MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got the muffler and a new air cleaner on the light tower . It didn`t have the middle light coming on and I replaced the bulb and it flickered on for a second when I hit the braker but I need to clean the socket I think. An other day. The tower is up and it`s got two lights on for a few hours tonight. I`ll work on it again and see if I can also adjust the lights a little better when I do. Also want to drive around and see just how visible this thing is going to be.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0613

DSCN0614
DSCN0615
DSCN0616
DSCN0617
DSCN0618
DSCN0619
SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Got the muffler and a new air cleaner on the light tower . It didn`t have the middle light coming on and I replaced the bulb and it flickered on for a second when I hit the braker but I need to clean the socket I think. An other day. The tower is up and it`s got two lights on for a few hours tonight. I`ll work on it again and see if I can also adjust the lights a little better when I do. Also want to drive around and see just how visible this thing is going to be.
Yeah you Don't need a Beacon.. LOL cool you got the Muffler Nice shiney Spiffy New one .. To bad about 3rd light but
either way.. got you some Extra Light hours .. Grow Strong~!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well the middle light is getting power so it`s not the ballast or wiring. That leaves the dirty socket, so just needs a good cleaning to have a better contact. I think two 1000w Metal Halides are enough anyway. You should see the amount of light when it`s very dark ! I wanted to run 400 w MH shop lights wired up in the Greenhouses but I just didn`t have enough time to stop flower as it would have taken days more work. I went down and turned off the light tower and forgot to bring a flashlight . Nothing like stumbling around in the dark, LOL!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

You should see the amount of light when it`s very dark ! I wanted to run 400 w MH shop lights wired up in the Greenhouses but I just didn`t have enough time to stop flower as it would have taken days more work. I went down and turned off the light tower and forgot to bring a flashlight . Nothing like stumbling around in the dark, LOL!
LoL Yeah Stumble .. stumble I can just imagine how much light those things put out .. considering they're designed for lighting up
a field.. :) Playyyyy Ball ! LoL

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to town today and had to rush back to turn on the light tower. This is day 3 of under the lights. Son`s coming tomorrow and hope to start work insulating the beds. Also I was told the surveyors would be up with a complex GPS unit to find my boundaries in the brush, you think? My daughter said she plans on paying me back $2000 she owes me on the 20th(ish), again we`ll just have to see if that happens.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m working on it! I should have no problem getting one GH ready for a winter grow. The problem will be having room for a seedling/clone room when it comes time to also be trimming.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh called the surveyors up and he`s sick, again! I just don`t believe them anymore.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Plants been on the lights now for 4 days , they are still growing in size but still in flower. Maybe just stretch? I`m going to hit them again with some tea in the morning and increase the light time a little to see if it works. takes 3 weeks to reverse the flower and hope I can get some growth during that time to increase yield. Can`t go to long with the lights, ether it will work or I will have to take what I can get. after flip it should take 7-9 weeks before harvest. I can`t push the time out to long as it goes into the rainy season and I`ll need some time to get the next crop started and do harvest. If I push it to far I`ll ether have a shorter time on the next grow and lower yields or I`ll end up with the next grow wanting to reverse into veg come next spring. Really hurt not being abole to putthe lights on sooner. Oh well I got the light tower now for future grows.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I hit the plants with the tea this morning. Took way to long as the 12v battery wasn`t charged and the pump gave out. I had a new back pump now installed. trimmed the lower branches some more and turned on the lights. Running them until 11:30 pm now. I`ll water deep in the morning and empty the water in the truck into the1000 gal tank then run for what ever water I can get out of the spring. also re-attached some rubber molding coming lose on the side of the motorhome with hot glue and replaced a double overhead 12v light in the galley area using one from the travel trailer. wanted to water tonight but forgot to take my meds and my feet are hurting to bad. Dam nerve pain! I should have a pentle receiver being delivered in the next few days and need to get one more bolt off the hitch on the old wrecked Silverado so I can put it on the other truck. I`ll need it wired up for lights and some other work done this Fall. So much to get done before the rainy season and harvest/ replanting!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam it`s hazy outside from smoke. I may have to run my lights all day just to try to get my plants out of flower!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Soaked the plants with 1250 gallons of water. Believe it or not I could have used a little more. It took all of the 1000 gallon tank and a load off the truck that`s now empty. Didn`t get time to run for an other load. Spring would have been to low. I also need to fill my fresh water for the RV soon , that`s an other 250 gallon same as on the truck. Going to take a few days to catch up, more I use the longer it will take. The trick is to water deep , not often. Letting the top lire dry helps keep mold and bugs down. I need to make some time to put on the insolation and plywood on the beds and screen it all in. that would hold most bugs out while letting me retain say lady bugs in the greenhouses. Later when it get cold all the time the sides could roll down and ends of plastic could go up. I think I should get lights right down inside over the plants to run , maybe just some 400 watt core and coil shop lights and wire them in to the generator. In bud I could add a few 600w HPS and put conversion lamps in the 400w shop lights. I should have both propane and electric heaters The lights will put off heat when they`re on. I can keep the barrel fans up and add CO2 generators. I need some controllers need to set this up like an indoor grow room , three of them set to run ether veg or flower. I could use a few starter switches for the generator. put the controller and timer set with a power off/on timer run on a battery bank and trickle charger. that way it would do everything but run the watering. now add a timed soaker set up and hey life could be easier. Not really I`d end up starting more projects . Like to electrify the barb wire fence to keep wildlife outside so I can have chickens and rabbits. Maybe pigs at some point. I`d also like to be able to fence Brute inside so he can run loose when ever I`m home. Be nice to get him a blue nose pit female so he can make me some more good dogs. I love these things ! Always had cow dogs growing up. Oh one nice old lab also.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam radar ! Looked like a big storm coming in so spent 20 min. putting everything under cover and tomorrow it will take an extra 20 min . to take it all back out. I was hoping to see the dust washed off everything for awhile! No dry lightning anyway. This has been a test , this is only a test! Had there been weather it would have been broadcast on your emergency weather band, This has only been a test!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have a lot to get done today. I need to start catching up on water, I can only get 1 or two loads of water in the mornings when the outflow of the creek is ok. After that it takes way to long as you have to almost idle the pump to keep from sucking sand and muck. I also need to make a trip to town and keep up on the watering that also should be done in the mornings. I`d like to do some work on the insulation of the beds before my son gets here. Going to meet him early Saturday morning where he will help me load some lumber on the truck for projects and follow me up to work all day. Seems everything needs done in the mornings and there just isn`t enough mornings around. I get up early every day. Love to be able to sleep in just once and not get farther behind!

germinator

germinator

I've been lurking this thread for a lonnnnnng time. Dude I hope all is well....every time I watch the news it's all about the fires n Cali
omfg.........think of you out there and hope you are safe and sound.
Best vibes your way. Be safe

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Sloughed off, got two loads of water , cleaned out the muck in the spring and went to town for supplies. Going for one load of water early in the morning before taking the tank out for room to go get plywood. Looks like the plants are growing and coming out of flower after using the light tower every night now for 5-6 nights. I1ll keep it up until the plants are big enough and cut the tower lights for bloom.

Top Bottom