MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Wow woke up so disorientated i wasn 't sure if it was morning or evening at first. It's cloudy and cool so think I'll catch a few more zzzz ' s . And I hardly ever do that!

Big mistake ! Slept way to far into the day, lost a lot of nice sun. I used the rest to caulk more of the office trailer. Going for a bigger push to catch more needed work done so I can get back to trimming! Spring`s coming ! Heard Lake Oroville is now 97% of the normal water level for this time of year. So although rain delays things it also necessary for life.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
65502 10152636470305191 1070805731 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They are mine. I sealed the outside of the office trailer until i ran out of sealant. Going to have to buy more to finish the job. Not sure if i will go to town tomorrow or work on adding brush to conceal the greenhouses for view better. Ether way I guess. Both jobs need done ASAP. Then I'll work on trimming until it's all done. I need to head down south as I have a debit to repay.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to town late and picked up some sealant as well as fuel for the generator and some grub. I`ll work on the office trailer in the morning. Also the travel trailer and motor home roofs, then the brush as I get time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got the office trailer all sealed , three sides as the top and back side are still covered with plastic. I`ll work on the back side and redo the roof when it`s expected to stay warm and sunny . I got today to finish the RV`s roofs and do what I can on the brush before yet an other 3-4 days of weather. If everything hold good I maybe able to do some trimming when it`s raining. I could work in the mornings while light enough to see without the generator going? Just have to see if there is enough light and it doesn`t get over humid. I really want to get back to trimming!!! I just don`t like starting on it only to have to keep stopping. I`m so behind as it is. It`s time to start working up the beds and getting the greenhouse in shape to plant on time. The goal is to plant by or near June 1rst. I could plant earlier but the plants always out grow the greenhouse as it is , even when I`ve planted late! So far none of the sprouts have broke surface. Could be the older batch of seeds or could be the soil is not staying warm enough ,often enough? I could try some fresher seeds to compare, if they don`t do any better then it is a problem with soil temps. If that`s the case then it`s possible all the seeds could come up all at once when it stays warm enough. Cold doesn`t kill seeds normally , it slows them way down in growth. I`ve had seeds come up under the snow but they grow very slow and never really get going until soil temps stay warm later in Spring. was thinking with the greenhouse I could grow them a little early if I can get them started. From seed they shouldn`t go into flower until they are about 3 months old and by then the light cycle should be long enough to keep them out of flower. I have my friend on the HWY who has power but he is rough on seedlings and keeps every genetics he can get his hands on. In the past he`s given out or sold genetics to every Dick, Tom and Harry around. Makes my stuff harder to get computation for locally.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
Got the office trailer all sealed , three sides as the top and back side are still covered with plastic. I`ll work on the back side and redo the roof when it`s expected to stay warm and sunny . I got today to finish the RV`s roofs and do what I can on the brush before yet an other 3-4 days of weather. If everything hold good I maybe able to do some trimming when it`s raining. I could work in the mornings while light enough to see without the generator going? Just have to see if there is enough light and it doesn`t get over humid. I really want to get back to trimming!!! I just don`t like starting on it only to have to keep stopping. I`m so behind as it is. It`s time to start working up the beds and getting the greenhouse in shape to plant on time. The goal is to plant by or near June 1rst. I could plant earlier but the plants always out grow the greenhouse as it is , even when I`ve planted late! So far none of the sprouts have broke surface. Could be the older batch of seeds or could be the soil is not staying warm enough ,often enough? I could try some fresher seeds to compare, if they don`t do any better then it is a problem with soil temps. If that`s the case then it`s possible all the seeds could come up all at once when it stays warm enough. Cold doesn`t kill seeds normally , it slows them way down in growth. I`ve had seeds come up under the snow but they grow very slow and never really get going until soil temps stay warm later in Spring. was thinking with the greenhouse I could grow them a little early if I can get them started. From seed they shouldn`t go into flower until they are about 3 months old and by then the light cycle should be long enough to keep them out of flower. I have my friend on the HWY who has power but he is rough on seedlings and keeps every genetics he can get his hands on. In the past he`s given out or sold genetics to every Dick, Tom and Harry around. Makes my stuff harder to get computation for locally.
Pretty hard when u have friends like that .you always have alot goin on

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yea and the guy is like 80 years old. Says he forgets who he got his genetics from if you ask him. I think it's true though because he's tried to trade me my genetics before , lol!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got everything sealed up good today, including the RV roofs. After checking the AC in the motorhome I found that the water it drains to the outside comes down right over the door way now. I can ether try to redirect it or re-level the motorhome. I didn`t cut any brush for my brush fence around the greenhouses, but I did restack the brush some. Won`t take as much now to keep the greenhouse out of eye sight. Rain tomorrow night so a brush hunting I will go ! All these projects seem to take to long ! Time to medicate and meditate.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My Father died not long ago, now my step Mom isn`t doing very good and has hart problems. My kids uncle just died from diabetes complications as well. Makes one ponder about being mortal.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a load of brush cut and on the brush fence. I think I`ll need more but will have to wait to see when it stops raining. I haven`t seen any leaks in the RV roof yet, cross fingers.
1235479 797158480438983 2434506872223047248 n

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
Mark you ever think of gettin a helping hand there seems like you have to much to do for one person

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yes I have. I`ve used family in the past but have had bad luck with partnerships. Don`t have a big enough cash flow to involve many helpers. I have no real options but ether struggle on by myself or grow my ambitions. I`ve choose to struggle on for a few reasons. I don`t want to have a large operation , to much work for a retired disabled guy and way to much in the radar ! Right now my family members are not in a position to be very helpful with kids, relations and jobs. What I`m looking for is a break in luck like maybe my property getting surveyed. I can have the road worked on and a clearing done with a small logging operation and then I`ll work on the support system, well, septic, solar, etc. Once I get into that situation things will take off in a hurry.

I`m looking good at the moment. I`ve got my last crop in and safe. It hasn`t even been trimmed yet and nothing has been turned into cash flow. I am holding out and living 100% on my Social Security. I plan on finding a different survey team to do my property this Spring or early Summer. I`ll work on the logging part when I can have a good timber cruse done and know my boundaries. The well will be expensive, maybe 15 K the septic a little less. Solar depends on what I plan on doing on the property , but it also will cost. After that I`ll need fencing done. just a barb wire on the perimeter of the property and a more secure fence around the compound. And electric fence that keeps the wildlife out. My goal is not to have a commercial pot farm , but to have an organic food farm and a smaller operation for medical seed crops. This takes up much less space and would keep the footprint down. I`m only growing small cash crops to meet these goals now. Keeping well under the radar compared to other local growers. So far I`ve had little troubles compared to larger growers in the area. None with LEO. Mostly had a bad partner rip me and had a few kids try to rip me. Leo has never been a big problem. Even the code officers went right past me last year. I`m just not a problem child and never have been. I know it is slow going, I almost refuse to barrow to meet my goals. I do owe 5k to one of my contacts out of this years crop. He`s been good about it and will get a good deal when I head down south. I also owe a couple people when I start to work on my seed crops for genetics they have provided me, but no bank type loans. Those who I`ve work with have always been provided with opportunities. I don`t like working with many people as many times in the past I`ve had bad experiences. Not all experiences have been bad though. The few who have been helpful have always been rewarded good and I continue to do so out of loyalty. Most of my contacts are very old ones. Very rare I seek new contacts or do anything with new people. Not that I wouldn`t consider doing so but very cautious of involving myself with new people. I`m in the game for the long hull , not looking for a quick reward , not looking to get an easy buck but an honest one.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
Well keep it up mark you seem like a cool guy ive followed u on here for a long time for some years now if i was close i would offer a hand once in a while but im not . good things happen to good people good karma headed ur way. Im shure

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been a ruff day. Had to go to town today for some supplies. Got back late and couldn't get a cell signal, only had one bar, even though the storm has mostly cleared up. Can`t remember one of my account passwords and can`t seem to get passed the sign in page to reset it. I had encryption changed up on my phone and it`s causing a bunch of problems. Sometimes simple is good ! The more tech you depend on the harder it makes it on you as well. Can`t believe the increase in gas prices from last trip to town! I also went out to look at Oroville Dam and the water levels are looking so much better this year !!!! I think the drought is over in my mind. We should be able to see the effect of local land use codes on prices more clearly without the drought also being so much of a factor for next year`s grow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It seems to be clearing up. If it keeps drying out I`ll be able to trim. There is a small breeze so this helps. Now if it doesn`t storm just as the humidity goes down I can get some work done!!! A surprise rain took out all my planted seeds so I`m not wanting to try again with that until the storms stop coming in so often. And yes got the leaks under control on the office trailer, the travel trailer , but not all of the leaks on the motorhome`s roof ! Some of the patch didn`t have enough time to dry before the last storm. Dam these RV roofs sure are hard to fix ! really need to just build a metal roof over them! If I had the new pad in That`s just what I`d do !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like good weather between April 10th and the end of next month so that will be my target date to do some trimming. I`ll do as much as I can between now and the 10th but looking like storms coming. After the 10th I`ll be doing nothing but trimming for as long as the weather holds. Got to get my guy paid off and get back to work up the garden. So far my friend hasn`t got zip done on the hash. I brought him 16 large tubs of material to make bubble with. Last time I stopped by he smoked some rather brown looking hash with me. I thought it would be bunk but it kicked my butt! He`s an old hippie and knows how to do a great job on the hash ! Just slow in his years.

Top Bottom