MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I only got one load of water today. Krapped out. My nephew and his GF and an other friend came and they are doing some work for me. They will be coming back tomorrow after relocating one t-post and putting two more in for me so the corner markers will be able to be found on my property years from now. The little wooden stakes they used to mark the corners of the property from the survey are lame.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Damn! That's a lot of work for one person ! If you were out herein New England I would come volunteer some time with you , still got some strength left in my back . I wish you the best, Great thread good sir

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My family first migrated to the New England area from Scotland in the early 1600`s. They later settled in the Virginia Colonies until after the War of Northern Aggression before heading out West. Have family all across the country as well as some still in the UK , Europe, Asia and the Middle East. All are at least partly Celtic. Last count our clan had 180,000 members , but that count was taken in the 70`s. Family origin is the house of Alpin, K.O.S. Also related to other Royal Houses from Egypt to Ireland. I use the large reach to get some great genetics! And have a lot of really old strains in my collection to work with. I`m hoping to complete my farm and return to breeding and maybe some vending at some point. But my farm will mainly be a small food farm , run organic and natural. The intent is to be as independent from the economy as possible and be able to supply good food, and medications in times of trouble or economic down turn. And also to preserve and supply good genetics for future generations. This adventure is my quest to restart my life after the loss of my wife and my property and the return to breeding and vending genetics from the late 60`s when I owned Sunshine Seeds (Bay Area, founded Citra 1968) and worked with Sacred Seeds later as an outside breeder and supplier of genetics. I`m an old fart now and disabled so it`s tuff going but I`m a determined and full of Highland blood. `S Regal Mo Dhream !
640px Royal Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of Scotland svg
Celtic Symbol Tree Of Life paganism 15403296 500 500
Il 570xN 582954673 pvhp

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing a little history, I knew you have been involved in some major things, but now I know a lil more. Some of my favorite people are scots, my old roomie in Newport RI being number one, got to meet his folks when they came to visit from Livi. I used to live in the Bay Area too, but in 2004 -08... I worked In the skateboard industry fora good part of my life, that was the best part though. During the purple craze.... Mmmmm mmmm, still got a soft spot for purples . And also, I need to include Damn!!! I bet your seed collection is 2nd to none!! Green with envy in New England .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Today was a light day. Got two loads of water yesterday but only one today. I ended up sick for some reason. My nephew and his GF came out and put in the rest of the T-post on the corners of the property where the surveyors only marked it off with tape and little wooden stakes. They`er coming back on Saturday to do more work for me. I`m over whelmed so glade to have some help. Of course I`m never satisfied with progress. I`m thinking I could use the help putting the screens on the greenhouses. I can get it done ,but It`s slow going and I want that project finished and on to the next one. Need to repair the office trailer roof and get a cover up on the RV. I`d like to have a propane dryer and the system in place for a washer also. Takes up way to much of my time in town doing laundry. I`m also looking into some road work and a bridge or culvert over the creek and on to my property. I`d add a pad to start moving on as soon as I can get the infrastructure in, well, septic and solar/diesel generator combined power system. Later I`ll decide between a mobile home or just moving the RV and cover as well as adding an overhang onto a deck in front. I really am looking forward to fences, barn and animal stock yard, pens , etc. Like to have farm animals, orchard and gardens in as soon as possible once on the pad. Hey I could have a nice house like in town , but really want the farm end of things more than extra comfort at this point. Still I need a base of operations that allows me some comforts while I build up a farm.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Can`t keep it. It purr`s way to loud at night! Going to do some clean up of the garden and take some pics to show the start vs. finish of this years crop. Hope to post in the morning !

mack 10

mack 10

That thing looks like a mountain lion.

Cool stories about your past, i bet you where one of the first seed company's
if you started one back in '68!
Could you expand on your Sacred Seeds story? i love all the history.
Did you work with Sam?
From all your years of growing what is your favo to grow?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not so much with Sam. I worked mostly with Steve at Sacred Seeds. Also supplied some of the genetics they used. My favorite grow is always the latest one! Always pushing the envelope, always learning as I go even after 50+ years of growing. Yep the kitty is a mountain lion . Not my pic , just found it on the net. But I have seen a few up here before !

mack 10

mack 10

Ah, cool.
So there was other people involved in Sacred seeds. Sam mostly claims it was him alone who did everything.
Not that I want to start any arguments,
I just love to hear the true history of how things went down back then.
Can you remember. How things started?
Can you say which genetics you supplied?

Good to hear that your still learning after
50 years growing!
50 years man, that's pretty impressive.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First off Sam the Skunkman had little to do with Sacred seeds. He was more a hang around , not a breeder. I`m the one who gave him his first skunk seeds. He ended up getting busted and took the whole crew down, except me. He is a rat. Steve started Sacred Seeds , not Sam the Skunk Rat ! I got over looked because I was just a kid and know one but Steve even knew I was a breeder. The Fuzz thought I was just a hang around and shoved me off to the side after a few questions. They asked me if I lived at the ranch? , No. Did I know anyone was selling pot/seeds ? No . Have I ever been arrested ? No. They then told me to leave. There were never any pictures or mention of me that were published. They had nothing on me as Steve didn`t rat on me. Every one else just knew me as the little wizard and I sometimes hung out. It was a commune and there were other kids there as well. I actually met Sam in Santa Cruze the first time. I had bad vibes about him then. I was there with Dr. Tim looking to score some of Haze seeds I`d herd about.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0681
DSCN0682
DSCN0683
DSCN0684
The first greenhouse is 6 God`s Gift to the front and 4 GDP in the back. The second greenhouse is all Lemon Larry OGK the third(bottom) greenhouse is all phantom ( GDP x Cherry Pie) the last picture is through two lures of screen where I have some of the side walls screened. It would be hard to take pictures with a digital camera from a chopper through that stuff. When done the screens are to keep bad bugs out and good bugs in.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Greenhouse looks awesome MC! I can't wait to watch all the hard work pay off. Thank you for sharing your grow. Thank you also, for who you are and all you have done ... Much love and respect to you

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thanks, the greenhouses are an unplanned work in progress. This year I`m putting up screen while the ends are down and the sides rolled up. Not planning on doing much else with them. I`ll likely replace them with an artic style greenhouse when I get on my pad. Something 4 season so I can grow smaller grows year-a-round instead of yearly . Way to much work for this old fart! I`m only growing 30 this year instead of 60. More root space , more air around them and about the same water usage should get more per plant and less work. Doing indoor grows I learned that along time ago, less is more! For some reason I forgot that for awhile.

mack 10

mack 10

First off Sam the Skunkman had little to do with Sacred seeds. He was more a hang around , not a breeder. I`m the one who gave him his first skunk seeds. He ended up getting busted and took the whole crew down, except me. He is a rat. Steve started Sacred Seeds , not Sam the Skunk Rat ! I got over looked because I was just a kid and know one but Steve even knew I was a breeder. The Fuzz thought I was just a hang around and shoved me off to the side after a few questions. They asked me if I lived at the ranch? , No. Did I know anyone was selling pot/seeds ? No . Have I ever been arrested ? No. They then told me to leave. There were never any pictures or mention of me that were published. They had nothing on me as Steve didn`t rat on me. Every one else just knew me as the little wizard and I sometimes hung out. It was a commune and there were other kids there as well. I actually met Sam in Santa Cruze the first time. I had bad vibes about him then. I was there with Dr. Tim looking to score some of Haze seeds I`d herd about.

cool story. Did you manage to get those Haze beans?
will you ever sell any more beans?
I'd love a chance to grow some of these old school classics especially any old skunks.

Your greenhouse is looking good.
can't wait to see it in a few months
GDP z Cherry Pie sounds tasty.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh yes I got some of the Haze seeds. Working on my farm for food ,clones and seeds. It will be a mother earth organic off grid farm and yes I`ll be working on breeding and vending again in time. I just got it surveyed and am working on access as there is a year round creek just over the property line that has cut through the access road. I`m working on a budget of around $120,000+ to improve the road, access , pad well, septic and solar then I will need a small barn, fence orchard and a 4 season greenhouse. also want a small root cellar and an RV cover or maybe a fixer upper mobile home. Lots to get done. I may put in RV hook ups and add a renter/care taker at some point. Really hard to take off for any amount of time if you have animals to care for.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well My BBQ is off to a slow start. My Nephew isn`t coming. Nether is my son and one of my daughters. The other one`s husband isn`t coming but one Grandson will be with my one daughter. I invited a couple of friends and not sure that they will be here. May have a nice visit with my one daughter and grandson and a bunch of food. Just did chores today. will get back to work the rest of the weekend.

Top Bottom