MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I took I my Silverado to be worked on ad picked up my Blazer from the shop yesterday. Also go word my survey is done ad the corners are marked. Just needs to be filed with the county so I can have a address registered. The road I cleaned up is the right a way for the property ad the property is right where I had thought it was. I will need some road improvements including a culvert over the spring fed creek , a little clearing and some leveling. There is logging going on up on the road and they cleaned up part of the road way in with a dozer. This will save me some money as all I will need to work on is the drive off the 4x4 road coming in.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not sure if I want to go culvert or maybe a bridge made from a rail car frame. If I went with the bridge it wouldn`t involve any permits or having to do with Fish & Game. I`d need cement piers made on ether side and would need a strong wood deck and side rails for the bridge. I could covert it to a covered bridge later if I wanted to. Wish my Dad was still around to talk this over with him.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I also should have my property cruzed again for timber. Could end up making enough to have the access cleaned up and a pad done out of the deal. Then I could work on water and a septic sooner?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Raining today. Not sure what I can get done. Monday need to pick up meds and get my new key fob programmed. Looking into painting my finder flares on the Blazer as they are sun bleached and one part needs replaced. I am looking into bridge spans on Monday as well. Going to cost to get over the creek and clean up the road and put in a pad.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam meds are ready to pick up but had a hard time finding someone who can program my new key fob. I`ll go to town this afternoon and run by a grow shop on the way back. I called and they won`t even be able to start on my truck until tomorrow, it may take a week to finish the work. I can`t pick up a load on manure until I get it back from the shop. Still to wet to use the weed eater, maybe tomorrow? Can`t rake up pine needles ether. I think my glasses may be in , if so I`ll pick them up while in town also. My daughter may come out to visit on Wednesday, if so I may have her do some work for me to help catch up.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a friend coming out from AZ and asked if he could bring his uncle out to meet me from Humboldt Co. Haven`t seen him since he moved out of state. Also met up with a restaurant owner from Jamaica( cousin of Bob Marley) at a grow shop, invited to his new opening after it opens after moving across town. It was an interesting day , but it took all day to have my key fob programed ! I also got some seeds from a friend who I had shared some of my Cough Drop Kush. He made a cross with some extra special cherry pie. Should be good! I couldn`t find any rock phosphate anywhere .But I did find some `Phos Bat` , a guano that is nearly pure Phosphate. Also picked up some North Atlantic Sea weed concentrate. If I don`t find any manure I still should be good on ferts for the next grow. I`ve spent nearly 2 k already of ferts. Weeds should be dry enough to use the weed eater on today!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thinking a 20 ton heavy equipment trailer deck might be a cheep route to go for a bridge. Bet I could pick one up for around $4,000.00 and use the deck for a bridge span. I`d have to make cement piers and take the axels off. It would also need to be lifted into place.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Next time I head down South I got to take a look at one of these!
00J0J ezmcNT9olik 600x450

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I agree it doesn`t look to comfortable but maybe a different seat? What I like is it is duel sport. Want a nice Harley but when you live on 4x4 roads....

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Today`s agenda ; finish cleaning a 55 gal drum and put on hand pump for fuel use. Get an other tub of bud to the trimmers, clean pine needles up. Got the weeds all down yesterday. Got a BBQ to go to this weekend and Monday my friend from AZ is coming over to visit. May want to do some house keeping before then. Should be working on the greenhouses all next week! Some of the plastic comes down and screen goes up ! I`m looking into some help for this and also to turn the amendments into the soil. Been putting it off until the truck is out of the shop so I can do a few water runs.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well didn`t get any pine needles picked up, and didn`t get any more buds to the trimmers yet. I did have a good time at the family BBQ. My truck is done at the shop and they left it outside for me to pick up. My daughter is coming this afternoon to give me a ride to town to pick it up. Other than chores I think I`ll take the rest of the day off. if my company leaves early enough I might work some on Monday.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Had a good time with my friend ,his Mom and a couple of his friends I got to meet. Windy last night. blow plastic off the office trailer and chunks everywhere. Going to need to get to that roof soon now !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What I want to do is prep the soil for planting in the Greenhouses . take down end plastic and roll up sides and put up screens. What I will be ending up working on is taking down the ripped up plastic that was coving the office trailer, prepping the roof for resurfacing, patching the side edging for staining before doing the roof and staining the sides. What I`ve just got done planted veggies and replaced the holding tank drain piping. I still have until the 1rst of June to be on time for planting, If I was ready I could plant today. I think we are well passed any chance of frost now. I just don`t see the advantage to planting any earlier or using clones or plants over about a foot tall. There is ample time for smaller plants to grow to maximum size if planted by the 1rst. of June. Planting any earlier just doesn`t result in any meaningful amount of end growth or bud production, just makes plants genetically older and more worrisome. In an outdoor set up it leave plants more vulnerable to pests and diseases. Still I don`t want to plant much later than the 1rst of June ether as it starts to translate into smaller plants and lower overall yield very soon after that date.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got all the plastic down off the office trailer and all the pieces blown in the wind I could picked up. The roof has rust on the sheet metal so not sure how well the roof coat will work on it. I need to get some tar patch for the edges and some trim stain for the sides. Thinking I need a new 12v light for the motorhome and need to catch up my laundry also. I could pay some of my bills for next month ahead of time on my trip to town also. If I take the truck I could maybe find a load of manure or buy it by the bag? I should have been getting a tub of buds ready to take to my trimmers but fell asleep on the couch watching TV while waiting to hear the news. My feet were hurting very bad today even though my blood suger wasn`t high, maybe just needed some time off my feet?

grayarea

grayarea

So ur building up to hiring an apprentice ? as the end game ? thats kinda cool.

ur sequencing looks ok. not having the capability to do all of the work u plan for you're self sux. its harder to use grow money for that then mcdonalds money, they will accept you not being able to afford to pay for people to help if you work at that place lol if you grow then ur expected to make it look like ur rich people.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The point is to live cheap and have a higher quality of life.

Dam woke up to lighting,thunder and heil turning to a down pour of rain! Almost cold enough to snow!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent the day hunting for clones. Wanted to use my own genetics but while the seeds popped tails the soil was just to cold for them to make it. I ran out of time to sex them and have them ready in time so hunted all day for clones. Got ten God`s gift, ten Phantom ( GDP x Cherry Pie) and ten Larry OG . All look good , not large but very healthy and well rooted. Went to SF and up and down I-5 , Hwy 99 and Hwy 70. Almost went to Humboldt and Mendo Co. but it was way late and I was pooped ! I might do an other run soon , not that I need more but because there are a few strains I just have to try. Anyone grow Sherbet out doors before? I`ve seen pics and it looks so good but not sure how it grows in a greenhouse or outdoors. I jusgt want a few extra for replacements if needed and may put a few smart pots out somewhere also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom