MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
M.C., From what you have said..I think you are close to me here in Cali. near where I live too! Clone guy's are not reliable here! Some times..maybe.. So I am doing seed runs! I have fun doing it! Right now I have JJ-NYC Top Dawg seeds..Star Dawg lX 4 growing from a pack and 9 Double Under Dawg's up and growing, from 1 pack! No clones yet..my buddy said he will be stopping by with some clones that I want..he said that in..like beginning of May..
but..it is June..and I still have not seen or heard any thing!! Glad I did not wait on him! Lol.. Enjoy your thread! monkey5

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Lightning , Thunder and hard rain coming down! Lightning hitting the ground all around me. Got what I could covered but didn`t finish. Not going back outside until it`s over. Been hit by lightning before and it isn`t fun ! Kind of like an 11 hour acid tip in a split second. Very painful though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam I was going to top some of my clones to make more clones of the strains I want the most. But it`s raining and stormy and looks like more of the same. It`s also been cool at night and it`s going to be that way for a while now. Not enough rain to do more than make a mess and maybe keep the dust a t bay for a day or two. If it`s going to rain it needs to dump a few inches so the run off will amount to something ! Otherwise it needs to stay cleared up so people can get stuff done !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Great News for growers in Butte and other counties!!!! In a suit brought against Laker Co. a Federal judge through out the case against Cannabis growers who were not in compliance with county code enforcement laws. He found that a search warrant was needed as the County did not show good cause to search the properties / eminent danger to persons or public. This sets a presidents for mandatory search warrants to inspect properties. If a case were to come up laws enacted would protect defendants with the rights of discovery,meaning informants would have to be undercover agents to be anonymous. This would not effect the limits to grow size or count, but now they will have a much harder time just getting on properties uninvited.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I thought the county overstepped there boundaries with the no search warrant search on privet land as well as using anonymous complaints for probable cause. I still think we need to fight this further. I`m thinking with some organization, PR work and some volunteer workers we could turn this around . All I hear is how they are short officers and money to increase wages to keep officers. I can`t see how the county supervisors can excuse the funding for a program that costs money and does nothing to make us safer. What we are really fighting is a bad propaganda machine that spits out unfounded fears.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
we got more lightning, thunder and this time a measure of rain. I think it`s predicted to do the same again tonight. It`s clear, cool and moist this morning. Thing is it`s so hard to get any sleep at night with the RV shaking from lightning strikes. I`ll get what I can done today though. Before the storm my daughter brought up my two grandsons and we had a nice visit for a few hours. Enjoyed the hell out of the visit ! Wish it was longer is all.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Chopper been flying all morning. All around me but not on the ridges. They`ve been going up and down the canyons and following the creeks. I haven`t been able to make out who they are as they`ve been just out of eye site of me all day. The last time this happened code enforcement was out a week later. They say they are not pro-active but work only on complaints, but they are liars! I`m trying to get some pictures of them but none so far. To many trees in the way to see them .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Had the Forest Service do a drive by about an hour before a storm hit. Lots of lightning and rain. I`d expect them to drive around the boundaries of FS land after a storm with lightning. Maybe they wanted to see where people were just incase of a fire?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Krap I was going to go for a fasting blood test this morning but my blood sugar was low even before I took my medication. I`d never make it all the way to town without having something to eat or I`d pass out ! I`m way behind on having my blood test and my doctor`s has been set back until I can get the lab work done. I was up late last night pressing hash and although I ate a little because of the munchies, my blood sugar is low this morning. I only got 3 oz of hash pressed. It takes about an hour per pressing because I have to heat the press with hot water and before opening it it needs to cool. I even put th whole press in the freezer trying to speed things up but the fastest I could do was 45min. per pressing. I have 7 lbs to press and my guy is waiting on my order down south. 7lbs. is 112 oz. that's going to take awhile! I did take some pics and will post the little I got done last night. It`s getting hot and I`m not sure I can work in the day time as the heat from the pressing over rides the RV AC making it hot and humid. I remember when I first moved up here after losing my home to the Banks. I lived in a tent then with nothing but my clothing and my dog Brute. I`m more sick now with the on start of diabetes but mostly I think I`ve become spoiled again. Well this old guy will do what I can as fast as I can and get that order out! I also have other projects going on and my son isn`t here to help this year. I kind of miss him and not just for the help he did. But he`s doing fine with his GF and job so going to have to make it on my own. Always lots of work to keep me going anyway!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0582
DSCN0579
DSCN0579
DSCN0581
DSCN0584

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Use the alcohol to clean the press and the hemp oil to lube the piston and cylinder walls a little. Got the dark one pressed a little to hard. It will be a little harder to brake a piece off to use on that one. It`s been awhile and you have to go by feel when you press them so hard to get even pressings. You want it pressed hard enough to seal the outside and not so hard as to make them like a rock when it comes time to consume. I`ve have pressed hash that was done right be as good ten years later as the day it was pressed. I`m not sure just how long this stuff can last but I understand 1000`s of years is possible, not that mine lasts that long, LOL!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh forgot this is from last years grow. Mostly Orange Cookies and some GG4 , maybe a little SFV and Blue Dream. The RV still smells nice this morning ! I`ll take more pics when I have a pile of Pressed disks to show off , LOL! Smoking a bowl for all you farmers out there this morning and to get my lazy ass going on chores this morning !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Krap this is taking a lot longer to press than I remember. I been burning the midnight oil but it just takes time to heat the press and cool it down so you can remove the cake. I get tired and start making dumb mistakes , like not screwing down the top all the way. This causes the piston to jam or if not it`s near impossible to lower the jack while full without spilling the kief. Labor of love though, just like trimming !

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

hey hey .. MC hope you doin well today, gotta be careful if you have Sugar problems..
that Keif loooked good to me, once you get it down, you'll be fine with the pressing..
trial and error my friend ..and you have previous exp . that should help... that looks like
a comfy Place to relax & maybe smoke a Doobie... ~!
Grow Strong, like always (-:
Stay high and be well

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I took much of yesterday off from pressing and went to town for supplies. Need to get 50 lbs. of dog food and the gas and diesel off the truck and put away this morning and fetch a load of water , then back to pressing hash ! Yep know what I`m dong pressing hash , just got way to sleepy as I was up late into the night without sleep. I`ll continue to press hash but I can`t put that much dedication into it anymore. I get going and forget I`m an old fart. Can`t handle to much burnt midnight oil like I did when I was younger. And I also have other things to keep up on . I`ll do what I can, it`s just my guy is ready for my trip down south now and I`m not quiet ready yet. My fault , I was thinking I was superman and set things up pre- maturely. I really also want to get this trip out of the way and get my attention back into this year`s grow!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

good luck with your Trip.. hope it works out ok.. I posted a few more pics... in my thread ..
not sure if ya got to check em out yet.. anyway Be well old Fart!!! lol
could'nt resist.. (-:

Top Bottom