some investing so again prices better go up for once. They went up slowly for years and then everyone and there family pets started growing and prices dropped and have never stopped. The water shortage is going to run many out of the game, just have to hang on I guess. I am very lucky to even have water as many people have dry wells around here, I still have a running spring even if it does run low most of the day.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam it the Oxi-Date can not be shipped to Cali ! I have no idea why as it is organic and safe to use. It`s priced at about $165 for a 2.5 gal concentrate but the only place that will ship it is on EBay and they want $343 plus shipping! I`ll have to check who I know from out of state that can re-ship so I`ll have it for next year. Have to keep up what I`m doing for this year ,it`s working but needs to be sprayed often and keeps me on my toes! I need to fetch water maybe two loads this morning again and then thinking off to town to re-supply.

urbanfog

urbanfog

Dam it the Oxi-Date can not be shipped to Cali ! I have no idea why as it is organic and safe to use. It`s priced at about $165 for a 2.5 gal concentrate but the only place that will ship it is on EBay and they want $343 plus shipping! I`ll have to check who I know from out of state that can re-ship so I`ll have it for next year. Have to keep up what I`m doing for this year ,it`s working but needs to be sprayed often and keeps me on my toes! I need to fetch water maybe two loads this morning again and then thinking off to town to re-supply.

I found this Mark, and they didnt stop me from going to check out with my Cali address. http://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...4yvyih3T3jzpS4JYwp9dwB6qdfnWGUjXq0RoChC7w_wcB
There is a extra "handling fee", but still cheaper than eBay, and easier than a double ship :) Hope it helps :D

Shipping Restriction: Ground Only

No-Ship States: Hi, PR, VI, GU, AS, PW

OxiDate® 2.0 - Oxidate® 2.0 -- 2.5 Gallon1$143.00
Subtotal:
Shipping:
Handling Fee:
Total:$143.00
$30.00
$35.00
$208.00

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
WOW ! I got a call last night and the office trailer is done. It has been moved to the front of his house and he asked if it would be good to move up the hill tonight after he gets off work. Hell yes it`s just peachy ! I`m going to have lots of room to trim a dry now and with some work a place to do some indoor for moms and clones. It looks like gas prices are still headed down wards so even though I won`t be able to get a wood stove in for winter the gas prices will still allow me to use generator power for heat, lights and fans this winter. still won`t be cheep but I should be able to run some stuff off for both this winter`s greenhouse grow and clone some for early next spring. Water will be the big problem for next summer as the drought goes on ! I don`t think I can depend of my spring supplying water through next year`s harvest. I need more water storage tanks for next year and will need to secure water deliveries towards the end of summer beginning of fall. The thing is everything will need moved when I get the pad done on the lower property. I keep building stuff up to be moved and have got little done towards the move. Just going to need a bigger pad put in I guess !

Going to take more pictures of the garden before I start to frame in the ends. Wish I had smell-o-vision!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Were getting rain! While it`s mostly welcome I`m not 100% prepared. The roof in the motorhome still leeks on one skylight , not sure about the trailers, have to wait until light to see if there is any damages. I think the covers on the greenhouses will be ok but the plants will need to be sprayed again to keep any mold down from the humidity. I`m thinking most people`s outdoor will be taking a good hit with harvest being a few weeks away yet.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Only leak was the skylight in the motorhome. It`s not to bad but any leak in an RV is bad. Both trailers are ok and the greenhouse is keeping the rain off the plants.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Despite the rain the plants needed watered today. I ran the battery down for the 12 volt pump so while charging I snapped a few late pics of the garden before the end frames go up. I got a couple of the office trailer as well. Not sure how well they came out as pics in the morning seem to be better. I`ll try to post the pics tonight. As you guessed It was cool this morning and I had a late start having the hardest time getting my old bones out of bed. Now trying to catch up some.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0553
DSCN0554
DSCN0555
DSCN0556

Top Bottom