MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just an instant re-play. I think those are just a teaser to try to keep you playing . Don`t see any other reason for them . I see you only get instant re-play after the pot has been won and is low. Whole thing is rigged just like any gambling , the house has the greater advantage.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Three and a half more units done. That makes 15 done. I`m apprehensive about what my final count will be. I think the drought took a bigger toll than I`d thought. Oh well soon as that`s done I have tons of trim to do .I`m looking forward to Spring now. Thinking I should get more water tanks incase I need to have some water delivered, maybe three 2500 gal tanks. Need to invest in some screen to cover the open ends and raised sides on the greenhouse and a system of fans for circulation. I also want to get the heaters and two more controllers, everything ready to convert the greenhouses for the winter planting . I need the bud all trimmed and the hash made to make room for an indoor set up in the office trailer with mothers and cloning station in the veg room. I figure I can temporarily convert the office trailer for growing until I`m ready to move it and make it into a cabin. I `m looking to use it to make clones ahead of planting , small seed runs and mother plant section . If I don`t have need for any extra clones I can always rid my self of them,and when not making clones I can do smaller seed runs. May add some tent rooms so I can differ the lighting between 18/6 and 12/12 for different runs at the same time and less chance of accidental cross pollination. The office trailer is 10x40 with two rooms and wired for 220 and 110 with a metal door between two rooms and one to the outside. It has two wall AC units and five windows. no pluming though. I would need to pull the new carpet out and put solid roll vinyl flooring and a couple floor drains would be nice. wall could be covered in Mylar and panda film.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My father passed away peacefully today from long term hart problems. He was such a great man. I spent most of the day reflecting on all of the good times we had. I`m going to miss him so much! He was very young compared to most my relatives at only 89 years old. Almost all of my relatives have made it into there 100`s and many were not retired even then. My Grandmother was 97 and holding down three jobs, She died on the dance floor from hart problems, when she forgot her medication and had been drinking scotch whiskey. Dad died in his sleep. I remember him saying that was the best way to go out when it comes your time. God bless him! It`s a hard day for me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looking at my Dads medical history gives me insight to what is in store for me. Only he didn't`t have AS or Diabetes. I got the Diabetes from my mother`s side of the family. He beat the normal life span for a male by about 13.5 years, I can`t expect to do that. I figure I have maybe another 16-20 years. Doesn`t seem that much time right now. Putting priorities in order is on my mind. Then again if that`s the time God gives me I should make the most of it as any of us could go any time. I know you can`t take material things with you but what is important is your relationships with God and other people. I think love transcends. We will all meet on the other side so how we treat each other makes a lot of difference in this life and the next. How many people care about you is your real and tangible wealth .I feel sorry for the 1% as they are so off target in life ,power and control are fleeting. Most of history is full of people chasing after the wrong things in life. We all have needs but what good is putting all of your time and efforts into building up more than you need if you can`t bring it with you? I`m thinking friendship and earned respect is real spiritual gold. What ever position I find myself in when I cross over , I`d rather be among lots of people who care about me when I get their ! That said there is nothing wrong with earning things in this life as long as it is done through honest hard work and hurts know one in the process. One should always work towards making a better world than the one we were born into for thoughts who will come after us.

My Dad built up a lot of wealth and in the next few years that will pass to us kids. But what I got of most value has already been passed on to me from birth. Work hard, play hard and don`t hold a grudge. Be fair with others, respect others, be the kind of person who is cared for and respected by others. He thought me what is important by example. The world has lost a great man ,but heaven has gained a great man.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sorry to hear about your dad mark im glad you had good memories to help you though

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well I have one of my daughters up, the other one couldn`t make it this time. Going to try to get a chunk of trimming done. Not just the order I have now but as much more as possible. I need the room to start hash production and to convert some of the office space into a grow room. I will be starting some of my own seed for the next grow and need mother plants to take clones from for the grow. I also have a bunch of other chores I need to be getting done before planting this year. My son won`t be here this year to help me through out the grow but will be up from time to time to help on some projects. I need set up better so I can concentrate my efforts on growing. It`s going to be very nice weather.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We got a few more units done and I almost have my solar panels up and running. Just need to connect them up. It`s a warm one and not feeling to good. Blood sugar has been high but is slowly going down again. Got to take better care of myself and eat right. I just got way to much on my plate.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m starting some of my older seeds today but unsure if I`ll get any of those to pop. Got a mess to work on. The black tank is plum full in the travel trailer and the Alaska septic is badly needing dug up and cleaned out again. I got a bunch of stuff piled up on me to get done before Spring planting this year, not sure how I`ll get it all done in my condition. I will have some help from my kids off and on but still not sure if it will be enough. I plan on doing a Sea of Green using modified tunnels and then converting the tunnels back to full greenhouses for planting again in the Fall for a winter crop back on back. With any luck I should have the survey done and the logging and firewood cut leaving a pad this Spring so will need the recourses to put in a well, septic and other infrastructure this summer. By next Spring I hope to be planting down by the creek and moved in off this dusty road for good! Then I can start thinking of doing some serious seed work again ! I`ll have the room to do bud, seed and clone runs all at once, just not sure I`ll have all the energy needed to get to that point let alone keep it up! It will be awhile until my inheritance starts to dribble in and I might just retire all together at that point .My grandkids will be old enough to possibly remember me by then and I`d like to spend more time with them. I`m sure I`ll always dabble in breeding and may release a few strains now and again but if I get MC`s seeds going again now it will only be around full time for a few years at best.

H

happy b

First off ,sorry to hear about your dad mark . What you said about your other family and your grand mother made me smile . 97 with 3 jobs and dies on the dance floor!she sounds like a remarkable women.
I hope you can get your crops going the way you want . awesome thread by the way,it's gotta be one of the longest running thread on the farm . lol.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a lot of really great strains from my Grandmother when she went, many were brought with her as she crossed to the West in a covered wagon as a small girl. She is the one who passed along Jefferson`s Porch , a family heirloom strain given to an ancestor by Tomas Jefferson`s father in Virginia Colony.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not sure I`m a shinning light, more like a fading one. Hard to see the stars anymore and not to easy to stand out with so may bright up and coming stars in the sky. Well I been around before many so that`s something. How many people you know smoked weed with the Haze Brothers, most the people involved with Sacred Seeds and a ton of other people before they came to fame in this culture? But it`s all just memories now and that too is fading with time! Some of my most remarkable memories are with ordinary people though , not people with wealth or fame. I remember smoking pot in front of a cop in SF and he had know idea what it was! LOL! Then there was the day we were sitting on a parked bench in the park and we got interviewed by a TV reporter who called us Hippies. We had no idea what hippies were. Wasn`t a few weeks later a tour bus , one of those double deck ones with no top, came up and stopped to show the Asian tourists the Hippies. Wasn`t much later than that Dr. Tim hit the spot light and again I was caught in the back ground of the cameras while he talked about acid to the reporters. I remember the smell of gas at war protests and the fear of the police coming over the crowds as they braved the news of Kent State. So many memories of those days. People have know idea how much better it is now, and how much worse it is at the same time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I been dealing with more than people know and my blood sugar is very slowly getting back down at the same time. Got the fridge coils and condensation drain cleaned out , and changed the oil and filter in the motor home generator today. I started a couple strains of seeds but no tails showing yet. I`m thinking of starting some other strains to see what will hatch soon as well. Not going to mention what strains until I got healthy seedlings but the ones that are successful will be picked through for moms, breeding, and clones for the next planting.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Man I get exhausted just listening to how busy you are hehe. Always lots of hard work behind a successful man.
Very sorry about your loss mark. Sounds like you were very blessed though to have such a great dad by your side. I missed having that in life, but it inspires me to be the best dad I can be to my children.
I really enjoy reading of all your experiences. Keep on trucking brother , your the man !!

Top Bottom