MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The battery is dead on my laptop thos morning. I still have my smart phone and can use the laptop while i have the generator going. Have to go to town today for fuel and will look around on the internet for a replacement to night. Going to start gleaning the garden next. I'm thinking of taking it to a friends and having him make ice hash out of it. He wants half for making it . I might make some pressed but it takes so much fuel to make power for the tumbler and so much work ! He makes great ice hash anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got some fuel, watched Starwars, Got back and ordered a new laptop battery. Starwars was ok but the ending was dull. Mark Hamel didn`t even have a talking part? Movie just didn`t have the same feel to it. Harrison Ford was good though. I charged my battery and now it`s holding a charge? Computer came on and no message about having a failed battery and it shows fully charged on start up? Been raining all night and expect it will continue until this afternoon. I couldn`t sleep well although I was very tired, my cat kept running around the motorhome like a nut and keeping me awake. Expect she will sleep all day now and do it all over again tonight. Hell she must be about 16+ yrs old and her battery isn`t wearing out at all!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Holly shit ! Very strong winds, lightning, thunder, heavy, rain! Shaking the hell out of the motorhome!! This is putting a stop to any progress today I can`t step outside even without being drenched! worried about some of the pine trees in the wind with the ground so wet. They could become up rooted. Not even sure about the roads. mud and rock slides? trees down? And although it isn`t snowing it should be as it`s so cold today !!! Seems it`s becoming the norm to have weather in the extreme this year.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
12509725 901173300002616 6705930151158655546 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Stopped on my way back from getting a lab test for my doctor`s appointment tomorrow at my buddies house on the HWY to medicate some and ran into snow on the pass just above me on the way home after that. I was thinking pineapple express with more tropical wet weather so it took me back a little to see snow. Had to switch to 4x4. This is a rescheduled appointment because of snow last time so hope I`ll be able to make it. The blood test part is out of the way now anyway. It was a fasting test so I brought coffee and a sandwich with me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey got some sun for awhile today.Saw my DR. And doing fine but gained some weight. Got my new laptop battery and putting a full charge on it tonight. Still drying flowers going to cull next.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I was able to take down about half of the buds in the dry room last night. Going to work on the rest to get it down today. Every time I stop the generator humidity goes back up so I need to be well supplied in fuel before I start an other round of drying. It`s going to be hard to burp the tubs of bud as I will need to dry out the dry room each time. I don`t think I`ll be able to trim much until I get a break in the weather. It`s just to humid. Oh well, the longer it takes the better the prices will be ! I`m also going to have as much as 200 lbs of bud and plant material to cull for hash. I`ll be taking it to a friends to dry and turn into bubble hash , he gets half. May get as much as 10 units of hash but we will see what it comes to. He and his wife make some very good bubble hash. If I get a break from all of this I have tons of work that needs to be done. Still have that Alaska septic to dig out also, not a fun job!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been raining hard all night and all this day. Hope it lets up long enough to do my chores is all. If I`d known this was going to happen last summer I`d have built an ark or two to sell. I don`t think water will be an issue for me next crop. The lakes still need a lot more to fill up so Southern Cali will still be in a drought but if we can end up with a snow pack in the high mountain's it should be ok. Sure glade I got the roof to stop leaking on my motorhome!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got yesterday`s chores done in the rain, went for a load of fuel last night. Should be able to get some stuff done today. Light rain off and on is predicted. Got a big rut in the road that was caused by the run off water. the road coming in needs to be redone with drainage in mind. Seems every year someone springs for it to be scraped with a box scraper but it`s down to rock in many places, It needs to be built up and have some ditches and drain pipes put in , new gravel would also be nice. The county doesn`t work on this dirt road. Part at the top is Forest Service road, much better road ,but they don`t do much but keep the brush back on the sides and it also needs some work. I asked the Forest Service about when they could do some work on a part that gets 2 ft. of water in a puddle and they said no money for it. They did say I could fix it if I wanted to , they hunt around here and it would be welcome to them. The problem with growers is they don`t want the road fixed up too much because it would increase traffic. Most people, including LEO don`t want to take there nice 4x4`s down this road and get the paint scratched up and mud in the finders. HWY Patrol won`t come out here, even when they were called about a broke down bashed up stolen vehicle that was blocking the road a few years back. I had to find the owner and AAA came out and picked it up. I get worried about being able to get out if there was a fire in the summer! Emergency vehicles would be blocking the road, there isn`t any place for them to get off the road or turn around in most places. Soon as I can get the road into my pad I need to think about getting the other land owners together and seeing if we can do something about the road . It needs to be done right, not just keep scraping it every year or so!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got half of the garden culled but gave me a back ache. Looking like rain again. Need a break anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been up most of the night and running the generator all night to dry the last of what`s hung up to dry. I also need to cull the last half of the garden, today if possible. Got to get this done while I still have enough gas to dry with ! Once it`s in the tubs it`s nearly air tight so it can be stored awhile and just burped once in a while until I can get to trimming it. Man this is a late crop ! I will need to do some work up on my soil next and start some seeds early enough to sex them for the next crop. I want to run my own genetics this Spring and make some extra clones for sale to help me off set the costs of the grow a little. Starting to look at genetics for the grow. Needs to be dank, and heavy budded stuff. Also good smell and general bag appeal. I think I`ll also be looking for stuff I`ve also grown in this climate before and does well.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got 4 more tubs of material for hash to take over to my friends to make bubble hash today . Got one more row to cull and then what`s under all the screens to cull as well. I also got much of what was left on the lines dried and put away. Storm coming in so needed as much done as I could. I also did some cleaning up on my tool shed today. wish I had an other touple weeks of good weather so I could get everything caught up and then just trim buds!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Waiting it out on this new storm so I can get some work done! Going to do some personal care and house cleaning I guess. My daughter`s coming over with her family on Saturday. The kids worry a lot about me being up in the remote mountains by myself all the time and I don`t want my kids worried about old Dad. Like to look on top of things ,even though I`m far from being on top of things ! I`m always behind in fact ! We I do ok for my abilities these days.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Almost midnight and can`t get to sleep. Windy storm outside is shaking the motorhome. Going to have a mess in the morning. Wind gauge shows gusts have been as much as 123mph ! I may have to cut up a few downed trees on the road tomorrow? Hope the main road doesn`t get any large rock slides. a couple of years ago a section 40 ft. wide slipped down the hill and closed the main road for months. The Federal Government stepped in and rebuilt a long section of the main road. Every thing seems to be extreme up here!

germinator

germinator

Almost midnight and can`t get to sleep. Windy storm outside is shaking the motorhome. Going to have a mess in the morning. Wind gauge shows gusts have been as much as 123mph ! I may have to cut up a few downed trees on the road tomorrow? Hope the main road doesn`t get any large rock slides. a couple of years ago a section 40 ft. wide slipped down the hill and closed the main road for months. The Federal Government stepped in and rebuilt a long section of the main road. Every thing seems to be extreme up here!
Holy sheet bro batten down the hatches ....... Sending good vibes and prayers your way.....

Top Bottom