MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My son and I have been working on harvest and we have had little help. Had his girlfriend and one of my daughters over last weekend but other than that no crew this year. Work has stopped most weekends and I`ve had to run to town more than enough times but we now have 65% of the first run in. Just taking the heavy tops and doing a farm trim ,drying on the bone and putting them in large tubs with lids that you can burp with. After it`s all in the dry trimming begins! I`m going to be in the office trailer trimming all winter! Oh and making hash. I may only have 9 plants next Spring or I may set out a few 300 gal. smart pots here and their in the forest. But I want to start working on my land so I can move down nearer to the creek and away from the public`s eyes! may not move this summer because I`m going to set all three greenhouses up for a winter run next year and hope to have most of the main work done on the property to move into. It`s been 5 years up here on the road and eating dust from every 4x4 that comes along and hope this summer will be the last one!

Organica

Organica

Wait a second Mark. Are you saying you've been puffin and growing since you were 6 lol reminds me of a kid I babysat on dead lot when I was in high school that was 7 and burning headie NUGS. His parents were like he can puff just don't feed him any doses. Im like oh thank god u said something i was gunna feed him a 10 strip lol the good old days.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well my son is off for the weekend to his girlfriend`s, can`t compete with that! We now have 2/3`s of the first run done of harvest. I spent most of the evening, after running my daughter around for work related stuff out of town, on working on the motor home generator. It had some kind of hydrated oil gunk in the carb , the plug was fowled, and the choke was stuck. needs a new plug and air cleaner but it`s running now. The Honda generator`s running but not putting any power out. I have the fans, lights and the new dehydrator running again and can get things drying again to make room for more harvesting! I guess I`ll put up more lines somehow and continue farm trim on the bone this weekend. This stuff is so dam sticky and not just the GG4 ether! I`m finding fan leaves that will make good hash so everything is being saved! Hell even some of the stems are frosty! If I can get a few fine trimmed and get some compensation/donations in time I might go over the second run more lightly and try to re-veg the half stocks. I`d need a full on light system , heat and the works but it would cut maybe a month of veg time down on a winter grow if they convert to veg in 2 months. Also they would have a larger root system already in place. I think I could pull maybe 2/3`s of the volume of this grow off of the next crop and still have some nice genetics that were donated to me from some of the Farm`s elite. I could also then take some cutting/clones and have a second stab at making some crosses using some of my better genetics in the process! I can1t give out some of the genetics to the population , such as Jew`s Gold, but there are a few great strains I could clone and disperse in Spring just in time for other people`s planting. Sorry on the ones I can`t disperse but gave my word! Maybe some time in the future I could get permission to send in some seeds from the crossings?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I know my blood sugar goes down when I light up ! It also helps with neuropathy , inflammation and pain. Increases my mood also. what gets me is why does music always sound so much better when your stoned?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Harvest goes on! My son took off most of this week but will return this Saturday with his girlfriend and sister to help. We are getting down on the first pass of harvest with about 7-8 plants left . We are leaving a lot for the second harvest or second round allowing for more mature buds. When it`s all in , farm trimmed and dry it will become time to do the dry trimming and continue with curing. It`s only after a good cure that I can get an accurate measurement of units. I think I did well though.

I plan on only doing 10-12 plants this Spring .A little over the new land use allotment. Going to be having work done on the lower property starting in Spring and thinking I`ll do a winter crop up on the ridge in Winter to make up for the lower spring yield. I should have my Greenhouses all done this Fall and don`t think the code enforcement officers will be out this way in the dead of winter anyway. Basically the winter grow will be more like an indoor grow with a little help from the weak winter sun. It will also cost like an indoor grow both in equipment and even more with running costs being it will be off grid. Should get indoor quality however . Thinking of using a combination of wood, propane and diesel powered electric heat. I would use wood when attending and electric when running generators with thermostatically controlled propane heaters when I`m not able to be around and as back up at night. Venting is solar powered/passive with 85 degree set thermal controls and thinking circulation fans would be 12v on batteries with trickle chargers when the power is on and maybe solar charged as well. Water pumps are 12v so only the lights will be 110v AC . Once I`m down on the lower property I`ll use all the equipment in underground cargo containers year round anyway. I`ll just do my 150 Square foot allowed by the county in the sun during the Spring-Fall. F@#K the county ! I`m not going to stop the family tradition because of those lame laws! Lame laws didn't stop me in the 50`s - 90`s when it could get you jail time and it didn't stop my family who have been growing from the early 1600`s. It won`t stop me with stupid fines now! I`m the only one in the family still in the game for the most part with a few doing just a few personal plants is all. Everyone else has gone on to do other ventures except me. I`ve done other things myself but always returned to my passion of farming. Not a lot of things an old disabled guy can do these days and I`m not yet ready for a rocking chair so.... If it gets legalized and the prices drop out I`m likely to do some breading anyway but may just switch much of my crops to medical shrooms. poppies and other medical plants I`ve have had in the garden all along. Also thinking of doing some organic Asian pears , coffee , grapes, berries, fruits and heritage veggies on the farm along with some small animals like rabbit and chickens. Can`t go to big on 10 acres but I`m getting to old to work even that much land .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been raining steady now for 9 or so hours. May have to put on a rain suit to do the outside chores this morning. Rain won`t hurt anything here as the greenhouses will keep my plants dry and I can continue to farm trim and dry inside so....let it rain! last year this would have been a disaster!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
getting the first run done, should be in before turkey day ! Not sure if I`ll try to go back over some of the plants. although the main tops were all taken a lot of bud that was ready was not cut do to hast. some of the stuff that was not ready where we first pulled is ready or nearly so now. I also need to start some fine trimming so something will be ready for market. Not sure yet if I should just work on getting everything I can in or getting some ready to go now. I could always use money but at the same time if I time the second run to late I could have a lot of bud go to waist that would otherwise be good. some of the second run will only be useful for hash material but I don`t want anything to go to waist this year like it did last year when I became sick during harvest. I worked to hard and put to much into this crop!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The first cut is done and the last of it is drying now. The stuff we first cut is hardened up enough to start cutting in the lower greenhouse but the rest has a ways to go. I`m worried the temps will drop to much at night and the stuff in the two upper greenhouses may freeze. I still haven`t got heat for them yet!!! But it just isn`t ready for a second go around. If they were smaller plants I could put some hay around them.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
1501730 1035301199829551 8994259532242552685 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ha Ha Ha ! I`ve had DNA tested and not only did my blood pass the test but have a court desission and some documental evidence of my royal desent. Not so with the Queen of England!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
One hell of a storm coming down and lots of much needed rain ! Wind is also blowing things around. Lakes are now 1/2 full but we lack the snow to keep them full this summer so were still in a drought despite the rain. I here much of Cali is in a flood warning stage. I`m staying dry but need it to let off awhile to gas up the generator and do my outside chores. I am still going over the 2nd cutting in the greenhouses and much of it did indeed harden up. I also see a lot of fair sized nugs still on the plants that need cut ,died, and process. It`s going to take much of the winter to do all this with little help. Real sticky stuff this year also!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ah most of my pollination failed on braches of my grow, however I did get some Jew`s Gold x Cherry Kush and some GG4 x Cherry Kush. Seems the pollen was bad on the Chemdog 91. Plugging away at the second run of harvest while my son is trimming on the first run through.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No not this time around. Most of my seedlings got frozen after it snowed so I ran clones that were donated along with just a few of mine that made it. I`m thinking I could try to clone some off the Orange Cookies and convert the clone back to veg along with starting a few seeds for pollen. I`d like to keep something of that strain along with a few others.

suomynona

suomynona

Mark, figured id share this in case you didnt catch it yet. Couty asshats approved half million dollar budget to enforce the new ordinance!

Im fuckin blown away.

Top Bottom