MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looked up the web site for the real estate agencey and it isn`t listed.Called him up and maybe because it`s Saturday the person who answered said he`s bizzy. Try again manday. I`d like to see the listing and what it says,price,ect.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
One problem is as long as it`s for sale people will be coming in to look at the property.So maybe it is better if it does sell? Wish I had the money to buy it.

joeca1i

joeca1i

2 guys,interested in a property with a creek,and they'll fix the road.So a fixed road means?Why would they wants a creek?And yours has a creek?

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Water..

You need water to garden! monkey5

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Anyone who is looking at land would want water. Spring,creek, or well. Makes the property worth more. I`m sure there plan is to grow. Problem is can they be trusted? Would they have lots of people coming and going? ect.,ect.?

Another problem the `realitor` is not a licenced real estate agent. The web site for the agencey he said he works for doesn`t list this property. I also found out many of the properties are not listed that they offer to growers.Also some of the properties they have listed, were listed as 215 friendly in the past. They also do under the table morgages.

joeca1i

joeca1i

Sounds like that area will be getting more traffic,since its the scouting season, I would think..As for a road,could be a curse or a blessing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
There really hasn`t been much trafic around here as it`s been very cold. Most people around here have grown up here and they don`t need to scout around much. You can drive around on the nearest paved road and you will see ever single house or cabin that people live at year -a round had a 215 garden. The people at the nearest store tell me there isn`t a single house hold that doesn`t smoke/grow there own here.Been that way for many years. The only problem is there are a few rippers,most from out of the area.Snitches and rippers don`t last long around here. Most seem to get lost in the forrest and never get found.

I stopped at a driveway where they were selling apples the other day and a little old grandmother came out.I asked how much a large bag of apples were and she said it depended on the quality of the trade.They all seem to barter here alot.I showed her less than an 1/8 and she pulled out a small one hitter pipe.It must have been good enough cause I got a large bag of apples for a very small amount of smoke.Couldn`t have been enough for more than a few j`s worth. Great tasting apples also!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep but most of the bartering deals are tuff! They all seem to think my smoke is good stuff but they want so much for everything! I`ve looked at a few atv`s I`d like to have but they all want way more than I`m willing to provide in trade.One problem is everyone aready grows lots of meds.Only edge I have is the strains I have are much different than what they have around here.I`m also trying to get seeds from them but most are not willing to share,the ones who are want to trade with clones.None of these people seem to have ever been on the internet,they just haven`t heard of most of the strains out there.At the same time the stuff going around is ether old school or never had it before myself. It`s like going back into the mid 60`s or something. This place is trapped in time!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
May be getting some rain tonight. Been frosty at night and warms up around 10 am.I can`t get much done by myself up here when it`s cold because my bones hurt too much! A light rain would be welcome because it makes the ground solfer to work on the road. Soon as I get a bunch of BS done I plan on working on some burms and some brush root balls in the upper part of the road. I started cutting the brush low to the ground at the begaining of the road.Then I learned that when you drive over it it will pop your tiers! Now I have to dig all the root balls up by hand to the point I started cutting higher on the brush.Soon as this is done I`ll be able to drive part way down the road and it will make working on the lower end much easyer. The burms in the road should be taken down with a dozer but I`m short of cash because of being ripped again this Fall. I think they were put there to keep water run off from damaging the road. In time I`ll have to put a drainage ditch in and drainage pipe running under the road in places to keep damage down.For now just need access to the property by Spring or at least the creek.Thinking i should work on a few trees that are down over the lower part of the road and get an estimate on the dozer work needed. I can`t depend on someone buying the property next to me and pushing in a road for me,may happen or may never happen.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Hope All Is Well

Great to read about whats going on in your neck of the woods, some friends will be helpful up there. I still think a logger/logging company could help you out considerably getting the road cleared as well as logging and getting some money. Sounds like things are going pretty good, I love bartering and do quite a bit myself. Take care and keep warm

mal

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
How does one go about finding loggers to log ones property? I see nothing but tree removal out fits in the yellow pages and nothing on line or anywhere. Do they even advertise anywhere? Also Ihear alot about shady people who rip you off of the value of timber while leaving big messes behind.If I do find people to log my property how can I check on there reputations? Where do I look?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK found info about logging online.It`s not simple but I should start by finding a Professional Forester or Forest consultant. I found several of them in the local phone book.Here is a web page on the subject;

First I should deside just what I want done. I don`t want any brush left as it does nothing for the land.I do want oak and madrone trees for firewood but there is more than enough in the area around my property for fire wood so they could go as well. I want a good fire break around the whole of my property down to the dirt. Maybe leave the trees along the creek. Most of them anyway. Other than that I don`t want the land to have much of anything.I can always put new starts in the ground where and with what I want. Thinking of orchards and garden areas maybe asian pear trees with a tall electric fince around the whole property. Some ceder and pines along the creek where you first come on to the property lines then open area and flate as possible at the bottem. The upper part of the property would not be as important as it could be used for future fire wood gathering.Could leave any oak and madrone there but take out useful timber and any brush .In all I want the road in fixed up as well as the surounding Forest Service roads including drainage and culverts. I want at least two + acres of mostly level land in the most sunny part of the ten acres as a pad for building a cabin,yard,grauge,and growing area.Wasn`t really looking to have more area than that but it is a ten acre parcel so not sure what I could use the rest for. Any ideas out there? Maybe some more cabins for family and friends at some point or make some RV spaces? If I had more open space I`d consider a music stage and RV camping area. Could have some great parties out here at some point. That would be fun. I could see having bands in the summer and an outdoor bar and grill. Oh I`m doing some BBQ steaks tonight and there is a beautiful red sunset. may start up the fire pit and eat outside tonight!

M

mars

Wish I had some property. Always wanted some. Ya never know though next could turn out prosperous even with all the end of the world stuff.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I had a house in town but lost it to the banks because of a ripper.The kid turned out to be a friend of my kids who developed a nose candy problem.I had taken out an arm loan just before the realestate crash and was upside down on my loan.Fixed the house up nice between the loan and my back disability. So thought I`d just grow myself out of debit when the brat started ripping me to feed his habit. I ended up growing at a co-op and had an extra 100 lbs the next summer.Been living in a RV now for some time but did some barter for the 10 acres of forest land. It`s going to take me years to get to where I want again, but this time it will be done without loans from crooked banks! I ended up being ripped by a partner even out in the forest. It put me back a little is all cause I can always grow more, but he has burned a few bridges for himself and for maybe 10 lbs it doesn`t make any sense.This was no kid ether! All I can say is there are way to many people who have addictive problems around these days! I want nothing to do with anyone like that! I`m tired of getting burned because of other people`s problems! Anyway mars if you work hard you can own your own place,it can be done.I`ve done it a few times, but hope this will be the last time and I can have a place of my own for keeps. I`m just getting to old to have to keep starting over all the time.

M

mars

Damn coveters; ( those who long to posses, esp. what belongs to another - greedy.) Seems the only effort these evil nit-wits can exert is to do wrong to other in order to fullfill there wants, instead of laboring in an upright manner to obtain what they want.
Stay safe MC. mars

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve watched over the years and though who I call users never end up with anything while those who labor for there wirth may incounter difficultly but provail and are successful.Those who except there limits and except help from friends do the best when they insure that those who are truely helpful also benifit for there efforts.I think it`s just a natural law or something.

I went to bed and late last night it seemed to be raining.I woke up to a splinkling of snow here and there.It was cold last few days.It`s mostly sunny this morning.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Logging

Lots of people around me are loggers, so I just asked one of my friends to do the logging. But here is the deal I made. They logged, we went and touched every tree they were going to take, the wood is split 50/50 between me and the logging company(my friend). When I had my place logged I made a deal with my neighbor/friend that each year he would come back over and drag the tree tops I wanted up to my house in a pile by my wood stove. When they cut down a tree they only take from 15-20 ft.( the log) and leave the top, you can make whatever deal you want with the tree tops when bartering the job. So when these tree's are cut down and taken to the saw mill the logging company gets a check and usually 1/2 of that check is yours. You can have your place logged every 8 years, and in between burn the tree tops for your heat. I have an outdoor wood stove (Hardy) that sits 100 feet down wind of my house and heats my house/hot tub/house hot water. I have used it to heat the tub/water in the summer and I just had to throw a couple big pieces of wood in the stove every couple of days. Find some good people/ your buddy up there and ask him who is a good logger. They will clear you a spot(the 2 acres) and build you a road in as part of the job, the rest is negotiable. If you have any questions feel free to pm me, I guarantee they could help you considerably and put some $ in your pocket as well. It would be a good way to start on your next castle, take care
The woods will look worse for the wear right after logging, but when the spring comes look out and the next year you'll hardly notice anything has been cut

mal

fractal

fractal

I had a house in town but lost it to the banks because of a ripper.The kid turned out to be a friend of my kids who developed a nose candy problem.I had taken out an arm loan just before the realestate crash and was upside down on my loan.Fixed the house up nice between the loan and my back disability. So thought I`d just grow myself out of debit when the brat started ripping me to feed his habit. I ended up growing at a co-op and had an extra 100 lbs the next summer.Been living in a RV now for some time but did some barter for the 10 acres of forest land. It`s going to take me years to get to where I want again, but this time it will be done without loans from crooked banks! I ended up being ripped by a partner even out in the forest. It put me back a little is all cause I can always grow more, but he has burned a few bridges for himself and for maybe 10 lbs it doesn`t make any sense.This was no kid ether! All I can say is there are way to many people who have addictive problems around these days! I want nothing to do with anyone like that! I`m tired of getting burned because of other people`s problems! Anyway mars if you work hard you can own your own place,it can be done.I`ve done it a few times, but hope this will be the last time and I can have a place of my own for keeps. I`m just getting to old to have to keep starting over all the time.

You're a tenacious guy mark, I have a ton of respect for you. It seems to be a problem when you work with partners doesn't it always? The way you got ripped I did to myself basically. . . Bought a lot of coke thinking I could make cash off it then I realized WTF I don't want to get caught up in dealing powder! So I did it all myself and let my control of things go to shit this past year, that and the ex trying to kill me just did me in. Anyways off rant, you are the man you can pull it off next season for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom